1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green will be the Rockets' Numero Uno

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kpdark, Jan 2, 2024.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You have to trade FVV because Brunson is the same player but better.....at slashing.

Does not make sense to have a disgruntled FVV still in Houston when he already beefed with Scottie Barnes before.....

If it is a separate trade, that is going to be 2 mega trades within weeks ....that is never realistic.

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

FVV seemed to co-exist with Kyle Lowry just fine.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So trade him to the Heat then.

I meant he will not be in the head space to play with Brunson ...

4. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I will happily keep FVV for the next few years, thank you very much.

5. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I am really rooting for Jalen. I really like the kid. I even like the quirks he often gets criticized for here. I love that he's a little weird and shy and does weird **** like paint his nails black. He always comes across as a genuinely good kid in interviews. I want him to be what we all hope him to be as badly as anyone I think.

But he's got such a long way to go right now. He's clearly nowhere near Sengun's level at this point. And it's hard to imagine him ever being better than Sengun. If he saw the game the way Alpi does, and had Alpi's fearless nature, then he'd be an all-time great. I just don't think that he does or ever will.

CXbby, evo8lover, Dobbizzle and 2 others like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Painting nails was the least of my concerns.......he had the narrowest shoulders coming into the Draft.....I have seen in a while.

Overall built like a fashion model or skinny baseball player than a real bball dude.

That said, some of his scoring is much appreciated though.

7. cumutk

cumutk Member

Jalen is a good kid, l like him and I am sure that he will have his place in NBA.
    But there is zero possibility that he can become half of Sengun, Sengun was already a great player before NBA, he has unique and unguardable offensive skill set, As Monty Williams said before Pistons game,in NBA there is Jokic, Embiid and Alperen in terms of post game. And as l have heard from Turkish Media, he is still growing, he is 6'11 right now, if he becomes 7'00.. l see no one can guard him in NBA..
    As a ceiling, Jalen has a chance to be a starting shooting guard at best, because he lacks fundamentals and has low basketball iq. He has a good characteristic and becomes happy for his team mates even sitting on bench.
    But come on, Sengun has a ceiling of becoming NBA's top 3-4 centers, he is the best player out of 2021 draft and no one is nearer...
    He only needed a quarter to dominate and to win the match for Houstons againts Pistons.
    Houston won that match, because Sengun was the offensive decision maker, his effect was beyond 9 asists he made. He made all others worked and facilitate.
    He dictated every second in the third quarter, he is an offensive wizard...
    Houston is Alperen and Van Fleet's team, all others are supporting cast...

#47 cumutk, Jan 3, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2024
  8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

But this is a Jalen thread, not a Sengun thread. Take the Sengun praise to where it is relevant.

Sad to say that even I'm now starting to get sick and tired of some of the Sengun-only fans here.

Alpi is the Rockets best player, but it's not all about him. We can discuss other players too.

9. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I agree.
    But you do realize the OP was a troll post right? Claiming the Rockets would not play/trade/release/not resign their best young player in Sengun.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Yeah yeah.

I confess I was triggered here. The accumulation of Sengun-only posts caught up with me. I wish I could delete it now.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  11. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I mean, those aren't actually massively different numbers outside of SGA obviously being a more consistent shooter and a better defender who didn't play for 2 years on a team where "defense" meant "watch the guy with the ball whilst your guy runs around doing whatever the **** he wants and your coach grins like he might've had a couple of nice blunts on the way over and he's imagining the pizza pocket he's been saving since lunchtime for halftime munchies."

napalm06 likes this.
  12. Yetti

Yetti Member

In all my years, and there are many, I havent ever heard such rubbish. In all all my life, such hatred against Jalen Green.
    I just hope that the Rockets Management takes no notice of this STUPIDITY !
    Spoken in hatred in an unchristian way against
    a 21 year old player of the Rockets.. I am a true fan of the Team Y

Mathloom, 34to11 and Verbal Christ like this.
  13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Well, Jalen has him in points. That's something.

#53 napalm06, Jan 3, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2024
  14. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I think your mistaking hate for vehement disappointment.

15. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Hatred? Where?

16. napalm06

It looks to me like SGA's advantage in efficiency is primarily from:
    * having a hot zone at the top of the 3 line
    * better finishing at the rim
    * having some paint moves out to the freethrow line.

That efg difference is exacerbated even more by the difference in 3 point shots taken.

Screenshot 2023-12-19 144626.png jg.png

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  17. napalm06

18. 34to11

34to11 Member

Now how did I know the 'Tics in particular would take umbrage to this?
    They swear they want all of the young guys to excel but these comments tell a different story.

This may be one of the better "bait & expose" threads I've seen here in a while
    Well done OP, well done.

19. JW86

JW86 Member

Thanks for the laugh.

OG of course ;)

20. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

(Not so) cleverly disguised "sengun can't defend" thread.