1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. rmoreno

rmoreno Member

2. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Member

It's called what-have-you-done-for-me-lately, and it isn't exclusive to Lin. Jeremy has had a solid stretch of bad games lately, which is why this thread continues to be bumped. No one will care about a triple-double you had a month ago if it's followed by several duds. Same way T. Jones was hailed as the probable answer at the 4 a few weeks ago and now there's a thread where people are calling for DMo to start over him. Same way people are in the AB <---> Jordan Hamilton thread suggesting JHam makes Parsons expendable and should take his minutes. When Bev had a string of games earlier this season where he contributed next to nothing on either side of the ball, people kept bumping that Beverley-is-a-****ty-PG (or whatever it was called) thread. If/when your recent performance sucks, people are prone to focus more on that than what you did X games ago. It just is what it is, and everybody gets it.

1 person likes this.
  3. Texanswin2013

Texanswin2013 Member

What about when he wasn't facing an"elite" team? He played like **** against so many bad ****ing teams over this stretch. Get Lin's dick out of your mouth and understand he is at best an average player.

4. Texanswin2013

Texanswin2013 Member

Dwight had a great game as well.

5. Texanswin2013

Texanswin2013 Member

This supposed to be impressive? He gets outplayed by every rotational PG in the league for 15 straight games but at least he has a YouTube video of his best moments LAST season.

6. davek

davek Member

Then he should've use better words than "not worthy of an NBA player."
    Thats just purely bashing and rude.

No one disagree that Lin performance has been poor as of late. I'm more concern on how our "starters" handle the elite teams and less concern of what-have-you-done-for-me-lately for JLin. JLin performance yesterday not good but our starters....should I say more? If the starters can't beat teams like this we expect the 2nd unit to win games for us? Godspeed.

7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

My feelings on the interwebs is hurt because he's rude to jeremy Lin

now I'm gonna cry

8. davidio840

davidio840 Member

[​IMG]

9. jamphus

jamphus Member

With a reply like this, you are not trustworthy.

10. davek

davek Member

Base on your signature, "Yay we got HARDEN""

You must of cried like a little b**** when harden played so poor yesterday. You must of feared the beard so much that you couldn't cry on his thread. *OUCH*

11. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

No don't say bad about lin
    if he misses a shot you should pretend it went in

1 person likes this.
  12. lfw

lfw Rookie

First rule of Clutchfans. You do not defend Jeremy Lin.
    2nd rule of Clutchfans. You DO NOT defend Jeremy Lin.
    3rd rule of Clutchfans. If you defend Jeremy Lin, you will be called an LOF.

13. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

I like how you ignored the first part of my post. I said Lin was playing well in the 2nd and McHale should've maybe let him stay in longer. Obviously if he's playing like **** then you take him out.

14. davidghall

davidghall Member

So you're telling me I couldn't turn the ball over at an alarming rate, only make 2 of 8 shots, shoot 50% from the foul line, and miss layups????

15. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Member

The best of the starters by far, but I think "great" is a stretch. It would be great if we could lean on Dwight to absolutely dominate on nights when Harden is off (and vice-versa) -- after all, that's why they get paid the big bucks. Dwight >>> Deandre, but Deandre is obviously big and quick enough to keep a lid on Dwight down low. Just not a great matchup for D12, IMO.

16. naesoon

naesoon Member

The Rockets still would've lost tonight even if Lin wasn't on this team because you still had the starters stinking it up. Also, hello, it was against the Clippers! So much criticism of Lin. You guys must have a lot of expectation from him to get on his nuts all of the time. I'll think of it this way, if he was a non-factor, you guys wouldn't be wasting your breath on complaining about him.

17. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

2 turnovers is alarming lol. And the missed layup he was hacked right across the face. I know Lin was terrible and one of the worst players on the floor last night, but let's not engage in this hyperbole that you could play

18. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

This is a delusion and much of the Lin criticism is the fault of his fans in all honesty. If his fans were not such lunatics in propping him up, Lin wouldn't get nearly as much hate as he does. It is what it is though at this point in time.

19. sammy

sammy Member

I don't care about the loss. That was on everyone for the most part.

What I care about is that he looks like a complete scrub right now. What's most maddening about Lin is that he's careless with the ball. He tries cross-court passes, which never work. He gets up in the air with nowhere to go, which usually leads to a turnover and an easy transition bucket.

20. Panda23

Panda23 Member

but do you think it's alright for fans, if they call themselves that, to want Lin to fail just so they can talk crap/get one on over Lin only Fans? Cause these posters exist.

There's nothing wrong with wanting Lin gone cause he sucks as basketball, can't dribble, fear he's gonna bomb in the playoffs, etc, yaddayadda, cause it's criticism and everyone on the team receives that , jones, dmo, asspi, harden dwight etc when they've had their struggles

But I just can't wrap my head around how people engage in this sort of schadenfreude type behaviour at the expense of someone who is still a Rocket, and think it's any different from LOFs wanting bev/harden/mchale etc to bomb.