1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is LeBron James mentally weak?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by LBJ-Tmac, May 6, 2010.

1. professorjay

professorjay Member

Lebron has never lead his team to a comeback. He never carries his team. He never steps up in the clutch. He has ever played well against good teams.

Incredible.

2. professorjay

professorjay Member

Those 2 weeks in 2007 overshadow everything else he's done in his career.

Ok.

3. durvasa

durvasa Member

This is one of the dumber threads I've come across in the NBA Dish.

4. Steve_Francis_rules

Was he mentally weak and unimpressive when he had 12 fourth quarter points and brought his team back from behind just a few days earlier in Game 1?

5. jonjon

jonjon Member

It's laughable...

6. Steve_Francis_rules

Actually, it was clearly bothering him in Game 1 as well. He started that game out by not taking jumpers and by shooting with his left hand on a lot of his drives. He said in an interview afterwards that it loosened up as the game went on. Is it really so unimaginable that his elbow could loosen up during Game 1, but not during Game 2 (when he's already played a full game with a bad elbow)?

7. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Both Kobe and Mike were still maturing (in fact, I still think Kobe is an immature player) but they were both assassins even from the beginning. You flat out cannot make Kobe or Jordan stop attacking, stop going to rim or stop believing they were going to cut your heart out in the clutch. With Lebron, I just don't see those qualities.

8. RockyChamp

RockyChamp Member

Wow come on guys, I don't think he's mentally weak but that doesn't mean he's the strongest out there mentally either. He's just not as confident with the pressure on as Wade or Kobe in closing games out but that says A LOT

Dude came out of high school and ESPN was showing his high school games to the world, he was hyped up SO MUCH. Imagine all that pressure on a 17 year old kid? I know he's gifted athletically and all but he met the hype and has gone beyond it. He put Akron on the map and he's bringing some kind of excitement to the Cleveland sports scene that hasn't been there for years. Now naming him "King" and ish yea thats a going a little overboard but the answer to him being mentally weak is a clear no.

9. tingYAO

tingYAO Member

Ignorantly fickle fanboys... That's all you see around here.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I think the author is pulling people's legs and is actually trying to stand up for Tmac and make a parallel argument about mental toughness vs. injury.

DD

11. Shaud

Shaud Member

Word

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HZfoCUCa6CU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HZfoCUCa6CU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Who is this guy? Judging by some of the stuff said in this thread this can't be LeBron James.

12. Shaud

Shaud Member

I didn't realize it was 4 parts

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z-aAPlOUNEc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z-aAPlOUNEc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HZfoCUCa6CU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HZfoCUCa6CU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lk6LckHKQ24&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lk6LckHKQ24&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/C9WrraPnuR0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C9WrraPnuR0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

13. goodbug

goodbug Member

I am impressed injury was not an issue when they won game 1 and now all of sudden it's the biggest deal.

14. bkg

bkg Member

wow, all in one game, huh? and against the powerhouse pistons? post all the video you want, and i can find 10x's the video where he was mentally weak and takes hisself out of games. i can post 2 videos where he did it against the rockets.
    all you LBJ fans need to turn off espn and actually watch some cavaliers games...

better yet, watch the caveliers games where he isn't playing against the garbage filled east. as stated before, and mark my words, he will NEVER be a jordan or even a kobe. and i will be surprised if he ever wins a championship.

wanna see tough? look at wade. wanna see tough? look at duncan. i can name a BUNCH, and they ALL are champions. they all have had SEVERAL series where they stepped up and led their team. not a few games here and there. the 07 series against the pistons was nice, but not really impressive at all for the supposed man who would be king.

not a dumb thread at all. i am pretty sure the people who say that it is probably haven't watched alot of cavalier basketball. watching hour after hour of espn is bound to think your judgement.

15. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

^^^^
    Was about to say that the Rockets defenders have made him quit or at least made him look like they broke his spirit a few times. Shane Battier has appeared to take his confidence on a few occasions.

16. Shaud

Shaud Member

Yeah you mean the Same Cavs that have a winning record against the West. Yeah that Cavs team.

Go ahead and post all those videos that makes him mentally weak though.

17. Steve_Francis_rules

The injury was only a non-issue in Game 1 because they came back and won the game. If they had lost it would have been an issue because it was a big reason why he was not very aggressive early on.

18. Steve_Francis_rules

I don't know why I'm even bothering responding to such a stupid post, but here goes.

You're really willing to say that for every video I post of Lebron dominating a game, you can find 10 where he was "mentally weak" and "took himself out of the game"? So you think Lebron plays well in no more than one out of every 11 games? A guy who averaged 30 points and nine assists per game for an entire season?

19. sammy

sammy Member

The guy carried his team to the Finals already last time I checked.

This Cavs team deep is very deep so no excuses for LBJ this time around.

20. t_mac1

t_mac1 Member

lebron is BY FAR the best player in the game right now. this should end all the argument.

lebron has a C game (24, 7, 4 is a C game to him btw, that is usually a B or B+ game for kobe bryant nowadays) and his team loses badly.