1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Kevin Love becomes available tomorrow would you give...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by roflmcwaffles, Feb 13, 2014.

?

Kevin Love for Asik + Tjones + 1st + possibly more?

1. Yes

260 vote(s)
    88.4%
  2. No

34 vote(s)
    11.6%
  1. impressivegol

impressivegol Member

Lakers are the overwhelming fav to be his next team should he bolt, but man what an awesome treat that would be. If a 2nd premier FA chose Rox over lal. Not even sure if he becomes a FA we would have the money though.

anyone else think Rockets will try to trade for Anderson again in the offseason?

2. BamBam

BamBam Member

Answer: Yes, and double yes on Sunday's!

In reality it's a no brain'r if all your giving is Asik/Jones/1stpick/fillers, but the reality that you're speaking of doesn't exist! It's going to take way more than that to get a 25yr old superstar! He's an ok defender (at best), good passer, great rebounder, and an elite scorer...I think we could use him, GET'R DONE MOREY...:grin:

#22 BamBam, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  3. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

While you would have to do it if the opportunity presented itself, I'm not sure how much of a better team we would be.

Our greatest need right now is not another go to scorer, it's defense. While we are top 10 in defense we're no where near elite.

On the flip side, if you lose Parsons in the deal it opens up a starting role for someone to fill (perhaps one that can bring elite perimeter defense, unlike Parsons). What better spot for your 3&D player that we definitely need right now. If you were to trade for Love with Asik/Jones/Parsons and a picks and then went and signed Ariza at the MLE in the offseason you would definitely have a well rounded team.

Beverley/Lin
    Harden/Lin
    Ariza/Garcia
    Love/D-Mo/Casspi
    Dwight/Smith/Camby

That is an interesting team, one that might push for the number 1 seed in the west and perhaps even content year in and year out. Luxury tax would be a certainty once Beverley got paid, unless you replace Lin with a more reasonably priced backup (Caanan?).

I'm all for getting Love, but the cost may be just too great. I think wait until 2016 offseason and pickup Love/Aldridge/Milsap with capspace then resign Parsons

4. cml750

cml750 Member

Without a doubt absolutely yes. I would make that trade ANY time. We would immediately become favorites to win it all.

5. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Um yes, and it's not even close.

6. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Member

But they do believe in fool's gold...

7. ChievousFTFace

Do we do that trade? Hell yes we do that trade.

The wolves wouldn't need Asik though since they already have Pek. Any trade involving Love would cost us Parsons and Jones.

8. BonziWellsGOAT

Thats a clown question bro.

9. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Member

If you can get Love for anyone not named Harden or Howard, you do it.

10. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate

I wouldn't give up parsons, Howard or harden. Any other combo probably.

11. Pokito1120

Pokito1120 Member

NO! I Think the thing that nobody is giving the Rockets credit for is that they are playing a traditional starting 5. I like Love but he is not needed. The only thing the Rockets need in my opinion is time and for Parsons to take his game to the next and becoming the Rockets 2nd perimeter scorer. Yea Lin is good being the heat check wild card guy but I would like to see Parsons take it a notch higher.

12. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

I'd trade the farm for a rejuvenated and motivated Love. Playing in Minnesota as the lone superstar having to carry that team must be exhausting. Here, he will be one of the big three and can just ball out of control.

I'd give Parsons and any two of Tjones, D-Mo, Lin, Asik + a first round pick.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Love fits in perfectly here. And we could go ahead and kiss the "always remain flexible" strategy and grab some veteran post defenders.

14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

They already have a pekovic so they aren't interested in asik. The question is would you trade Parsons + Lin + Jones for Love?

15. intergalactic

intergalactic Member

I don't think folks were that down on Love's skills after the Minny game. It was just obvious he's not a championship level #1 option. But as a #2 or #3 he would be great.

Reminds me of Tom Chambers in the Hakeem era. Consistently ludicrous stats, but lacking the defense to guarantee you wins. With Dwight around, it wouldn't matter.

16. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Member

Yeah he can bolt...in another season and a half. It isn't like he's entering FA THIS summer...

17. WinkFan

WinkFan Member

The primary flaw in our defense is our defensive rebounding, which is 24th in the league. Kevin Love would completely eliminate this problem. He's the perfect compliment to Dwight Howard.

18. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Pekovic is one of the worst rim protectors in the league, Asik is one of the best, Not saying Pako and Asik will work b/c they probably won't but they are different players and can be used in different situations.

If I'm Minny, I wouldn't trade Love unless I get Parsons, Jones, two 1st rounders and either Lin or Asik for salary reasons.

19. Ericonomist

Ericonomist Member

Th graph only shows how crappy other twolves players are.

20. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

If you are adding The Mad Chicken .... my vote changes from yes to hell no.