1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

In the age of the Internet, can't we do better?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Fatty FatBastard, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Fatty FatBastard

Yeah, yeah, y'all know I'm pretty much a republican, although the loss of our Oilers had me vote straight-ticket democrat State-wide in the recent past. Little "tax everybody" White has had me change that. What is the point of increased police if it is only to go out and fine people? (ie. his new police have been incorporated to do nothing more than hand out tickets.) It astounds me, and the political coffers abound on both f***ing sides.

Let's face it. I'm fairly sure Obama will win this election (in which I'll be banned from posting here for the next 6 months per my bet.)

My true question is:

I'm quite sure not everyone who votes for Obama this year is a tie-dyed, religion-hating, pot-smoking, bleeding-heart for the homeless, atheist who thinks that peace is bliss.

I'm also quite sure that everyone who votes for McCain is not a gun-toting, white-trash racist, abortion-hating fear-monger that believes that the best way to deal with people they don't agree with is a bullet to the head.

Let's face it libs: You have no idea what Obama stands for. The fact that he is different is enough. It is incredible to me, but it is a fact. How can you chide Palin and have complete confidence in Obama? I've got my own concerns about Palin, so I'm not disagreeing with you on that note. But EVERY non-qualifying excuse you've stated about Palin is more often than not equal to Obama.

I also find it Ironic that Both teams picked a VP that would make the other side hypocritical. It's been interesting, and if McCain were 10 years younger, it would have been devastating to the DNC.

Sadly, he forgot how old he was, which is great for him, but the nation needs to know. Ultimately, it was a bad choice. But I'd still do her.

In the end, neither party has solidified any real kind of plan, and I am sick and tired of seeing this two party system.

Yes, I'm fully aware that the internet will BY FAR favor a politician whose beliefs I have problems with. But George Washington, who removed himself from office after two terms, told the government that a two party system will fail.

We have the technology to change it. I truly hope people can see the forest beyond the trees.

If Obama wins, I hope y'all are correct in believing what he's stated. I have sincere doubts, especially being from Chicago.

God-speed to us all.

#1 Fatty FatBastard, Oct 29, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
  2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I call the big one Bitey.

3. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

In the age of information.. with so much at our fingertips... people sure have resorted to mainstream apathy.

4. Fatty FatBastard

You know, we live in a sad day of youtube when I can't come back with a Pinchy comeback....

5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I believe that the two party system will not change in the near future due to the fact that people are lazy, and would actually have to begin paying attention to politics.

6. aghast

aghast Member

Are Obama supporters the suckers ponying up for the monorali? Is Palin the feral opossum suckling her brood? Is Ogdenville in a swing state?

In any case, will there be musical numbers? I'll vote for the one with musical numbers.

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I'll vote for Obama if he declares an official holiday for the Birthday of one Mr. Phil Hartman.

8. Fatty FatBastard

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eH8AZvewD5I&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eH8AZvewD5I&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3WxYSNvEZfM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3WxYSNvEZfM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

9. Major

Major Member

You really shouldn't try to transfer your own ignorance onto others. Just because you are clueless doesn't mean everyone else is. Obama has gone through a longer and more in depth campaign than any other Presidential candidate in history, and he has provided far more detail and specifics into his proposals than any candidate in recent memory. In the internet age and with the growing internet reporter industry, we have more information on his background than we probably did on any candidate before about the year 2000.

The fact that you haven't read or paid any attention to any of this is your own fault.

10. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Your mistaken assumption here is that the concerns with Palin stem from her inexperience. I dislike her because she is an imbecile and represents most of what I hate in society.

11. Fatty FatBastard

Wow. Simply. Wow.

Myopia is strong with this one.

Obama has received a gift from the media. To the point where even the media has noticed.

To whit, what exactly has he accomplished? I'm truly curious. We had a friend of ours who was being polished for political acumen a few years ago, but a DWI slashed those hopes.

I truly hope your side hasn't done the same simply due to one's driving abilities...

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

it's really difficult to figure out what BO stands for - I think we need another TWO CONSECUTIVE YEARS of nonstop media microscope coverage to figure this one out.

Fatty - back to your cage.

I knew who Obama was before the media did. And that's true. Just shut up and take your bannage in peace.

13. Major

Major Member

Yes, it is. You have decided since you are ignorant of the facts (or simply uninterested in them) that everyone else must be just as stupid as well. That's the very definition of myopia.

No, you're not. The campaign has been going pretty heavily for about 10 months now. There has been plenty of discussion both here and across the internet about his accomplishments. The fact that you still don't know anything about him a week before the election demonstrates your complete and total lack of interest in learning. Do a few google searches if you're interested. It would take all of 30 seconds to find some unbiased sources - if you were really interested, you could have spared that time somewhere in the last 10 months.

14. Fatty FatBastard

You typically respond better than this, so I'll allow you to elaborate.

What experience, exactly, does Obama have?

I know he speaks well. Lord knows from the Chris Rock analogies that we need a person who speaks well, but again, I ask everyone:

Other than reading a prompter and being on a particular side of the fence, what has he done?

You can ridicule Palin for a ton of things, but by doing so, you're being a hypocrite.

Obama has simply done nothing.

I expected that Palin would be recused from the VP role originally to show the hypocrisy.

Again, PLEASE tell me, what, other than a better vernacular, separates Palin and Obama?

Y'all are about to vote in a male Palin, whether you realize it now, or not. That said, W. may have been a Palin, also.

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I want to be sympathetic, fatty, really, but I agree with Major to this extent: there's tons of info out there on what the guy stands for, what he's done, and what he plans to do, line by line.

So you can either say:
    (1) I've read up on all of it, and I disagree with the guy.
    (2) I've read up on all of it, and I don't think it's possible for him to accomplish this.
    (3) I haven't read it but I want to go with my first impressions from getting a Fox news overview and post it on the internets.

You sound dangerously close to #3.

It's just not legit to say "libs, you don't know what he stands for!" He's been incredibly explicit about what he stands for, like it or not. So go after him, but this "fluff" argument went the way of McCain's last 27 strategy makeovers: the wastebin.

16. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Trying to follow this thread is a little odd. cabbage just told you he isn't concerned about experience. So then you say you want to let him 'elaborate'...

...and then ask about experience.

Wha?

Lol. Okay, make that really odd.

17. ling ling

ling ling Member

What the man say and how the man votes don't match.

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Do you honestly think that their resumes are that similar?

Let's see, Columbia, Harvard Law Review President, Federal Court Clerk, turned down lucrative career to work in the community, turned rising young superstar in the legal academy, 7 years as state legislator in populous district for large state, 4 years in US Senate, wildly popular + stirring orator, with strong intellectual reputation

vs.

multi-time Juco dropout/pentecostalist nutbag former anchor, beauty queen, turned city council member/mayor for small rural exburb +18 months as governor in tiny who has turned into a national laughingstock via her sheer stupidity.

If so, you'd be the type of guy whose idiotic opinion from some third tier commuter school in north texas with a chip on his shoulder....who we will not have to listen too for a LONG time.

Goodbye, Fats. Goodbye, you and your pretend moron persona.

This type of persona is what the vulgarity of a complete moron like Palin represents.

Thankfully, its appeal is diminishing.

And so is your presence here.

Goodbye Fats

Goodbye

19. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

http://www.votesmart.org/voting_category.php?can_id=9490

There. You have your work cut out for you.

20. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Fatty, that was my point. I don't care for experience. She is an idiot.