1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is LeBron James mentally weak?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by LBJ-Tmac, May 6, 2010.

1. bkg

bkg Member

right. how could a player who posts big numbers possibly be mentally weak?
    just ask vince and tmac, and up till a few seasons, nowitzky.

saying he has several bad highlight reels over the course of his career, does not mean he has only a few good games a year. you post video of ONE game, claim that he always rises to the occasion, and i say over the course of his career, he has cratered more times. and as far as a winning record against the west, last time i checked, the east only plays 2 games a year against each western conference team. that stat aint something to hang your hat on. last time i checked the mobely/francis era ALWAYS had a winning percentage against the east, doesn't mean a thing. put him in the west and i don't think his numbers are as gaudy.

tell you what, let's continue this discussion after the celtics knock him out of the playoffs, and he starts whining about his elbow.

2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

post them.

cool story. last time i checked the east and west have alternated championships for the past 6 years.....just sayin.

btw when jordan and kobe win championships? the answer...when they actually had a team around them.

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

he has a bad elbow and he is still having by far his best ts% in his playoff career.

4. bkg

bkg Member

funny thing is, people only post lebron highlight reels, so when i have all day to surf the internet and post all the video that highlight other teams against the cavs, i will get right on it. cause it really means that much to me.

and by the time kobe and mike had championships, they already had a boatload of video where they displayed pure force of will. and give me a break, the cav teams have NOT been nearly as bad as mike's early teams, i love how LBJs inferior teams have still been pretty decent... maybe no superstar duo or trio, but not as bad as Iversons 2000-01 team.

but, hey, like i said, let's meet back here and discuss lebrons greatness when he gets knocked out of the playoffs by the celtics. and as far as his "bad" elbow, it's a shame he has to play against all those super healthy opponents who have been resting all year.

5. Shaud

Shaud Member

So tell me where did Mike's bad early teams go?

Definitely not past the 1st round because he never even made it out the first round until Pippen got there.

6. professorjay

professorjay Member

You don't watch many (any?) Cavs games either.

BTW, anyone find it hilarious how angry the detractors sound? I mean some people have valid criticisms and are trying to have a discussion which is great.

But some are obvious 14 yr old kids that get enraged for some irrational reason and go on and on and on.

7. bkg

bkg Member

well, since i have to suffer with the knicks and nets, i watch more cavs games than i care to admit. i dread him coming to NY where the spotlight will wilt him like a hothouse flower. and then we waste 5 more years hitched to a loser.

and mikes early years with the bulls was spent playing the celtics and pistons powerhouse teams, and LBJ has had nowhere near that level of competition. and even then, i don't think anyone would question his mental toughness.

funny about your observation about the arguments, cause i was thinking the same thing about LBJ supporters.

8. professorjay

professorjay Member

Results from this season:

Cavs vs Lakers
    2-0
    avg 31 pts/4 rb/9 ast

vs Boston
    2-2
    36/6/8

vs SA
    0-1
    27/5/10

vs Orlando
    2-2
    33/8/7

Someone can double check as I did this quickly at Yahoo. These were arguably the 4 other favorites (ok, maybe not SA, that's debatable but I arbitrarily picked them for more stats).

You can argue Lebron didn't face the competition MJ did. But Lebron is still doing it better than anyone else today. So what's the complaint? Go back in time? He's not better than the greatest player of all time so he sucks? I'm just flabbergasted.

The arguments keep changing because people just want to find something to complain about and are constantly proven wrong.

9. Arun Sharma

Arun Sharma Member

Thing is when a great player wins championships... no body questions them

When a great player does not... then they are mentally weak, soft and all that crap (even if their teammates and coaches are the real reason for losing)!

BTW, this mentally weak guy right now has made 16 points in first quarter in game 3...

10. gambingo

gambingo Member

make that 21pts in the 1st qtr

11. ts2mars

ts2mars Member

hey op are you watching this game? if you are, do you feel your pride evaporating with every bucket lebron makes?

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

Are the people who started this thread mentally r****ded?

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Member
    Supporting Member

Tracy is soft, Lebron is farrrrrrr from it...

14. T-mac&Yao=RING

No I think their mentally dumb.

15. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Member

Lebron must have read this THREAD!

16. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

He's all body, no talent.

17. thatboyz

thatboyz Member

to answer your question, no. but don't worry, i too had some doubts before tonight. i'm ashamed for doubting lebron.

18. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Haters gonna hate.

1 person likes this.
  19. Arun Sharma

Arun Sharma Member

Artest has a body too. May be that is why he averages 30 points, 9 rebounds and 8 assits... After all, having body is enough to do all that.

20. Icehouse

Icehouse Member

What series did Kobe win when he was the underdog? I can't think of one.