1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green Trade Value

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Nov 20, 2023.

1. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

Luke Kennard???????????????
    Defense?????????????????????????????????????
    He's also shooting worse than Jalen from 3 this year, Trey Murphy isn't playing until the next calendar year.

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Why would anyone think Jalen is a sixth man. Typically a sixthman can come in and instantly put up points. Jalen can't score

xtruroyaltyx and BallSoHarden like this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Really?

Dude has the most points of any rocket before age 22.

He's like 8th in pts before turning 22 in league history

Why are people so down on a 21 year old?

It's absurd.

glimmertwins and Hemingway like this.
  4. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

What contending team has a draft pick that will be top 10 in the next few years though? I think the Rockets would need a top 10 pick in return for him, because what is the point of mid first rounders? We will get mid first rounders from Brooklyn via their pick or their pick swaps for the next few years, and what exactly are we going to get in that range? We were lucky to get Eason and Sengun, but we also blew three late firsts the past two drafts on guys we gave away for nothing.

If stone screwed up picking Jalen, and not trading for SGA when he had the chance then I question his ability to consistently find value in the draft. Either way I think we will need to wait until the off season to see what teams under perform and what players are not happy. I can not imagine Donovan being happy in Cleveland if they suck, Morant is another situation I would keep my eye on. It may be time we package some draft assets from Brooklyn w Jalen to get an All-Star via trade instead of looking for mid first rounders to make us a contender.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

He has good value for a team just starting the rebuild.......he has questionable value on a team trying to win now as he still has a long way to being a good NBA player.

DD

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

It's pretty obvious now that whatever points he was allowed to put up on bad efficiency in the last two years don't work on a winning team. He's been very lost on how to score in general in a structured system.

Same to say he wouldn't be breaking any counting stats record if Ime has been coaching him in the last two years.

Corrosion, charlieaustin and Wommy like this.
  7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Member

I suspect he’s worth a mid-first. Probably not worth trading him for that given his potential upside. But I sure am tired of that word, “potential”. Folks need to be patient though. A few games with Ime isn’t enough to pass judgment. Let’s see where he is by the all star break.

Slim likes this.
  8. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

Green is worth very little compared to the resources we've given up to pick and develop him. I'd rather we see it out than sell when his stock is at its lowest.

Also, his scoring ability is so overhyped. You talk about how his PPG is so high; if you give any half decent player the green light that Jalen has been given the last two years, there'd be a ton of players that could match his output with the same terrible efficiency.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The jarring side is why does he have so many Only fans not long ago and even now.....

10. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

These are meaningless stats of opportunity. He’d be a lot lower on that list had more of the leagues great scorers came into the league at 19 or if more 19 year olds had been gifted a starting spot and allowed to jack up over 2000 shots in two seasons.

Corrosion, charlieaustin and NewAge like this.
  11. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I wouldn’t trade Jalen.

I think the odds of him becoming a star player are pretty low, but I think you still have to see it through. I doubt it happens, but something may click.

Id start preparing a contingency plan for sure though.

charlieaustin likes this.
  12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

It's not even only fans more like those who just want to see how it plays out with him under and actual coach, team system and pg.

If he ends up still sucking even after being put in the best situation we can let rfa decide his value. Doing due diligence on a player draft at number 2 is the smart thing to Do.

Folks btching that he sucks and to trade him when he was forced to have kpj, silas and lack of vets as his starting point is as knee jerk of a reaction as u can get.

It's also note that most folks hating on green aren't even about bb reasons. Some folks are pining for mobley, some are kpj stans, some hate him bc of his painted nails and his lack of being alpha.

13. Old School74

Old School74 Member
    Supporting Member

As a Turkish Rockets fan and Sengun enthusiast, I will not sh** on Jalen or anyone else in the TEAM, unless Alpie's trajectory is 120/50/30...and he can defend opposing teams all by himself.

However, Sengun was put in this demoralizing, seems like impossible situation more than 2 years by this fan base, by this organization, and I dare to say by Silas, the man who we should ever name again. Sengun responded by putting his head down and work. Jabari was in this situation earlier. He responded so far. I wanna see how Jalen will respond.

These are growing pains for him and if he responds the right way, he will be great. I have hope at this point!

Hemingway likes this.
  14. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

How many nets picks would it take to get Mikal Bridges of we game them Jalen Green and Jock Landale?

15. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

How many nets picks would it take to get Mikal Bridges if we gave them Jalen Green and Jock Landale?
    Wtb edit button.

16. csc177

csc177 Member

No he’s being asked to play real basketball now not the AAU, RICO Hines, G league Ignite ball he’s played all his life. Ship his ass out like yesterday. Saw this outcome three years ago when he was drafted.

Downtown Sniper and NewAge like this.
  17. maj21

maj21 Member

Extend him for a low price! That’s the best option, which also increases his trade value

18. maj21

maj21 Member

These and the previous 2 seasons, yes

19. Hemingway

Hemingway Member
    Supporting Member

Great post.

20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

So the idea is to surround Sengun with 3&D players yes? GREAT IDEA!! Wish someone would have thought of that sooner!