1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If They Stopped Singing The Eyes Of Texas At Darrell K Royal Memorial Stadium

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Apr 4, 2021.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Will black kids stop being last in education statistics?

2. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Who will take our place, and why the **** does it matter since those of us who want to succeed and put in the time, energy and focus are able to?

How do you think Tevaricus, Latreshria and apparently all of the Washingtons and Jeffersons fill out blue composition books or bubble in scantrons, via singularity?

Also do event managers ever change out playlists at sporting events over one-and-a-quarter century, or is it all Victorian hymns, Dickensian carols and sea chantys because no new music has been written since then?

#2 Dairy Ashford, Apr 4, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
  3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Even though I think the whole eyes of Texas thing is stupid. Those are totally separate issues and their commonality is that they happen on the same 40 acres.

4. Buck Turgidson

If UT took the fluoride out of the campus tapwater, would the parking situation improve?

5. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

If Jon Hamm hadn't put some Sigma Nu pledge's testicles in a hammer claw while he was at UT, would Mr. Gatti's still be the best pizza in town?

ROCKSS and Buck Turgidson like this.
  6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@rockbox

It's stupid because of the reasons you think and serious or not black people won't help poor blacks until we focus on broken

Black progress is stalled. We can't legislate feelings. There is no more legal ways to fix racism. What's left to address is internal.

I can give you wealth statistics that show we have not made progress for 50 years and we are may be moving backwards

So yes it's all related, a lack of focus on the real problems

JumpMan likes this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

I doubt it, I was there in '93+ and Double Dave's and Conan's were my preferred spots.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Yet another shining example of people tearing down, versus actually creating something themselves. Write a new song that is better and propose it instead of complaining. Pro-activity is needed if it's a racist song, but for many people it isn't about creating a better world. It's just another target for the hate in their heart for the world around them. Also it sounds like it was just an old southern song. Is that really racist in nature? Eventually all southern culture will be banned as racist. The term southerner itself will mean nazi. Chicken Fried Steak is next ladies and gentlemen. I'm sure they can find some guilt by association for it in the south's past because some racist dudes from 200 years ago invented it or something.

#8 dachuda86, Apr 5, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
  9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Right

The song was used in minstrel shows but the words were changed because the song itself isn't racist and even when first sung it wasn't racist

Just people looking for ****

10. Major

Major Member

You mean like this thread? Seems like a lot of people who claim these things don't matter constantly b**** about other people having feelings on them.

This reminds me of all the anti-cancel-culture warriors boycotting everyone who they don't like.

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Black people are worried are about **** that doesn't matter in improvements. Racism is about holding blacks back so we use stupid **** like this to avoid fixing ghetto dysfunction cause we don't want to admit our problems.

Understand?

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@Major

I didn't make the song a topic

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Just what we been missing a random ass what black people need thread from Ruckus.

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

All b****es do is insult when they can't respond

Is this song holding someone back? Why would people want us around when all we do is **** on tradition?

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

People don't want you around and its amazing how you speak for all of "us"

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

So blacks didn't make an issue of the song? See you can't give your opinion on the song and just b**** insult.

You're speaking on what you are

17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Blacks and Whites had issues or do you think the Band is mostly black people.

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@jiggyfly

You will never here me cry about dumb **** like not enough Oscars, not enough this and that

I would not give a damn. So if they don't want me around fine. Racists would be more scared of me really trying to show how we need to improve. That would be scary to them

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Liberal whites don't understand real problems either

They are in lock step with stupid **** like this like a good band

*rimshot

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Take your meds and stop begging for attention.