1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If We Traded Yao.......

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joliver325, May 18, 2009.

1. hotpotato

hotpotato Member

I don't care if Rockets decide to trade Yao.

I just hope Yao goes to a west coast city or at least a city with a sizable aisan population. So Yao'd be crazy to go to Cavs.

2. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Trade Yao and some sweetner for Kevin Durant and scrubs.

3. A13

A13 Member

Without Yao Rockets Still won the Lakers..

4. rimrocker

rimrocker Member

IF you even thought about trading Yao, you'd want to trade with a team that might overpay for him because his name is Yao... Golden State or LA or LA or NY come immediately to mind.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets will not trade Yao. Why are there so many variations of this thread? How many times does Morey or Les have to say that Yao is the cornerstone of this team, or that he is "untradeable"?

You might as well talk about trading unicorns and flying pigs.

6. declan32001

declan32001 Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...nYcB?slug=ap-rockets-artest&prov=ap&type=lgns

Yao, the top overall draft pick in 2002, has one year left on his contract. Team owner Leslie Alexander said Yao is the only “untouchable” player on the roster and Morey said he’s ready to negotiate a contract extension.

“Yao is obviously the cornerstone of the franchise,” Morey said. “He had an unbelievable year until the big disappointment at the end. But he put in a full year, a very productive year.

“We’re always in constant conversation with him, about all issues. When we resolve things, we’ll announce it.”

7. jsonic6

jsonic6 Member

Without Yao we would of lost the 1st round series against the Blazers. So we would of not even played the Lakers... ;)

8. Yetti

Yetti Member

EXACTLY!!!
    It is crazy how some Rocket Fans show how little they know about their team. Yao Ming has always played as a role player for the benifit of his team, this is a rare quality of true leadership, especially when he could produce so much more by demanding the ball and/or insisting on the team having a true playmaker Point Guard. His talent is so difficult to find that his team looks with pride to keep him on their roster, for as long as he is willing to play in Houston. :p

9. yiwong2001

yiwong2001 Member

ya, his weakness is so obvious. How about this? resign him with 8m per year, then exchange Bigben with him. Let this fragile guy goes to Cavaliers!

10. yogagreenstone

Maybe Yao could do you a favor to opt out next year, then this YAO problem won't bother you any more. lol

11. kunluncat

kunluncat Member

Please trade him. People hate him would like to get some decent player by trading him. People like him also want him to go to another team which is more possible to win a ring. We all want him to leave.

12. Battierwarrior

Battierwarrior New Member

why you guys all want him to go to Cavaliers. I heard a lot ! :mad: It is impossible.

13. heyangw

heyangw Member

Without Yao, Rockets apparently is a better team.
    Rockets did not sweep Lakers in the playoff because Yao played for the first 3 games.
    The management is so stupid to keep this expensive, injury-prone, non-athletic big guy.
    Yao should be traded for some cheap, always-healthy, athletic players who can consitently contribute 20/10 a game.

14. Cav000

Cav000 Member

i dont like this what if thread . u want him go, just expect his leaving his summer to another , i dont think he is a C nowhere to go but a C most of the team want for his player value and his commercial value. dont u think so ?

15. Cav000

Cav000 Member

100% agree. to satisfy those Yao haters, Yao for Ben Wallace . Yao + James + Williams + ... what a champion team. so u haters feels better?

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Just testing my sig, since I got it from this thread.

17. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

I would trade Yao ONLY on the condition that all the YOF go with him :D

18. spookyoldtree

spookyoldtree Member

Do you even understand what YOF means?

19. yxgemini

yxgemini Member

they would absolutely satisfy you by their definition if that happens :D
    they would only come back here to laugh at you someday Yao drop a hammer on Rox, in whatever uniform.

20. RyanB

RyanB Member

If it happens, i'd trade him fot three athletic and finishing players