1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is everyone ready for this?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Roc Paint, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Member

What if I told everyone that this is the year that the Rockets get back to...back to...back... to the promise land?

1) The Rockets have the best player in the NBA. (James Harden is Clutch)
    2) The front court of the Rockets will be something to behold.
    3) The bench is much improved over last year. (Really) :p
    4) This is the moment in time where we are celebrating out 20th anniversary, and we have started something special this year on Clutchfans. (Clutch Community)

This will be the year that the stars will have re-aligned for our Rockets to have another fantastic voyage.

"Mission Controlled"

Go Houston!

1 person likes this.
  2. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

I believe!!! We must have the highest and best expectations!!! Don't listen to all these mentally weak, ungrateful fans!! We will win the championship!

3. RESINator

RESINator Member

Temper your expectations

4. txppratt

txppratt Member

READY BABY

5. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I bleed Rockets Red. When I was younger I would get depressed at a loss and not be able to go to sleep at night after a tough one. I am talking emotionally invested back then. I am still a fan, but have bigger things in my life. THAT SAID. Being realistic is not mentally weak. I have a few concerns. In my opinion they are legit concerns. Harden HAS to rest. He cant play 48 minutes. Where are we going to **** points when he is on the bench. This team seriously looks lost when Harden is getting a blow. Concern number two. Our big man free throw percentages are horrid. Yea Joey and Clint will probably be glued to the bench. But, Dwight and Josh can easily miss a pair. There will be hack-a coming. That coupled with the fact we just don't seem to put teams away when we build a lead could be a recipe for disaster.

NOW.. Reasons why I am optimistic. ALL FOUR of our big men should be ready for the playoffs. We have never had Jones, D12, Josh and DMO all suited up. That will be sweet. Terry CAN and HAS knocked down some big 3's. He has that mentallity. I really believe Prigioni will find his shot. he hits a few threes then we are golden.

X-Factor: Will Ariza show up or go through a 3pt dry spell? Will DMO play at the same level as he has this year? Will Brewer find a groove from the 3? Will Josh jack up some stupid shots?

Just seems like we have a lot of variables. If Prigs, Jet, Ariza all hit 3's at a good clip and D12 rebounds and plays D like a monster, If Harden continues his MVP play, If Harden gets some calls and routinely gets double figure free throws attempts. We are going to be tough to beat.

Thats my brain dump.

1 person likes this.
  6. photojoe

photojoe Member

Is "the promise land" the second round?

Look- I love this Rockets team. I really do. I think they have a legitimate shot to do serious damage in the playoffs. I think they have a shot to make it to the WCF. Forget that, I think they have a shot to make it all the way through the Western Conference and make it to the actual Finals.

The problem is, so does every other team in the Western Conference playoffs this year. We could end up anywhere from the #2 seed to the #6 seed!

It will be a seriously loaded bracket. I can't wait to watch the way it unfolds and watch the Rockets make believers out of all of the media that still doubts us, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Let's take it one series at a time. Or, better yet, one game at a time.

7. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

We can beat anybody in a 7 game series

8. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

We will hold you accountable for your statements. I know you're protecting your heart but for the ones that doubt us. FOR THE ROCKETS FANS THAT DON'T BELIEVE. You will be accountable for your actions.

If the Rockets make it to conference finals. For those that stated their doubts. You will be held accountable.

If the Rockets make it to the finals. For those that said it won't happen. You will be held accountable.

If the Rockets walk out with the Larry O'Brien trophy. For those that laughed and rolled their eyes. YOU WILL be held accountable.

And the Rockets victory will bring you less joy. You will not be able to say you ever believed. You will not be able to say you were ever a true Rockets fan.

If the Houston Rockets win it all. You will never be able to relate with the ones that believed from the beginning.

You will not be one of us.
    Clutchfans.

9. radiohunk

radiohunk Member

The problem is that 6 teams can realistically say that in the West.

10. photojoe

photojoe Member

Lol. I'm sorry. But this made me laugh. I'm glad that you like to talk about being a better fan than me. Congratulations.

You must have missed it when I said this- "I love this Rockets team. I really do. I think they have a legitimate shot to do serious damage in the playoffs. I think they have a shot to make it to the WCF. Forget that, I think they have a shot to make it all the way through the Western Conference and make it to the actual Finals"

Or maybe you missed it when I said this- "I can't wait to watch the way it unfolds and watch the Rockets make believers out of all of the media that still doubts us".

I love the Rockets. But the playoffs haven't even started yet. The 96 Bulls went 15-3 in their playoff run. The 2001 Lakers went 15-1 in their playoff run. Those are probably the best playoff runs in NBA history.

There will be ups in this year's playoffs. There will be downs. There will be terribly officiated games and absolute blown calls. There will be times when Harden looks like he can't miss a shot no matter how crazy it looks and other times when it looks like he can't hit anything.

The NBA playoffs are extremely stressful. I feel like I almost have a heart attack during every single game.

But they are also so fun to watch.

There's no need to go out and make all these crazy predictions yet. Who cares? I don't care about 'being held accountable' to you. I'm just going to enjoy watching it. And, like I said earlier, I am going to enjoy watching the Rockets shut all the people up who are still doubting us.

11. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Member

Another brother, rockbox and heyPartner are shiitting themselves due to superstition right now. Great job OP, way to blow it lol

12. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Member

I've talked to Plowman about this very situation.

13. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Member

Oh Lord. LOL.

14. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Member

I want Vernon Maxwell level.

15. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

I wasnt saying I was a better fan or that you were a crappy fan. I was adding context

16. rocketsmetalspd

With you on this Roc Paint!! Still Rocking the Clutch Community T-Shirt down here in RGV! Need to be as confident as the Spurs fans down here. Go Rockets!!

1 person likes this.
  17. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

It wasn't directed specifically at you. It was directed at the people who say "Rockets will be out in the 1st" and then proclaim their Fandom when the good times are rolling.

18. Luke_The_Duke

Luke_The_Duke Member

One Game at a time Fellas. #Rockets #Pursuit

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

No kidding. :grin:

1 person likes this.
  20. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

What we seriously lack compared to our competition is a coach who runs plays. We rely on Harden so much that we are banking on him going off every game, but I am not so sure that is sustainable when you are playing elite teams over and over.