1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

If you are saying ToF's are better than LoF's, then I agree. T-Mac at least had the skills to backup his mouth and the mouths of his crazy fans for a long time. Lin on the other hand...

2. FTW Rockets FTW

I think I got it.

LOF's are insecure, highly insecure. They are trying to live their lives vicariously through Lin. They find themselves using Lin's experiences as their own and ride high and low with Lin. It is a dangerous way to live life.

Nothing else can explain their irrational hate towards the Rockets organization from Morey to coach to Harden to Bev to despicable twitter attacks on Feigen and Friedman while copying the Rockets players twitter handles to all sorts of conspiracy theories, excuses and baseless accusations aimed at hiding the deficiencies of Lin as a basketball player while trying to justify that he is a top top player with ifs and buts. They get immense joy in attacking Beverley or Harden or other Rockets players.

1 person likes this.
  3. sammy

sammy Member

The bottom-line is that Lin isn't in our long-term plans and it's because he isn't worth more than 2-3 M at this point.

4. davek

davek Member

Talking to yourself again? Definitely not what I was saying or even implying. Why do you even bother checking this thread? Talk about being a hypocrite.

5. davidghall

davidghall Member

I CAN'T play! But that's the point. Neither can Jeremy. At least not at a level anywhere near where we need him to.

6. Exel

Exel Member

And at what level do you think Lin heeds to play at for the Rockets to be successful?

7. solodolo

solodolo Member

[​IMG]

8. davidghall

davidghall Member

I think the Rockets are pretty damn successful as they are. Unless you consider success only winning and NBA title. So I think he's a good enough backup PG to have a very good team, not good enough to win a title unless we magically were to acquire Lebron or Kevin.

He just doesn't have very many strengths. You will see flashes from time to time (hell Matt Schaub shows flashes), but he's wildly inconsistent. I'd say he is way below average at ball handling, shooting, and defense and it's tough to be an elite team when one of your key guards is that bad in all three of those attributes.

9. davidghall

davidghall Member

As far as the alarming turnovers I was talking about in general, not just last night. Still, 2 turnovers in 19 minutes is not great.

10. rhino17

rhino17 Member

He's been terrible lately to the point that Canaan needs to start getting some minutes. He makes more dumb plays than anyone on the team. Constantly driving and not knowing what to do with the ball, so indecisive, so afraid it seems

11. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Hahahahahhahahaha

Silly Lof

99ers are the purest rockets fans on clutchfans , you guys for one player , we joined because we are one

12. Exel

Exel Member

I don't know if it's the recent spate of games that's weighing heavily on your outlook of Lin, but I have to disagree with your assessment on his shooting and defense. Lin has a .572 TS% and .509 eFG% which are solid numbers. And several defensive metrics have him tagged as an average defender (1.0DWS and 1.0dRAPM).

Yeah consistency is still a major issue with his play, but I don't think it has impacted the Rockets performance that much. Lin has played well during the Rockets 8 game win streak and has played poorly during the 5 game road trip. And even with Lin playing poorly, the Rockets went 3-2, with the two losses being competitive, on the road and against playoff teams on the second night of a back to back.

24 games left in the season, I still have faith that Lin will get it together by then. And sooner than later too.

13. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

The only person who can change peoples opinion on Lin is Lin himself.

The negative backlash on Lin here is largely enhanced by his fans joining clutchfans.

Lin is NOT a new topic on clutchfans. We've talked about him during his Knicks days on the dish. It was mostly favorable.

Lin is inconsistent. It's true on paper and with your eyes .

Rockets fans are not blind supporters of their team, if someone sucks, they want someone better. That's true of all teams.

In 93 the rockets drafted horry, and rockets fans booed.
    Not because of horry, because the last player from Alabama sucked
    Lin needs to play well and especially in the playoffs.
    Some people say that he could be Sam cassell, we'll he needs to prove it.

14. DOLPHIN2k2

DOLPHIN2k2 Member

Actually, in Bev's bad games people say "he is there for defense and not offense so 0 pt doesn't really matter". If the other PG goes off on him but Bev gets a few steals, people would say "yeh, but did you see the ball pressure he puts on players he guarded? Bev was bugging him non-stop! Such pest. Awesome defense!" When Bev doesn't do much of anything stat wise, people would say "Well, he is there because Jeremy plays better off the bench and can help the bench play better as the 6th man."

15. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

PBev is a guy who no one had expectations of and is on a contract that equates to beans in the NBA. No one has expects him to be a scorer. What we do expect of PBev however, is to go out and play every game and defensively make life as close to a living hell as possible for the opposing guard. Is that always going to happen? No. Should anyone expect him to shut down people game in game out? No, unless you are an idiot.

Lin has an entirely different job. His job is to come off the bench and plays as intelligently and aggressively as possible as both playmaker and facilitator when Harden happens to be sitting otherwise play SG, something he struggles with immensely currently. He is also getting paid about 10x more than Bev for marginal improvement as a PG.

16. yostros99

yostros99 Member

I agree with +/-. It certainly can be deceiving at times. However, it can be telling. I think everyone would agree that Beverley NEEDS to start on this team the way it's constructed. On other teams and rosters, Lin would need to start but since the Rockets have Harden to control the ball in the first unit, Lin fits in much better off the bench as the guy that can handle the ball and create. Sometimes though, it doesn't work out to well.

17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Jeremy Lin is a joke is as valid as Jeremy Lin is the next Chris Paul. But I get it, law of equal and opposite reaction happens.

18. Rox11

Rox11 Member

You see this comes because we are team first. Not player first. You can add in as many similar situations you want for our other players but they will not match up.
    Its about baggage with lin.
    -Contract
    -Productivity
    -Running a team
    -Linsanity expectation
    -His fans

19. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Yep, I've wanted Rondo for a while now, but that doesn't mean I'm going to trash a player just to piss of his fans. I'll trash him because he or casspi or garcia or whoever are crap at basketball at the moment, not for some ancillary reason.

I imagine this happened with YOFs/TOFs so I guess I'm just new to this rediculous one-up game that people love to partake in.

20. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Listen to yourself....
    So if casspi, garcia, bev ect had as many fans each, as much as lin does..We wouldn't be able to criticize them for the sake of their fans?