1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lamb is off to a cold start this preseason.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Raven, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Raven

Raven Member

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....amb-is-off-to-a-cold-start-for-oklahoma-city/

I was very high on this pick, and he looked promising before the trade.

:confused:

to

:grin:

2. CCorn

CCorn Member

They won the trade.

3. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

That guy looked like a future starter in his few games here.

4. Raven

Raven Member

Morey should offer the Thunder a 2nd round pick for him. :grin:

5. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Looks like he's gonna be back in the D League again this year

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Maybe Lamb is just a 4A player. He tore up D-League last year like a superstar.

I think he'll pull it together eventually and be a decent rotation player. OKC won't be a top 4 seed unless Reggie Jackson is very good and Lamb is decent over the course of 82 games.

1 person likes this.
  7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

He should. Just to piss off Presti more. Haha

Morey: we still love this guy. I'll give you 2nd round pick for him

Presti: I'm not allowed to talk to you anymore. Please don't call me again.

1 person likes this.
  8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I respect that you are cfnets resident authority on OKC. And you are as objective as they come

But I'm pretty up on Denver too

OKC will win their division, which guarantees too 4 seed. Denver won't beat them out

9. Reach

Reach Member

The Harden for picks trade will be remembered as one of the worst of all time.

10. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Here on Clutchfans last summer Jeremy Lamb was like the second coming of Reggie Miller. Folks had him slated to have replaced Kevin Martin by the trading deadline and be in the running for ROY. Also last summer Terrence Jones was to have replaced PPat by the trading deadline and Royce White was to be our sixth man off the bench. Thomas Robinson as an all star candidate? Um, no.

Many posters here on Clutchfans must be youngish (with strong connections to the college game) and/or naïve as there is an unusual amount of overhyping rookies and young players (this year not so much grant you). Hang around the NBA for a little while and you'll see that a lot of really great college players never make in the NBA, and fewer still who do make ever become stars.

Anyone know who Lawrence Moten is??? Syracuse. Holds (or at least used to hold) the Big East record for most points scored in a season.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Thanks for the compliment. BigBenito is another guy here who follows OKC even more than I do.

I meant top 4 W/L record in the West. Forgot about division winner automatically being #4. Unless something weird happens, Rockets, Spurs & Clippers are almost certain locks for top 4 W/L. If Curry and Bogut remain healthy, the Warriors will also have a great regular season record.

I don't expect WB to return to form this coming season and this will cost OKC wins. If thing really break the wrong way with Lamb and Reggie Jackson, OKC could be looking up at the Grizzlies too.

12. Raven

Raven Member

He did look good, and I thought he was a great pick at #12, but maybe he's just not meshing with their staff?

Interesting point is that John Henson was still on the board, and Meyers Leonard went one spot higher.

13. amaru

amaru Member

I think Reggie will have a good season.

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Maybe he isn't being coached up. Maybe they aren't putting him in position to succeed.Rocket have had some pretty low draft picks and low Lottery picks that have been surprisingly good or surprisingly serviceable. I refuse to believe that is just luck. No one finds it strange when those same players that get traded who were fan favorites because of their play here, fall off a cliff everywhere else? I wonder what type of shots he is taking. It looked like in summer league they wanted him to be a player with the ball in hands, creating his own shot. Maybe they shouldn't be doing that.

I think if Lamb stayed here he would have been better IMO. Rockets winning that trade *fist bump*

15. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

i don't care. he was good in 2k!
    get him back!

hah hah

16. TISNF

TISNF Member

That's probably more of a superficial assessment. Robinson or Terrence Williams didn't really contribute much at all while members of the Rockets (but indeed that was in limited minutes).

I do agree that Morey and the Rockets' development staff/coaches do seem to bring out the best contributions in players they bring in. Certainly Casspi could end up being another great example.

17. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

1) You're misrepresenting the community as a whole.

2) Aren't you the dude that attacked the new poster here who dared to suggest Jeremy Lin as a 6th Man, only to have it happen less than 24 hours later?

2 people like this.
  18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I still think he can be pretty good. He's got "instant offense off the bench" written all over him. And there's nothing wrong with that, 12ers and 13ers. Nothing wrong at all.

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The Harden trade has potential to be one of the greatest heists of all time. Hilarious.

20. delishman

delishman Member

Fatality.