1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Isn't it always 80's night at Rockets games???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sweetbobl, Feb 25, 2012.

1. sweetbobl

sweetbobl Member

I noticed it's 80's night for the Rockets this week. I feel like it's always 80's night. I've gone to a couple games this season & all they play is 80's music. I grew up in that generation & love some of the music but it's been nearly a quarter century. I can't imagine the young Rockets fan gets into that. A little variety would be nice... but that leads me into my next issue.

Does it bother anybody else that the music is non-stop? Most people go to games with friends & like to socialize. You want to talk basketball & what's going on with the game or the Rockets or maybe you just want to catch up on other news with an old friend. Who enjoys screaming over the music for the entire game? I lose my voice by halftime. You don't mind noise when it's genuine crowd noise over great basketball but screaming over piped in music isn't enjoyable.

One more minor issue... Why isn't there updates on what's going on around the NBA? There should be more on the big scoreboard with highlights during timeouts. I find it amazing that you spend all this money on the massive scoreboard hanging at center court & there isn't really much basketball you ever see up there. Even if you can't get video updates from the scoreboard, you'd love to use your cell phone... but of course you can't get good cell service in sports arenas so, either that has to be corrected or they need to come up with a possible wifi solution.

How do you guys feel?

2. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

I've been to 4 games this year and most of the songs are either Kanye, LMFAO, or modern remixes of older songs. I have no clue what "80s music" you're referring to.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Arenas cater to their audience. Went to both MSG and Prudential Center this season, MSG music is younger and "blacker", NJ Nets play Guido music.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

And Utah doesn't play any music at all...it's too corruptive.

5. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I hate utah...just thought I'd mention that again.

1 person likes this.
  6. conquistador#11

Relax! 80s music doesn't change. it's awesome forever.

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

It's an NBA wide thing. They always play music on offense and defense possessions.

I do like the MSG Organ though.

I like to go to the game to go watch the game, i'll go ahead and socialize before the game, halftime and afterwards. I'll even stay until the end of the game win or lose!.

8. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I've been to hundreds of games and the music's never made it difficult to have a conversation. Toyota Center also seems to play a ton of rap and pop music.

9. Joe Gent

Joe Gent Member

I posted just to say i hate UTAH as well. K, THX, GB.

10. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

can someone pm me the link to the 80s video music thread?

11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

OP, perhaps you need to get your ears checked. I been to a lot of games and never has the music affected me so much that I couldn't even comment on the game to whomever I was sitting next to.

12. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

lol You never been to a NBA game before? There's always music and no way it's that loud. Nothing like trying to talk in a club.