1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

income tax, how much you getting?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by cheke64, Jan 31, 2015.

Tags:
  1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I always go to a notary and usually get $900. Today, im looking at the 1040 website and it says im getting 8k.

da fuggg!! Seems legit

2. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

You are either really rich or really poor.

3. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

How many kids did you adopt in one year?

4. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Refund? wtf is that???

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

6. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

You understand that it's your money to begin with, right? I've never understood people who act like their refund is some kind of windfall.

7. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

There aren't that many refundable credits most people are entitled to so the refund is basically your withholding amount that is taken from your paycheck to cover your taxes throughout the year. So in your case I'd actually be pissed off. That's money you couldve invested.

I'm self employed so I pay in my taxes four times a year at the bare minimum. I'm probably going to owe unless I come up with some phony business expenses.

8. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

9. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Take it and run, if the IRS comes knocking just pay them. Look at it as a loan that you MAY have to pay back. 90% chance nothing happens to you if the mistake isn't to obvious. Game of numbers, specific markers, and random. Make it rain

10. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I don't even understand your thread title. u don't 'get' anything for income tax. A tax is where the government takes your money. Do you mean your rebate (the money the government took from you but shouldn't have)?

11. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

If so serious ... terrible advice. There is a 99.9% chance you will get caught if the return isn't correct. When it comes to filing taxes, the IRS scrutinizes high dollar refunds.

That said, I lost half my refund due to the ACA. :mad:

12. Steve_Francis_rules

Many people pay a negative effective federal income tax rate. They really do 'get' something.

13. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

When it comes to getting a refund, the advice that tax experts suggest is to try to break even if possible. It's your money that the government is borrowing from you interest-free, so it's not good if you are getting a huge refund, any interest you can get on your money is better than nothing.

Having said that, I worked with a guy who used the tax system to his favor (I guess), he would actually claim zero dependents (he had several) and he would add an additional $100 every week! At the ned of the year, he would usually get anywhere between a 10-12K refund! Not the smartest way to save your money, but if you can't live your life with a budget, I guess this is the next best thing. This is what he would tell me, not sure if he was lying or not!!

As far as my refund...

NUNYA!!!...;)

DON'T....
    <iframe width="1280" height="750" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fFGZufk4HFs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#13 BamBam, Jan 31, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  14. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Earned Income Credit
    Additional Child Tax Credit

15. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Over 40% of Americans don't pay income tax. If you're not in poverty, don't cheat the system and contribute imo.

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

I'm an illegal alien and what is this?

17. rudan

rudan Member

I haven't messed with my taxes this year, but I know Obama care will screw me somehow............

18. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

19. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Thread title should read "How much money did you let the government borrow interest free?"

20. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'll be lucky not to owe...