1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin Documentary Coming To Theaters (September)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tonaaayyyy, May 11, 2013.

1. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

A documentary about Taiwanese-American NBA star Jeremy Lin (林書豪) opened this year’s Los Angeles Asian Pacific Film Festival on Thursday and attracted many Lin fans, including one dressed in a wedding gown.
    It was the first time the documentary, called Linsanity, was selected to open a film festival.
    Director Evan Leong (梁伊凡) said he felt honored and happy to have his work chosen to start the Asian film festival.
    Linsanity chronicles Lin’s inspirational story before his meteoric rise to fame with the New York Knicks in February last year.
    It records his unwavering faith and hope for opportunities at a time when he was struggling to find a place in a league that showed little interest in him, the festival’s Web site said.
    The 24-year-old Havard graduate is a devout Christian.
    Leong said he had learned a lot from Lin during the shooting, and praised him as a role model on and off screen.
    The opening ceremony of the festival drew many people, including Hollywood stars of Asian ancestry such as Chinese-American actress Bai Ling (白靈) and Japanese-American actor Brian Tee.
    A large number of Lin devotees also attended the event. One woman, clad in a white wedding dress and a bridal veil, held up a framed drawing of Lin as a former member of the New York Knicks alongside a sign referring to her as Lin’s future wife.
    Organizers put up a cutout of the Houston Rockets star that allowed visitors to have their picture taken with it at the documentary’s screening.

The documentary is expected to hit theaters in major US cities in September, producer Brian Yang said, adding that he is also in talks with theaters in other nations.

China has shown interest in the documentary, and it could appear in theaters there in the fall if everything goes smoothly, Yang said.
    The 29th Los Angeles Asian Pacific Film Festival will run through May 12.

Can't wait!
    http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/archives/2013/05/04/2003561425

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I thought this had already been released? :confused:

3. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

Only through Sundance Film Festival were they showing it. Will be available in theaters this Fall.

4. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

Nice to know. Thanks! :cool:

5. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

His story is absolutely unbelievable, got waived two times, almost got waived a third time and then got the opportunity when someone was injured, never looked back; truly inspirational.

6. The RavenEffect

I'll certainly check it out. Great story.

7. bball_lifer

bball_lifer Member

When does Beverly's documentary come out? First player to go from playing in Russia to starting in the playoffs in one season.

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It never ends with this guy.

9. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

Never looked back? Are you kidding me? He was awful this season

10. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

You could certainly say that he was awful this post season possibly due to the subtle elbow from Sefolosha but if you think he was awful this season then your expectation is indeed too high.

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

He was truly inspirational this season.

12. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

I am expecting my own DVD of Linsanity to arrive in my mailbox in the fall. But will still definitely go and see it in theaters!!!:)

13. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

I posted this in two other threads, but thought I'd post it just for people like you. ("AWFUL"??? Really? Unbelievable, some of you guys...)

Clutchfans never ceases to amaze me.

The last time I think I posted anything of significance was in support of AB when he was being bashed and busted up by so many on here, before he was traded to Phoenix.

I guess (to some degree) I can understand the frustration over LOF's calling out Harden or McHale. ('cause if you can't play for McHale, you can't play for the majority of NBA coaches...and even though Harden can drive us crazy with turnovers and his reaching on D, he's by far our best player)

Maybe that causes some to become LOH's, I don't know.

But, the degree of "hate" and criticism Lin gets from some is just beyond ridiculous.

Does he make you scream at the TV when he gets in the lane and pulls up his dribble, then tries some absurd shot or extremely difficult pass "back out" 'cause he's got nowhere to go? DEFINITELY. Without question. No doubt.

Still, if a guy in his first full year of playing signifigant minutes, while learning a new system, learning to play alongside a star player, trying to play the way his coach wants him to play, is able to improve the way Lin did throughout the year, I'll take my chances with him continuing to grow and develop.

This has nothing to do with on court production, but how many players in today's NBA will take the time to go into AN ASSISTANT COACH'S office (McHale was out at the time) after air-balling a three against Miami at crunch time and APOLOGIZE and say "Sorry coach, I'll hit it next time"....? Not many.

While it wasn't the exact same situation, the next two times he was needed in crunch time (vs Portland and OKC) he delivered down the stretch big time - and hit two clutch threes in the win vs. OKC. It's hard not to pull for or like a guy like that.

I was one of the guys defending the team when Linsanity was happening and so many people (especially on here) were non-stop talking about how we could have had him, what a dumb move, etc. I expected the league to "catch up" to him and he'd "come down", and completely understood why the decision to let him go was made.

But, once he became a Rocket (again), it's time to support the guy and pull for him - and why would you not? Great kid.

Yes, I know that has nothing to do with performance on the court. OK, let's look at that for a minute.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

First 44 games of the season - Rockets go 22-22 (.500). Lin is shooting .423 from the field, .279 on threes, .775 at the line... he's averaging 3.8 boards a game, 6.0 assists, 2.0 steals, 3.0 turnovers and 12.0 points per game.

Over the final 38 games (46% of an NBA season), the Rockets go 23-15 (.605, which would equate to a 50 win season). Lin shoots .461 from the field, .398 on threes, .795 from the line... his rebounds drop to 2.2, assists rise to 6.2, steals drop to 1.3, turnovers dip to 2.8 and his scoring increases to 15.0 ppg.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not saying the guy is Chris Paul, but would you take a PG shooting 46% from the floor and 40% from downtown, while averaging 15 ppg, 6.2 asts, even with the 2.8 turnovers? I think most of us would... (and we DID... for nearly the entire second half of the season!)

I don't get it. The guy raises the level of play down the stretch of the season, the team plays well and makes the playoffs... and he gets crucified like a Tebow or Romo.

Don't think it had anything to do with the schedule - look up the stats - he played much better against playoff and .500+ teams than he did against sub .500 teams (for some reason).

I don't have the date of the video, but I believe Lin's decrease in rebounds (and steals) started around the time McHale was talking to the media about "court balance" and when the PG is rebounding, your likely now in a bad position (after being questioned about Bev's offensive rebound rate). It's almost like you could see him trying to adjust his game to more of what McHale wanted - rebounds and steals decreased as he tried to play more responsibly.

Going forward, we can only hope he's able to continue to improve as he DID this season while finding that medium between playing too cautiously and staying aggressive with his help defense, where he has shown the ability to thrive.

Was what happened in the playoffs frustrating and disappointing? Extremely. No doubt. Big time.

He was playing fine in game one 'til the two turnovers late in the first half, then it snowballed. He played well in the first half of game two and after the injury was a shell of himself and shouldn't have been out there.

The amount of "hate" towards players on this site is often brutal. The knee-jerking is comical. If you support the TEAM, support the players... at all times. I'd love to log on and read stuff like "Man, Smith has got to pick his game up" or "Lin's played like crap these last two games".... But, we don't get that.... we get "Damn Greg Smith sucks!" or "Maybe we won't have to worry about Lin after this season"...lol. Smh.... Really?

2 people like this.
  14. jvu

jvu Member

WTLDNR... Okay Lin is good he is a star that hasnt played like one.... Yet. Don't worry about these judgemental fans..

"One who is quick to judge... Is one who acts uneducated."

Lin will be a semi star. We will win playoff series with him. Relax and Stop posting a novel about about why we should like Lin or why they are quick to judge. Good luck

15. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

lol... rarely post. So when I do, things are "built up".

Don't like 'em long, don't read it, no biggie. Just simply get tired of all the knee jerk reactions and player bashing.

Did the same thing when AB was getting destroyed on here before he was traded.

16. javajam

javajam Contributing Member

Great to see any sort of positive stuff about a member of our Rockets!!

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Cool. It should at the very least come to the Sundance theatre in Houston.

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wow. They are realising on the big screen instead of a 30 for 30?

Already saw it.

Good work on the film team part.

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Will it include the playoff performance?

20. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

1 person likes this.