1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Blue Lives Matter a Fraud?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Harden2Capela, Nov 11, 2015.

Tags:
  1. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

From the title of your thread, the impression is left that perhaps you do not believe that blue (police officers) lives should matter as much as everyone else's.

2. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Being a garbage man or construction worker is more dangerous than being a policeman. . . .

Cops kill themselves more than other people kill cops. . . .

Interesting and convincing video.

3. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Blue lives matter! Why all the hate towards blue people? :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  4. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

What's a better ratings-draw, the WAR ON COPS or the WAR ON CHRISTMAS?

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Less of a fraud than the "black lives matter" nonsense.

1 person likes this.
  6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

All lives matter.

Quit with the _____insert_color_here____ lives matter bullsh!t.

If you don't think so, or you think your agenda is more important to push, or you think your color matters more than pink, red, or purple, then I feel sad for your sorry life.

#7 Two Sandwiches, Nov 11, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  7. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

driving an 18 wheeler is more dangerous than being a cop

dont change the narrative, the title was, " Is Blue Lives Matter a Fraud"

8. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

we know all lives matter, but do black lives matter less than white lives to cops, who are cops really out on the streets to serve and protect

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qHprEmJd1HI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

do you think the white cop in the video above breaks a 13 year old boy's arm if he's white instead of black

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Black Lives Matter is an extension of critical race theory. And if you think Blue Lives Matter is similar, then I'd say yes

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Didn't watch the video. But, I'm sympathetic to cops. Black Lives Matter because black people were feeling (rightly) that mainstream America were shrugging off too easily the injustices they are beset with. We're too ready to give agents of the government the benefit of the doubt and too willing to rationalize black suffering as self-generated or otherwise deserved. So, I'm sympathetic to that movement. I'm also sympathetic to the cops who obviously feel personally called out, even as problems are much bigger than they are individually. They suffer from the same kind of stereotyping that black people do. And they get it at work all the time, I'm sure -- a presumption that because you're a cop you're out to trample people's rights, abuse your power, and perhaps frame some minorities for crimes they didn't commit. So, I'm sympathetic to them too, but I think they do themselves no favors piggybacking on Black Lives Matter, and making it a cops-against-blacks dynamic. Insofar as BLM touches on cops, there are legitimate concerns because there is real potential for corruption and abuse. I think police should instead be publicly embracing a trust-but-verify approach. Acknowledge that they are entrusted with great powers and responsibility, do everything they can to maximize transparency and supervision (body cams, independent review, and stop whining about people taking your picture), and show people you can be trusted instead of complaining that you're not. Cops are a smaller population and they're organized and have clear leadership. They aren't an amorphous blob like American blacks. They can approach this issue in a very deliberate, coherent, and thoughtful way.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The reason for the "blue lives matter" BS is as a response to the "black lives matter" BS. The rise of "black lives matter" was largely a protest against cops defending themselves in cases such as in Furguson. The BLM people are radically anti-cop and seem to think that a cops defending themselves is racism.....the "blue lives matter" group is trying to show that cops are people too and that they should have the right to defend themselves. There have also been groups tied to the BLM BS that have called for the murder of cops....sounds like there's more of a reason for a "blue lives matter" group than a "black lives matter" group to me.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

A Little white buy was killed by two Minority cops
    Where are the BLUE LIVES MATTER people now?

They only come out when cops kill black and Minority people and the community wants them held accountable.

Now that two cops has killed a white kid . . . they are mute and silent and ready to concede that the cops are too reckless in some cases. but mainly those cases involving white people. When it is minorities there is no such thing , in their minds, as excessive force.

It's not that Blue Lives don't matter. . . it is that it s hypocracy and thin veil to cover for the racism

Rocket River

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Do you have any numbers to back up your claim or is this just your feels talking again?

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

When I found out that Starbucks went with a plain green cup this CHRISTmas season, I WAS FURIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

16. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Do you really want to engage bobbythegreat on this topic again? He has repeated himself thousands of times now.

17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Since this is about police.

All live matter, except blue lives matter more as has been mostly accepted by the public (though on the decline) and empowered by the system.

Concerning police, the statement is definitely all lives should matter. Do they live by that statement? Heck no. First sign of trouble, bang bang bang. Then, there is this selected small group (we have no idea the size but hopefully it's very small) that like to go bang just cause they don't like something.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I dunno, I was just wondering if there was any basis behind what he was saying. Stats, numbers, something.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Numbers to back up what? That was just a statement of fact. Feel free to fact check if you wish.