1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

In my next life I want to come back as Klay Thompson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Wulaw Horn, May 8, 2019.

1. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

I’m not saying Klay sucks or anything, but he’s probably the most wildly overrated “superstar” I’ve ever witnessed in the NBA. JVG and Reggie Miller both called him a top 5 all time shooter. Everyone acts like he’s a top 15 guy in the league.
    He’s a nice player
    He can get hot and they are a real problem when he does
    He plays good defense (that too is overrated- he ain’t a lock down guy)
    He’s basically a glorified x-factor that has near universal love, a max contract headed his way, no accountability if **** goes wrong and people fawn over him.
    He’s Vinny the microwave Johnson for the new millennium but treated like an inner circle HOFer. Meanwhile, guys like Harden and Barkley and Malone and KD prior to joining the Dubs have to roll the boulder up the hill only to never get it up to the top and then get crapped on, called chokers and never live it down. But Klay is an all time great
    More than any of the other warriors he aggravates me. I hope if the rockets win and he continues to get his ass kicked ny splash Gordon he loses some shine.

2. Voltik

Voltik Member

In your next life....you’ll be punked by James Harden and the Houston Rockets.

I did not read your full post...just had to comment on the title when we are 2-2 and crucial Game 5 at Oracle which could be that last.

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

You had me until the "Malone" part.

chadyang likes this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

boy, this board sure has some weirdo's :confused:

Supamanu, arabrocket, Nimo and 5 others like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

Klay has it very easy...if he shows up, then he’ll get shown some love...if he completely disappears, then whatever, his team will most likely win anyways and nobody will really criticize him

How Harden vs. Klay was ever an actual debate is beyond me. It’s like comparing a burger made by the world’s finest chef using the most expensive meats to a 2 day old Big Mac and thinking that they’re on the same level or that the crusty Big Mac is even better.

6. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Other than Warriors homers, I’m not sure anyone who truly knows basketball thinks that Klay is a superstar. He’s def. an All Star, a solid defender, and an all time great shooter. His one on one skills are decent and he can finish in the lane. He is a high iq player and a great teammate who would flourish on any team. That said, i don't think anyone can see a team winning a championship where he’s the first option, which is why he’s not a super star.

7. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

in my next life i wanna be draymond's jockstrap. not so i can have his dick in my mouth but so i can shapeshift into a snake and shove myself up his ass the next time he tries to kick someone in the nuts or poke someone in the eyes. it will be one helluva way to end a career i can guarantee that.

8. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

OP is a little strange but he's right

He gets max money
    When he doesn't score, he gets kudos for defense (despite the stats not always supporting him as a top tier defender)
    When he does what he is supposed to do, he becomes a "flamethrower"
    If he struggles, he's just "in a slump" but will break out sometime
    When he's doing what he is supposed to do, he is one of the hottest players in the NBA
    He has 3-4 All Stars around him at all times to cover up his mistakes
    Referees give him a pass for physical perimeter defense to the point that obvious flagrant calls become non-calls
    He is pretty universally loved for a role player
    He gets to date IG models and has a massive shoe deal in China for being a borderline All-Star

Not a bad deal, all things considered. All the benefits of being a star without a lot of the burden. People will never look at Klay and wonder if he is a "playoff choker" - regardless of whether he performs

9. Voltik

Voltik Member

I don’t know man, sometimes I crave a Big Mac for no god damn reason....just like the media craves the balls of these players. I am kinda getting it now....LMAO.

Reeko likes this.
  10. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

You are one heck of a fan. I’ll say that much.

Rustyrig likes this.
  11. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

30 seconds of reading is hard. The entire point of the post was taking a **** on Klay, not praising him.

#11 Wulaw Horn, May 8, 2019
    Last edited: May 8, 2019
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

you actually want to be someone you're taking shots at?? :confused::confused:

13. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Eh, I don’t like him but he’s a million times better player than Klay.

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

But how can u love Klay if u be Klay?

15. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

This guy gets it.

vince likes this.
  16. Voltik

Voltik Member

It wasn’t about the time investment in reading or the ability to read, but more about the title during game day as I alluded to in my initial post.

17. Voltik

Voltik Member

This guy gets it. :D

Dumb thread title.

18. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

This guy gets it too.

chadyang likes this.
  19. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Ding ding ding.

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I totally agree, however who would you say was their second best player before Durant?