1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is this team worth our time and money?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kubli9, Oct 18, 2021.

?

Is this team worth our time and money?

1. Yes

104 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. No

78 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. Damion Laverne

11 straight home losses. Oof.

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

I went to the Blazers and Warriors games and actually had a good time

i3artow i3aller, Dobbizzle and Roomba like this.
  3. glynch

glynch Member

People are getting what they wanted. For years there was daily postings wanting to trade Harden for youngsters and picks.

Invisible Fan and Stephen_A like this.
  4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

NBA League Pass India for $20/year is a fair price to pay to watch this trainwreck. I don't watch live. I just download the games after they're over and have them on while doing work the next day.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  5. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

If you proclaim you’re a fan then why wouldn’t you care about this team regardless of how they are playing? Why wouldn’t you enjoy all of it…the good and the bad? But I suppose there’s different levels of fandom. But why even ask the question in the first place? If you don’t want to spend money and time then don’t. Pretty simple.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  6. Rockets34Legend

It isn't worth **** right now, but it's an investment that will profit in the future.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  7. Salvy

Salvy Member

Its amazing how some people in this forum continue to try and convince Rockets fans that the only joy we could ever have in watching basketball is James Harden... "Is this what you wanted? Ya'll wanted Harden gone look at how $hit the team is now".....

Nah, I don't miss no fing Harden... Harden chose to leave and The Rockets started a process every single team goes through eventually at some point in time. Things can change quickly, things can also take longer than expected. We have no idea what could happen in a short amount of time. Yeah its worth my time, I like watching basketball especially my fav team. Players will come and go, every now n then we are lucky to have a great player wear the jersey of our fav team and lead them to a chip while also possibly retiring for that team. Those are rare, the players we root for today have a high chance of not being here tomorrow. The Rockets on the other hand never changes, just the players that wear those jersey's every year.

I'm enjoying the rebuild, I'm not frustrated because I understand what is happening. I don't expect any wins, I don't expect J Green to be a superstar this year. I don't expect a playoff spot or to even be decent. Because we are in year 1 of a rebuild, I'm excited to see who we draft this year. Who we get for Wood and Gordon....

Anyone who enjoys $hitting on The Rockets is not a real Rockets fan, those are band wagon fans that will praise the team when they are good and be toxic when the team is bad even thou they know the current situation is temporary and necessary.

RustyHarden, DaDakota and Dobbizzle like this.
  8. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I think this year’s team is definitely worth the money to watch. Will the game be a stinker? Possibly. But it might also be a super exciting, fast-paced game where we get to see the young guys create a bunch of memorable highlights. As someone who lives overseas, I would absolutely love to be able to fly back home to watch our squad play, growth pains and all.

The most important thing is to have fun at the games, and despite the losses I do think this team is at least fun to watch when the games are competitive.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  9. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Member

Condensed "All Possessions Highlights" on league pass is a blessing. I dont mind the cost right now. Its the time put into it.

I cant quite place where I dont like this product. Strings of blowout losses to awful teams. Multiple extended runs by other team where Rockets just do absolutely nothing. Apathy by Wood, attitude by KPJ spreading to others. I'll admit seeing a true point guard like Wall steering the ship is better form of tank commander than watching a volatile non-PG "figure it out" on the job. Something's fundamentally broken. Coaching included. I'm on the pro-tank squad too. But still dont like this form of it.

Even on a winning team, I dont like half-hearted play. (Harden Rockets was one of the few winners where people hated watching for perceived "going through motions" with gimmick system). But its always much worse when its losing.

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Love this post.

Salvy likes this.
  12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

Wish the ownership was better and the team played harder fundamentals (defense, rotations, free throws).

Sometimes you can't abandon a team.

It's way easier to abandon the entire crooked bullshit league.

DaDakota and saleem like this.
  13. kubli9

kubli9 Member
    Supporting Member

I'll sh*t on this ownership all day long and like it.

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  14. Salvy

Salvy Member

But why?

15. kubli9

kubli9 Member
    Supporting Member

We went from a dominant team competing for championships to the joke of the league in a matter of a few years. Do you need a better reason?

16. Salvy

Salvy Member

The key part "competing for championships", never won one with Harden.... Harden just doesn't have it in him to lead a team to one... He then decided to leave and The Rockets started to rebuild, like any team in the league or ownership. There is absolutely nothing going on in Houston that has not happened to any team. When Kobe retired The Lakers were awful, when MJ retired The Bulls were awful, when Harden ran off like a coward The Rockets are awful. You can blame ownership all day everyday but its pretty pointless considering nothing outside of normal is happening.

17. kubli9

kubli9 Member
    Supporting Member

I get it, you'd rather study draft prospects and "watch them grow." I like watching competitive basketball, different strokes for different folks. I will continue to express my disappointment as I see fit.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

The rockets have the worst ownership in the league. it's supposed to be shitted on.

The very reason the rockets are rebuilding is because of having the worst ownership that derailed this franchise in a span of less than 3 years. let that sink in

The progress to this rebuild didn't naturally happen. It was forced. it's the very consequence of the constant dumbest decisions made by the worst owner in the league since he got here in October 2017

kubli9 likes this.
  19. Salvy

Salvy Member

You can, your disappointment is aimed at the wrong person thou... Jus saying....

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

local market ratings