1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

IT'S OFFICIAL: Rockets vs. Lakers Round 1

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fa7999, Apr 15, 2004.

1. fa7999

fa7999 Member

We will get no calls against the Lakers. And Kobe is gonna average 40 ppg on us.:mad:

You get a Yao-Shaq VII to X and Rockets out in 4 games.

2. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Member

damn its another rockets are playing Lakers thread ;)

GO ROX

3. TraJ

TraJ Member

So it begins.

4. ttboy

ttboy Member

I don't share your optimism. I would much rather have faced the Queens. They don't have anybody who's a bruising dominating force like Shaq, or a cold-blooded assassin who hits near-impossible clutch shots over and over like Kobe. I fear that an exhausted Yao who's basically running on fumes at this point will get steamrolled by Shaq, and even if we manage to keep the game close to the final minutes, Kobe will be there to rip our hearts out at the end. We'll be lucky to take one game in the series.

5. qpx

qpx Member

That's my dream match up since I'm living in LA.
    I love both teams, while this time I would like to have Rox win.
    KB is great like Jordan. Man, what a play tonight for him, Lakers and Rox. :D :D

6. Visagial

Visagial Member

I can't believe some of you want us to face the Lakers. Yao will be absolutely annihilated by Shaq. How on earth will Yao play Shaq for 4 games in a row? No way it's going to happen.

Plus, Shaq will foul and foul and foul Yao and of course we won't get any calls. It's going to be clearly the most frustrating series ever for us.

I'm not even going to talk about Kobe I'm so worried about Yao's health and confidence.

This has disaster written all over it.

7. hooroo

hooroo Member

The Queens are a tougher oppo for the Rox than Lakers. Also Malone could be out! We know how much they've struggled without him. Against the Queens the Rox had no chance of getting past the first round but now anything is possible :eek:

8. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

When was the last time that a seventh seed came back to win a championship?

:)

9. Yao Wink

Yao Wink Member

This is the best way to get playoff experience, by playing the former champs. I hope we can prevent Kobe from shooting the last shot in a close game, though.

10. RocksMillenium

Please, Kobe didn't average 40 against the Rockets the last few years they have played. My god, Kobe has TWO good games and suddenly he's an unstoppable monster. He had a big game tonight and they barely beat Portland. And the Lakers defense has been brutally bad. People talk about how the Rocks struggled defensively, the Lakers have been horrendous!

11. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Member

Is that really you ZRB?

12. Dave2000

Dave2000 Member

OMG, the NBA is fixed, but cant wait till Saturday, this is going to be brutal and agree, we match up better with Minn and LA rather than LA and Sac.

13. Man

Man Member

I would rather face the Lakers than the Kings!!!!!! We have a slightly better chance against the Lakers than the Kings..we have beaten the Lakers before..and they don't have Malone or George or Grant right now...and Rick Fox sucks now lol. Kings...we still have not beat them yet..

GO ROCKETS!

14. CCB

CCB Member

I honestly don't think there will be a 7 game Yao vs Shaq. It's Yao's first playoff, so Shaq is still a high high moutain to climb for him. Besides, Kobe's unbelievalbe performance is unstoppable.

15. user

user Member

Yao will be worn out before game 3. He matchs Shaq ok with some help but it is too exhausting for him to play Shaq game after game.

16. Man

Man Member

I AGREE. GO ROCKETS!!! This is great....I love the Houston Rockets!

17. RocksMillenium

Bring on the Lakers baby, I don't care about this theory they won't get any fouls. The Rockets come to play against the Lakers. Screw Kobe and Shaq, Kobe having two good games don't change anything. Also, when is Kobe's court dates? That'll definitely be on his mind, don't know if it'll cost him a game or not in the Rockets series.

18. ROCS4LIFE

ROCS4LIFE Member

I cannot believe this..... The freaking Lakers versus the Rockets ! I might have a heart attack just watching the first game of the playoffs watching this two teams. GO, ROCKETS !

19. gucci888

gucci888 Member

Pick-N-Roll, JVG better teach these guys how to run it and they need to run it well.

The Lakers can't defend the Pick-N-Roll, period. If Steve/Yao/Cat can learn how to run the Pick-N-Roll efficiently, we have a chance.

Believe 2004, we made history for being 6th seed Champs, I think we can do one better.

20. ttboy

ttboy Member

Kobe has two good games and "suddenly" he's an unstoppable monster? My God. Have you watched the NBA much the past, oh, 5 seasons or so? If you currently had to pick ONE man in the entire world to take a potential game-winning shot, is there even an argument who that would be?