1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If they aren't moved...waive Thabeet, Williams, and Flynn March 16th?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by emjohn, Mar 4, 2012.

?

Waive Morey's 09ers?

1. None should be here after March 15th

41 vote(s)
    42.7%
  2. Keep Williams

45 vote(s)
    46.9%
  3. Keep Flynn

24 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Keep Thabeet

19 vote(s)
    19.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

It seems clear that none of these three have any future in Houston and they wouldn't likely garner more than 30 minutes of PT combined the rest of the way, so why not offer them buyouts to go away and open up 3 roster spots for 10 day contract guys?

I'd rather have players playing for their careers than the Three DNP-CD Amigos.

2. vince

vince Member

Seems like the scouts didn't do their homework with these guy's. None of them have been able to work their way onto a consistent playing rotation.

3. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I could not agree more. That would allow Morris to possibly get playing time. All three of those guys are obviously not in our long term plans. If we cannot trade their expirings for something by the deadline then cut them and give some young D league guys that deserve a shot some PT. You never know what you will get.

4. HombreDeHierro

I like this idea.

Never know what you will get with a hungry D-League guy striving to make it in the big league

5. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Isn't thabeet an expiring?

6. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

A "big" expiring contract is what I meant. Couldn't he be used as a valuable trade chip

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Definitely at least one of them will not be on the team after the deadline, trade or not.

I expect the Rockets to waive Thabeet and bring back Adrien, if they can't get another big in here.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

If they aren't moved....Morey fail.

9. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

if not moved... MAJOR FAIL!

Trade for Gasol = BIGGER FAIL!

Dont diasppoint, DM!

10. Sen89

Sen89 Member

This is true about Thabeet.

Flynn looked like he was on his way (in his rookie year), but the serious injury/surgery killed his explosiveness and confidence.

Williams has all the tools and potential, but scouts didn't forsee his immaturity being the death of him, especially when he "lead" his Louisville team to a 1-seed in his final year.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I still see some Twill supporters.... he is flashy.... but not effective

12. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Fixed

13. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Yes, thus the idea of waiving them AFTER the trade deadline and not this very moment. We all hope we can use them in a trade, that goes without saying.

My answer: that should be up to McHale. If it's me, I keep Williams and toss the other two. But if he doesn't intend to play any, by all means don't keep any.

14. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Yes, but not after the March 15th trade deadline -- hence the thread title.

15. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Kracken bumping his numbers after last night!

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Obviously, no point in keeping Thabeet if he isn't traded. If it were me, I'd cut T-Will too, recent minutes notwithstanding, just to eliminate all the drama of his tweeting. I'd consider keeping Flynn in case we have PG troubles. He was decent once, we might need him, he might do in a pinch, and he won't be a troublemaker in the meantime.

17. OremLK

OremLK Member

Thabeet, yes. Williams and Flynn, no. I think they'd be the best options on the market for third stringers at the 1-3 spots so it doesn't really help us to waive them--and it might help some team we don't want to help.

18. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

I'd waive Flynn if Ish gets cut.

19. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

This.

Thabeet is probably the exception here, as his lone value is his expiring contract. So if he's not needed as a salary filler, he should get waived after the deadline.

I expect T-Will and one of Dragic and Flynn to be moved. If Dragic gets moved, Flynn will probably our PG backup for the rest of this season.

1 person likes this.
  20. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Why the fizzuck would we do that? They are expiring contracts, if we let them walk come free agency, we open up TONS of cap room!