1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Bosh a franchise player?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, May 4, 2010.

?

Is Bosh a Franchise player?

Poll closed Jul 3, 2010.
  1. Yes

44.1%
  2. No

55.9%
  1. NMS is the Best

Put Chris Bosh together with Yao Ming and you get a franchise player. ;)

2. The Real Shady

He would come in and instantly be the best player on the Rockets. That's enough for me.

3. DieHard Rocket

He's not a franchise player in the sense that Lebron, Kobe, Wade, and Howard are ... but there aren't many of those around anyway.

He's a piece that gives us a tremendous chance at a championship, and that's all that matters. If Morey gets him he'll have done all he can do with the current squad- the rest is up to the players.

When I think of acquiring him I think of Webber with the Kings. Not the same type of player by a longshot, but Bosh would be the key piece of this offense like Webber was in Sac (and Sac never had the guy that could get the easy points at the FT line like Martin during their heyday...even though they had Martin on the bench toward the end lol). In my opinion those Kings were championship caliber, and just got robbed the one year they were on their way. We have the potential, with a healthy Yao, to be even better than those teams.

4. meh

meh Member

So Morey says yes. Random Raptors board poster says no. And you side with the Raptors fan?

5. larsv8

larsv8 Member

He is not capable of leading a team to the playoffs by himself.

We are not asking him to do so here, so I feel the question is irrelevant.

6. leebigez

leebigez Member

We're sharing a brain DD. I dont think he is. Much like yao and i know larsv8 doesnt believe it, but he's not an alpha. To me, regardless of whats going on, a franchise player should lead his team to the playoffs. This year, durant went from kevin martin at 6'10 to a guy leading his team past expectations. Carmello for all that is said about him has done that since coming into the league. He is a really good player, but much like yao and tracy, he doesnt have enough jerk in him to make teammates fear him.

1 person likes this.
  7. anelka3913

anelka3913 Member

So ur saying Yao isnt a franchise player either??? I would say Yao is a franchise player, even more of a franchise player than Rose....

8. leebigez

leebigez Member

i knew all the yao fan boys would come out. I'm sorry, but yao hasnt been a franchise player since he played for the sharks.

9. leebigez

leebigez Member

Yao has never been a franchise player. That was the rox mistake with he and tracy. 2 guys paid like it,but never performed like it when it mattered most.

10. TranMcGrady

TranMcGrady Member

Lets just get Bosh first. :grin:

11. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Member

I didn't say that I side with anybody. I said that I wasn't sure (which is why I didn't vote) but that I respect that poster and that his opinion worried me.

Separately, as much as I like Morey, I don't believe every word that comes out of his mouth. He thinks (or, at least, publicly says) that Yao is a franchise player and I've never felt 100% about that.

12. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Member

Lakers also have Kobe, Odom, Bynum, Artest

Rockets have answer for Bynum and Artest.

We still don't have a Kobe and maybe more importantly (in terms of mismatch) Odom. Lakers are good because of their player's versatility. We never did and probably never will have an answer for Odom.

13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

No, there are very few franchise players in the league, I would say around 10. My definition of a franchise player is someone a championship calibur team can be built around.

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i agree with lee and DD - bosh is not a victory snatcher

and i'll add further that he has no go-to moves. you can't be no franchise big man without go-to moves.

15. Yetti

Yetti Member

Agreed! Give him a chance, there is still time! :p

16. jedicro

jedicro Member

I'd rather have him than Duncan, Nowitzki, Garnett, Jefferson, or even...and hold onto your seat....Chuck Hayes.

He's the best PF in basketball today. Combine that with Yao, and a top 5 back court (really how many teams have a stronger back court?) along with what will still be a deep bench and yes, we're contenders.

17. hoplite

hoplite Member

I agree with this. But man, you've got to love yao's work effort to bad Inuries stopped him from possibly takinghis game to another lvl, we did see some glimpses.

18. meh

meh Member

But he's still just a message board poster. I'm sorry, but to me taking ANY fan's opinion on a player at much value is ridiculous. Especially when going up against NBA GMs.

Morey says that about Yao with the assumption of a healthy Yao. A healthy Yao is not a franchise player? That 10-game dropoff between last season and this season, despite upgrading our roster aside from Yao, seems to say otherwise.

As for Morey being sincere, why wouldn't he? Regardless of whether you believe him always being coy about player evaluation, it doesn't matter because Bosh is a Free Agent. How is Morey going to lie about Bosh's talent when he's the one willing to give Bosh the Max? This isn't about Morey speaking of some random Brian Cook type throw-in player after a trade. Morey's going to give a guy the biggest contract in Rockets history. There's no more apt place to use the saying "action speak louder than words" than here.

19. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

tough question. i'm not even sure if the answer changes anything though. 25-11 deserves the max whether or not you consider him a franchise player. there is also no question that he makes the rockets better... even championship contender better.

DD, your right that it's a perimeter oriented league now. well, bosh is a face up, perimeter oriented PF. he scores mostly off of mid range shots and using he speed and agility to dribble drive past slower post defenders.

he would be the face of the franchise because he would be the best player on the team... but would he be a franchise player? i don't know if there is a difference. he can be a go-to-guy on offense, that much he's proved. can he be a leader? that's unknown.

under JVG this would be an important question. however, under adelman there is more emphasis on team play... especially on offense. this tends to negate the need for a single dominant player.

20. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Martin's good enough. Honestly, with the way Kobe's fallen off these days, Martin+Brooks isn't significantly worse, if at all, than Kobe+Fisher.
    And Odom? Odom's pretty much their entire bench. Our bench utterly crushes the Lakers one, in the end.
    And I don't really get the point of the question, in the end. He's not Lebron or Wade, but getting Lebron or Wade is impossible. And given the Adelman offense, we don't desperately need Lebron or Wade to go one on five all the time. Who was the franchise player of the Kings, anyways?