1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is RG3 becoming the "Babe Ruth" of the NFL?

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by SkyrimOwnsAll, Dec 24, 2012.

1. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

Before you laugh from reading the title, lets take a look at his numbers

No QB in the history of the NFL has been in the Top 10 in rushing, while also posting a QBR over 100. Never mind his great completion%, being 1st in YPC, and leading the NFL in TD/INT ratio %

Is it fair to say, that the NFL has never seen a QB like RG3 before, he is not Vick, or Aaron Rodgers... but maybe a mix of both. His accuracy is something that can NOT be seen as a fluke. And the scary part is i dont expect RG3 to run as much as he did his rookie season going forward, that injury he sustained againist the Ravens and missing the Browns game.. might have been the best thing to happen to his career going forward. Young players in the NFL feel invincible, but when he saw that he had to miss a full game, i think he will make a concious effort to not expose himself any longer, and with how good a pocket passer he is... he really doesnt need too

2. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

edit... for thread

didnt mean to say Top 10 in rushing, meant to put lead all QB's in rushing

3. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I think you mean passer rating. QBR is something different and maxes out at 100.

Michael Vick led all QBs in rushing and had a passer rating over 100 just 2 years ago.

Steve Young did in in 1991, 1992, 1993, and 1994. Leading the league in Passer rating each year.

And how does this make him like Babe Ruth again?

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Y so rayciss

5. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

my fault then.

the the mods can go ahead and delete this thread

6. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

If he annually puts up numbers, like over 4,000 yards passing; 30 TDs; at least 63% cmp; 800-1000+ rushing yards; 10+ rushing touchdowns; and plays over 20 yards.

7. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

If Cam Newton ever grows up and matures, i think he has the talent to approach those numbers

8. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

Sea @ Wash 1st rd would be a great game.

9. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Didn't they say Ruth had some black in him or something to that nature?

10. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Good lord, if you google it, it will autofill it for you. I put "was babe r.. and it already had "was babe ruth black?" as it's top choice.