1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

In the postgame barkley ceremony, was Dickerson and Othella there?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wizard, Apr 21, 2000.

1. wizard

wizard Member

Just curious b/c us out of towners missed out big time. I've download every audio and videoclip available. I noticed brent Price came out from the locker room. Was this cermony postgame? or halftime?

------------------

2. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

postgame. at halftime they had a really dorky barkley look alike contest. None of em looked like charles though.

------------------

3. Dogbelly

Dogbelly Member

It was more like a Pig Miller look-alike contest.

------------------

4. wizard

wizard Member

so was dickerson and othella there?

------------------

5. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I think I saw Othella, but Im not sure.

------------------

6. popeye

popeye Member

My mates and I stood beside O for about eight or ten minutes in the runway as he looked on and tried to be inconspicuous. Then went down the tunnel to the DR.

Dickerson came out after Shareef had his TV interview and talked with some Rockets suits and a couple of others. Then went and was interviewed by the same TV Crew(Vancover CTV). Afterwards he hung around and said hello to some of the Rocket players, hung out with Shareef who was sitting beside Pig and a couple others on the Press table.

Then MD left. He got a lot of attention going back in the run/walkway from fans. They were yelling: " .... when you coming back???" He just smiled and waved.

My Impression(Based on nothing tangible,really):

Shareef looked like he wanted to stay! Just kidding. Actually he looked like he was impressed by the whole thing.

Othella looked unhappy, angry even. He never smiled. He was all business on the court and had no smiles or grins, even when Charles sad something pointedly funny (during the game break) at him and a couple other Griz. Everyone on the Griz were smiling and dapping when Rocky was doing his strip tease thing at Charles. Othella never cracked his face at all. Everyone broke up except O.

As I mentioned so many times. Moochie is a Rocket and deserves the bucks, the PT, etc... because he is a solid player and he seems to be tight with core, including Charles, Steve, Shandon, etc.... Charles looked especially .... well, .... comfy,I guess ... (can I say bonded or intimate without sounding too .... something..... ?) with Steve, Mooch, and Catman. I think the Chuckster would have played a bigger role in their (The kids) tutoring/learning had he not been sent packing by the injury.

------------------
    "Let me get this straight .... we pay him $4.5 million dollars a year to play 82 games right? And, the other guy we pay $6 or $7 Million a year to stop the other team from scoring and maybe to score once in a while too!" ......... Popeye's darling sweetpea attempting to figure out WizBang and CaveInTo's role on the Rockets.