1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. hollandog

hollandog Member

I would bet my car on that you would not be able to score a bucket in 19 minutes. And no, you won't be able to turn the ball over because you will not even get to touch the ball.

I would also bet that you wouldn't be able to shoot 50%+ FT in a live game situation.

Love the internet warrior acting like he's better than a professional NBA player.

Anyone NBA player would trash you badly.

2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Again guys... we NEED Lin to beast if we want to go deep in the playoffs. Harden and Howard should be enough to carry us to the 2nd round, but in order to go deep, we NEED a scorer off the bench when Harden, Howard, and Parsons have their off games. The more Lin tailspins, the worse it is for us. Please get that through your heads... If you are a Rockets fan, a genuine Rockets fan, you WANT Lin to do well.

1 person likes this.
  3. Clarinetmonster

Let's put it this way:

[​IMG]

Talking about Lin = donuts
    Homer Simpson = us

4. HR Dept

HR Dept Member

Lin has all the skills needed to succeed in this league and be a consistently huge factor for this team. The only thing stopping him is whatever the hell it is that he has going on inbetween his ears. So damn frustrating.

5. kvnzhangyay

kvnzhangyay Member

Your pretty cancerous to this site also with that tone lol

6. Dementium

Dementium Member

I get what you are saying. Its like they are hiding behind the excuse that I only troll because of LOFs when the truth is LOF or not they would rip into Lin anyway.

Some of the reasons would be:

1) plenty of knee jerk on this board. You have people who think Hamilton is the next superstar and that TJones should be benched.

2) subtle racism. If you think race really has nothing to do with how people evaluate Jeremy you are being naive. Everyone is a little bit racist and I think it shows in how some people comment about him. They try to hide this behind the "I am the true Rockets fan defending our honour from LOFs schtick though.

I mean if you don't like the guy have the balls to just admit you don't, instead of justifying yourself as the defender against a group of fans.

What is this playground? He smacked me so I have to smack him back?

7. davidio840

davidio840 Member

Why kinda car you got? I'd gladly take you up on that offer if you don't drive a POS. I'm pretty sure anyone who has ever played ball in high school or higher could score in 19 minutes of playing time.. Way to act all hard and look like a idiot.

8. imaginedragons

In the NBA?? no way, dude. you must be in dreamland.

9. Dementium

Dementium Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...-boston-one-one-challenge-231654445--nba.html

Well you might if you were really good. But check out the link. Sometimes we see what they do and we think its easy.

Any NBA end of bench player would dominate guys who jut play ball for fun.

10. davek

davek Member

Not if you play just high energy like PB.:rolleyes:
    Sorry didn't mean to take a cheap jab on PB. :grin:

11. archinkent

archinkent Member

This. I have already been called a LOF twice, and also supporter of LOFs, just because I want to defend a Rocket.

All these years I have defended Rockets players (even T-mac when he gave up on us), but I'm starting to realise that defending Lin is just a losing cause. The hate is just too strong on this one.

12. 34to11

34to11 Member

You're right. If not for racism Lin would not have the rabid following he does.
    Were he White, Black, or Hispanic he would be just another player coming off the bench on a pretty good team.
    There would be no one here crying about his playing time.
    No repeated post about perceived mistreatment.
    No incessant claims of an ongoing conspiracy to marginalize him as a player.
    Throngs of LOFs would not even know who he is, nor would they care.

So yes, you are correct. Racism definitely plays a role.

13. Nanisteru

Nanisteru Rookie

SMH these drama queens...

And they bring in ridiculous statements made by LOFs OUTSIDE of CF when you have to look no farther than the garm to see the stupidity of the LOHs!

(I am calling out the LOHs, not the Rocket's fans! LOHs are not Rockets fans.

The true fans want the Rockets to succeed and will criticize dumb plays without bias. They are realists and do not put up for crazy stuff like this.)

14. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Member

In the words of Henry Rollins, just because someone hands you a piece of **** doesn't mean you have to take it.

If it's so dumb why respond?

15. davidio840

davidio840 Member

LOL calm down people. I wasn't saying I would dominate in the NBA. All I was saying is anyone with any type of basketball skills could score a point in the NBA if given 19 min of playing time. 19 min is a lot of time to play.

It is quite simple. If you can shoot worth a ****, stand at the line and shoot as soon as someone throws you the ball. Odds are you won't even be guarded because nobody will give you the respect because you probably suck. The odds of it going in aren't great, but it isn't impossible to make a shot. I played ball for 17 years. I still play pick up ball now. I am by no means some badass ball player but all I am saying is I would gladly take the bet with the dumb post I replied too.

16. meh

meh Member

Dude. Jeremy Lin's production is NOT going be affected by the amount of fan support.

If all it takes for Lin to do well is for cluthfans posters to love him, then I will lead the LOFan club.

17. Pukimonster

Pukimonster Member

Lin is this board's whipping boy whenever the Rockets lose. He also gets ripped whenever they win and Bev has a better stat line

lol at everyone insisting Canaan is gonna push Lin to the end of the bench, you guys are delusional

18. Dei

Dei Member

... we'll see...

19. meh

meh Member

The sad thing about Lin is how the talking points have moved.

It used to be that he can be a star, whether he's better than Dragic and Lowry. And you had LOFs posting how his numbers were similar to CP3 in his 2nd year and stuff. Then it became whether he's better than Beverley. Now it's become whether Cannan may take his minutes.

I honestly hope the talking points go back up to whether he's on par or better than Dragic/Lowry. Rather than discussing whether Lin deserves DNP-CDs.

20. hollandog

hollandog Member

mind you. 2013 bmw. now prove your point.