1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Othella or Anderson in our future?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketman2000, Aug 21, 2000.

1. Rocketman2000

Rocketman2000 Contributing Member

According to nbatalk the Grizz are willing to move the following players. I think we could possibly use one or two of them if Mo doesn't sign.

Grizz out of green, but can always trade - According to the Vancouver Sun: Yesterday's signing of Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf brings the number of players Vancouver under contract to 16. It also figures to be the last free agent signing of the summer since the team has used up all its salary cap exception money ($2.25 million). They inked forward Tony Massenburg and guard Damon Jones before landing Abdul-Rauf. But that doesn't mean all is said and done. Team president Dick Versace is known to be entertaining offers for disgruntled power forwards Othella Harrington and Grant Long. He'd also like to unload forward Dennis Scott, swingman Doug West and point guard Brent Price. 'What we're trying to do is exercise some patience, which is not my strong suit,' said Versace. 'We are trying to be patient in respect to some of the interest in some of the players we have, to try and wait for the best situation.'

------------------
    Life is but a dream

2. verse

verse Contributing Member

woohoo!!!!

my alltime favorite college bball player is back in the nba!!

league pass, round II, coming up!

mahmoud 2000-2001!

------------------
    miles ahead of the rest

3. Grizzled

Grizzled Member

Hey, why don't you come over to Grizzball (http://www.grizzball.com/ubbcgi/Ultimate.cgi ) and tell us what you know about our new backup PG. Grizzball just opened up a new BBS, modelled on CC.net. It just opened Sunday but the guys who operate it are hoping it will evolve like CC did. So come on over and help us make GB the bastion of wit and wisdom for all things relating to basketball that CC is. (Just leave that Francis trash talk at home.) [​IMG]

------------------

4. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Grizzball? Sounds like the sort of thing my cat would cough up.

j/k!

------------------

5. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

LOL good one S.C.

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Good grief, I thought the name was a joke, but it does exist. LOL!! [​IMG]

Oh well... go Grizz! [​IMG]

------------------
    Just shut up and post

7. Grizzled

Grizzled Member

Hey, what's wrong with Grizzball? Grizzlies Basketball -> Grizzball. It's pretty simple really. Clutchcity, otoh isn't quite as obvious. Don't get me wrong. I love your site, but Clutchcity sounds more like an autoparts store.

"He buddy, how much for a muffler!"

------------------

8. haven

haven Member

What sort of self-respecting poster would visit a site reminiscent of "hairball?"

Clutchcity on the other hand, is ideosyncratic to Houston. No other city has that nickname.

In all honest, j/k, and good luck with your site and team Grizzled.

------------------
    The lottery sucks. Playoffs 2001.

[This message has been edited by haven (edited August 21, 2000).]