1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is it fair Miami gets to breeze to the Finals?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Andrew Wiggins, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Andrew Wiggins

In the west you have 3 teams who lost hca. The spurs, thunder, and rockets along with the clippers who are in a dog fight with the warriors. The spurs had the best record in the league and they couldn't even protect hca. They would have been better off against any eastern playoff team outside of Miami in the first round. Miami is currently up 3-0 against the cats, they will have no problem with the Nets or the Pacers.

Is it fair that the Heat get a warm up against the nets and the pacers while the wc teams have to work in every single round? The heat don't deserve to be crowned for beating a beat up spurs team.

I type this as the grizz take the lead with less than 4 minutes in the game against the thunder with a chance to go up 3-1. I am talking about the second best team in the league possibly going down 3-1 in the first round.

2. MikeMania

MikeMania Member

I think a Nets series will go at least 6 games. At first, I thought this was stupid, but given more thought you do have a point. They should take a week off before finals like the NFL.

3. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

last year san antonio had a week off from a sweep while miami went to 7...

4. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Was it fair when the Lakers did it all throughout the 80's?

1 person likes this.
  5. Andrew Wiggins

And that series barely came down to a free throw. Miami still has the best player. No one is denying that and he took over the series.

6. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

7. Juxtaposed Jolt

Why is it that the Eastern teams have such a disparity? It's been that way for a couple of years now, where even the 9th seeded WC team would be a 4 seed or higher, in the East.

I think it's more unfair that teams that overachieved like Phoenix can't sniff the playoffs, while the Hawks and Bobcats have a chance (though slim) to win the championship.

8. Andrew Wiggins

Thanks for that gif. No one is crying for the spurs. Just saying miami gets warm up games while wc contenders are in dog fights.

Why is it taboo to have an opinion on clutchfans?

9. Juxtaposed Jolt

I wonder if Miami would even get to the WCF, much less the Finals, if they were playing in the west.

10. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

lol cmon son

11. Mr. Space City

how about we let the playoffs play out first at least.

where was this complaining when the heat had to go through tough defensive series with the celtics and pacers a couple tears ago without bosh?

12. Andrew Wiggins

All three okc games went to ot.

It's a good question. We know the playoffs are about match ups. These are the most talented teams and players in the league. Ask the sonics, mavs, rockets, and the spurs about bad match ups.

13. Andrew Wiggins

I forget how many heat fans we have here.

14. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Can someone explain to me how home court advantage works and why the first team to win gets it?

15. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Miami was 'only' 11-5 against the Western conference playoff teams this season.

16. Andrew Wiggins

Wow, they had to go through one tough team to make it to the nba finals. Queue small violin.

This year their tough team is the pacers. That is where it is coming from.

17. Andrew Wiggins

Small sample size.

18. Juxtaposed Jolt

A team with HCA gets to play 4 out of the 7 game series, on their home floor.

As to your second question: first team to win...what? The HCA is decided by the regular season records / tiebreakers of the respective teams.

19. Mr. Space City

they went through 2 tough teams that year without bosh most of those series.

20. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Whatever. I really don't care enough to continue here. This thread is pointless unless Miami gets there in 5 games or less every series, which I don't think will happen anyways, regardless of who they play.