1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

iPod Shuffle - new mp3/usb device

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by 3814, Jan 11, 2005.

1. 3814

3814 Member

http://www.apple.com/ipodshuffle/

Time to mix things up. Meet iPod shuffle, the unpredictable new iPod. What will it play next? Can it read your mind? Can it read your moods? Load it up. Put it on. See where it takes you. Choose from pocket-size 512MB or 1G models starting at $99 and surprise yourself.

Random is the New Order
    Welcome to a life less orderly. As official soundtrack to the random revolution, the iPod Shuffle Songs setting takes you on a unique journey through your music collection — you never know what’s around the next tune. Meet your new ride. More roadster than Rolls, iPod shuffle rejects routine by serving up your favorite songs in a different order every time. Just plug iPod shuffle into your computer’s USB port, let iTunes Autofill it with up to 240 songs(1) and get a new experience with every connection. The trail you run every day looks different with an iPod shuffle. Daily gridlock feels less mundane when you don’t know what song will play next. iPod shuffle adds musical spontaneity to your life. Lose control. Love it.

DJ Your Day
    If you favor cycling to a hip-hop soundtrack and snowboarding to a little electronica, Autofill iPod shuffle from a specific iTunes Playlist and roll. Download an album from the iTunes Music Store and listen to it in order before you Shuffle it into your collection. Or just drag and drop individual songs from iTunes onto iPod shuffle. With Play in Order mode, you manage the music. If things take a turn for the predictable, never fear. Turn iPod shuffle over, flip the slider to Shuffle and mix on the go.

Goes with Everything
    iPod shuffle weighs as little as a car key and makes a tuneful fashion statement. Just throw the included lanyard around your neck and take a walk. Or run. Or ride. There’s nowhere your skip-free iPod shuffle can’t go, and with up to 12 hours(3) of continuous playback time, it keeps going as long as you do. A neat little cap protects the USB connector, and those signature white earbud headphones tell the world you love to listen in style. You can even make your iPod shuffle splash-proof, arm-hugging and longer-running with optional accessories. Ready for anything from a Transatlantic flight to a weekend at the beach, the iPod shuffle makes the perfect, low-maintenance pal.

Touch of Genius
    Good things really do come in small packages. The controls on the iPod shuffle feel as intuitive and easy to use as those on every iPod model. Play, pause, skip, repeat, shuffle and hold at the touch of a thumb: The circular, ergonomic controls and one-click slider make it simple to listen without looking.

The Music Store in Your House
    Add to the iPod shuffle mix with songs downloaded from the iTunes Music Store. Browse and preview more than one million songs, then buy what you want, 24-7, from the comfort of your Mac or PC. With the iTunes Music Store and iPod shuffle, you’ll always have music at hand…literally.

Plug-and-Playlists
    iPod shuffle makes syncing a piece of cake. Cupcake, even. Use the optional Dock to connect to your computer or just plug iPod shuffle directly into a USB port on any computer(4). Then drag and drop individual songs, Autofill your favorite playlists or Autofill your iPod shuffle with a random sampling from your music library. Since iPod shuffle automatically charges while syncing, it stays ready for your next adventure.

[​IMG]

i think i might get one...looks like a good product.

2. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate

I like it but I don't see myself buying one. I already own 2 ipods and they still work great so there is no reason for me to get one of these.

3. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Member

4. 3814

3814 Member

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

iPod Shuffle looks kinda gimmicky to me. But the Mini-mac looks promising.

6. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Member

I know. A Mac for under 500 bucks. I'm already begging the wife...

7. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

HOLY CRAP!!! Only $500!!! I found the second machine for my studio! :eek:

8. JeffB

JeffB Member

9. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Member

No audio inputs...

10. JeffB

JeffB Member

11. SamCassell

SamCassell Member

Still an odd thing to leave out, doesn't seem like a space issue.

12. TraJ

TraJ Member

I was hoping for some kind of screen on the flash iPod. I'm not going to rule out getting one, especially the cheapest one. But I have very specific listening habits. I'm not a random guy at all. I have wide-ranging tastes, and yet I'm not in the mood for everything at all times. I like having access to specific artists, albums, genres, and even songs. So if I do buy one of the new iPod's, I doubt I'll ever fill it up. I'd probably just use it to sync whatever playlist I want to listen to. I have a hard time filling up my 128MB flash player with enough songs that I want to hear in sequence.

Right now, I burn the music I buy from iTunes to CD and then rip it to MP3 so that I can put the songs on my flash player or my Rio Nitrus. It's good enough for now, so I'll probably keep waiting for now. I guess I'm blessed (?) with an ear that's not too sensitive. I can put up with a re-ripped song. But I'm hoping Apple comes out with something like a 2GB flash iPod with a screen in the future. I'm just not willing to pay more than about $200 for an MP3 player, so the iPod and iPod mini are not for me. I could probably be persuaded to spend a little more $200 and get the mini, but they just don't hold their charge long enough for me. Apple's Web site said the new flash players will play for about 12 hours. I wish they had made them so that they use AAA batteries. I like being able to recharge my batteries without having to give up use of my player for a few hours.

Oh well. It's not what I was hoping for (which some of the rumors indicated it would be), but I'm glad Apple is opening up the iPod/iTunes combination to an entirely different market. I think they've done nothing but strengthen their position at the top of the portable music industry. Now let's hope that they don't begin to lose it when WMA players start coming out that can make better use of the subscription services (Napster, MSN, MusicMatch, etc.). Having a million songs or so available to download to your player for $15 a month doesn't sound bad.

13. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Member

finally a cheap mac!!!

14. DanzelKun

DanzelKun Member

Neat-o... but jeez... I've never heard anyone make a "shuffle" mode sound so exciting... isn't it pretty much a standard feature on any MP3 player?

15. weakfromtoday

weakfromtoday Member
    Supporting Member

Did anyone else notice this at the bottom of the Ipod Shuffle page?

[​IMG]

Do not eat? Why did they make Ipod Shuffle Strawberry Flavor then?

16. isoman2kx

isoman2kx Member

hmm....... I'd eat it.

17. isoman2kx

isoman2kx Member

on another note , the new apple mini comp is pretty damn impressive.

just the size alone ... :eek:

saw it in economics class today while watching the stock exchange..... neat stuff.

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Membar
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't mind having an ipod, but they're too expensive and I don't need 15-20-30-40 gigs worth of space.

1 gig would be perfect, and 99 bucks is cheap.

If it simply had a "forward" and "backward" button on it i'd buy it.

19. Davidoff

Davidoff Member

Its because it next to a pack of gum, but yeah that was funny...

20. dEVIL

dEVIL Member

theres no display on it?