1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden is gonna get screwed over again in MVP Voting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HardenTime, Jan 1, 2017.

1. FTW Rockets FTW

Isiah Thomas has Kawhi Leonard as his MVP. Just mentioned on TNT

Glad he got no vote sucker

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Surprised Curry said this?

Broussard: No. I think it's being misconstrued as it's his pick, where it sounds like he's just saying I think he'll win. I guess you could say it's his pick. I think he's saying that's who'll win because of winning. It makes sense to me. There's a great case. I've been riding with him the entire season until recently when it looks like Russell will get this triple-double. If he falls off & averages 9.9 assists, he will not get my vote & it will likely to go Harden.

Secondly, Steph has benefited himself from the winning matters argument. 1st MVP, he averaged less than 24 points, less than 8 assists, shot 48% - not eye-popping numbers but they won 67 games & he ended up getting MVP. And Houston has beaten them once. They split in 2 games this year. They obviously swept & dominated OKC three times. It makes sense.

Shannon: Not surprised. People need to get out of this way of thinking. "Michael Jordan would've never said Barkley or Malone should be MVP." Guys are comfortable now. I think it takes a lot. Steph's first MVP, the players voted James Harden. ... Don't look now, he's creep'd up to the 6th spot. If they get the 5 seed, no way anyone other than Russell if he averages a triple-double will win MVP. To get up to the 5th seed over the Clippers...

Skip: I can't believe the disrespect that continues to be paid to an all-time great athletic achievement Westbrook continues to pull off. I was surprised he would even go there yet. We have a long way to go to the finish line. ... Pay more respect. I watch Houston all the time. They're really good. They're loaded with shooters. When I look at all the snipers: Ariza, Anderson, Lou, Gordon, Beverley, Dekker with Capela & Nene inside, it's a better team than OKC. Thunder lose Kanter and they start losing games. He's their 2nd best scoring option. They lose Oladipo and start losing. It's all they got. What he keeps doing. He's beaten the 4th seed pretty much solo three times. Give him that. He's beaten the Celtics, Grizzlies, Clippers twice. I don't know what's not to like about that. If you end up averaging a triple-double, the energy required to do it game after game, in an era of resting players.

9.9 assists?

Skip: He loses some luster.

Broussard: USA Today polled GMs. They have Harden 1st, Westbrook 2nd. Everyone is looking at wins & maybe the FG% that's getting at people. I've come over it because I think the triple-double is incredible.

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

this is so stupid....going from 10 assists to 9.9 assists is the difference between Westbrook getting Broussard's vote or not

what a joke

4. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Video proof of Broussard making no sense.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

You are a genuine idiot if you think 0.1 assists per game decides who the MVP of the league is. I think that's pretty clear, and it's not surprising that Broussard falls in line with that.

6. Fyreball

Fyreball Member

If I ever find myself agreeing with anything Skip Bayless says, I want you guys to know that I'm going to remove myself from the general population for the betterment of humanity.

7. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

"If Westbrook gets 820 assists: MVP!
    If Westbrook gets 819 assists: Harden is MVP!"

- Chris Broussard, basically

DonKnock, vtjsr2 and J Sizzle like this.
  8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Should have his vote taken away right there on the spot.

It's whatever I guess. I guess Harden will be the player that adds credibility to the players vote MVP.

DonKnock likes this.
  9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I do think that if (and probably when) the players vote Harden MVP twice while the media goes for the darling of the season again, it'll open some eyes.

This dude literally goes "everyone's looking at wins..." as if wins aren't as important as stats. It's almost as if people think Harden's averaging like 17 and 5. It's like his 29/11/8 is barely comparable.

DonKnock likes this.
  10. FTW Rockets FTW

**** Bayless is just a butthurt troll.

Someone needs to lay the smack down on his old sagging ass

DonKnock likes this.
  11. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

So Westbrook needs 151 assists over the last 16 games to be MVP :confused:, but if he only gets 150 he's a scrub

DonKnock and J Sizzle like this.
  12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Chuckle *

Time to make like Elsa and let it go. These guys have votes. Harden can't win it, Westbrook has to lose it.

13. Juxtaposed Jolt

Gonna give "multiple sauces" the benefit of the doubt, here.

You guys are right in that 0.1 asts should not an MVP consideration be made or broken. However, it's human nature to perceive it as "not good enough." It's akin to something like: an 89.5 is a B, in school, and an 89.6 will round up to an A. That 0.1 difference is pretty substantial. Or even the 1 point difference between an 89 and a 90. One is perceived as higher than the other, even though it's minuscule.

Honestly, I think the only reason Westbrook is even in MVP talks is because of that triple double, and not because he leads the league in scoring. If he finishes with <10 asts a game, Westbrook then becomes a player averaging a double-double on a playoff team without HCA; you could name lots of players doing that, right now.

14. FTW Rockets FTW

So basically two extra rebounds is better than your team being 2 seeds and several games better

LOL at that Shannon guy. Idiots all of them

DonKnock and mario_v like this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

Broussard doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt...dude is a dumbass flip flopper. He had Harden all season, and now he's changing his tune. If your MVP candidacy relies on averaging 10 assists instead of 9.9 assists then you really shouldn't be in the discussion. Why do so many people gloss over the fact that Harden is only 2 rpg away from averaging a triple double as well? They act like he's averaging 25, 5, and 5. Why do they gloss over Westbrook's inefficiency? Westbrook's style of play used to be heavily criticized and was seen as a major reason for why KD left OKC. Now his style of play is being celebrated. It's ridiculous.

DonKnock and mario_v like this.
  16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Didn't realize how in love with a triple double these guys are. Lol. That is some bullshit criteria.

DonKnock likes this.
  17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Well said. Harden could average 40 a night from here on out and it wouldn't overcome the triple double. Just gotta see if Westbrook chokes it away. Probably not though, since he's obviously aware of it. He'll make the effort to ensure 10 assist a game.

samtaylor and DonKnock like this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Triple-double is only thing holding up his candidacy. Who cares that they're 37-29 & been 6th/7th seed most of the season or he's inefficient/shooting 41%.

Triple-double MVP give it to him!

I mean he said the other day the Rockets are *only* on a 55-win pace & that HURTS James Harden? What? :eek: Is this bizarro world?

DonKnock, Deuce and mario_v like this.
  19. mario_v

mario_v Member

29 points, 11 assists, 8 rebounds.

Why is espn only talking about Westbrook's stats but not hardens?

DonKnock likes this.
  20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Because it's not a triple double

DonKnock likes this.