1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It wasn't just the turnovers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by buzz1701, May 9, 2009.

1. buzz1701

buzz1701 Contributing Member

I was screaming at the TV about all those turnovers last night and they were costly, but Yao had at least 3 shots in the 2nd half from right underneath the bucket. The one that Kobe blocked was BS. Yao has to go up with 2 hands and actually jump, then all Kobe can do is foul him. (For all you Yao lovers...it's plays like that why people call him soft...that was soft). Plus Scola and Lowry had point blank shots from underneath too. Look, I know you can't make every shot, but when you are at the rim in the playoffs, you gotta put them down. If Kobe can make a 33 footer at the buzzer on an planned play with Artest in his face - then the Rox have to make open shots at the rim. Those 5 shots could have been 10 points! It's the playoffs - step it up!

2. limedeal

limedeal Member

Maybe his hurt ankle had something to do with his passiveness..

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

This is nothing new for the Rockets. They are a poor finishing team. Near the bottom of the league on FG% in the paint.

We all knew the Lakers are a bad matchup for the Rockets, and that's starting to show through now.

4. buzz1701

buzz1701 Contributing Member

Maybe...on maybe he pee's sitting down

5. soulsong999

soulsong999 Member

Are you really the same guy who started the
    have some faith...remember '81 & '86 thread and the one who "was older than anyone else"?

Pee's sitting down - what kind of comment is that?

6. limedeal

limedeal Member

I think if he pees sitting down it's because his height doesn't allow him to stand up and fit in a restroom.

7. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Carl Landry is probably our most efficient big man against LA. Scola is blocked too easily, often blows layups and Yao gets blocked by Kobe. Landry finishes strong. it's not suprising he scored 16 points in the 2nd quarter in game 2.

8. soulsong999

soulsong999 Member

The Lakers are a bad matchup for most teams, regular season or playoffs.

With the Rockets' poor finishing and being near the bottom of the league on FG% in the paint, we are still one of 8 teams remaining in the playoffs still have a chance to advance - it is too premature for a "I told you so" moment. Be realistic as you may, I just feel that it does not harm to support your team positively.

9. s3ts

s3ts Member

right. but in game 1, landry struggled.

i vote for scola in efficient finishers in the low to mid-range on the rockets.

as a matter of fact, yao is a good finisher when he is healthy and fired-up.

we need our spirits to be somehow rejuvenated, or we're not going to last.