1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If I were Jeremy Lin right now.....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Nov 8, 2013.

1. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Member

LMAO!! Probably. I think he was on Instagram the other day saying he was looking for a "head doctor." Like, sir. LOL.

2. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I thought it was kind of odd that they weren't a little more concern, Jermey hit the ground hard that time (granted he falls like that at least twice a game) Bev was the only guy there making sure he was okay, and he is trying to take his job!

3. MichaelG281713

So you admit you're just another bandwagon fan.

1 person likes this.
  4. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Member

Jeremy and Bev strike me as the 2 genuinely nice guys on the team. The two of them are always the first to help someone up, cheer someone on, or encourage another guy on the team when things aren't going their way. I think it sucks that the PG back and forth has lead to them being the most trashed guys on the roster here.

Anyway, sure Harden could have shown more concern. But the way it was described in earlier threads had me picturing them staring down at him and just shrugging and walking away. That isn't the Rockets I know/love, so that was really bothering me all day. This just isn't nearly what was described (if it is the same incident).

5. EyeAmCommi

EyeAmCommi Member

Has anyone seen this article?

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nba/this-weird-on-court-exchange-between-james-harden-and-jeremy-lin/

This sums up the OP thoughts. I don't think Lin has enough support in the locker room and in the coaching staff to really call out Harden or Dwight but the coaching staff needs to speak up and back up the point guard when he sets a play. Harden gave up on his team in this game is and despicable. That's why he never got off the bench in OKC and they were unwilling to give him the $$$ the Rockets gave him. They saw this a long time ago and that's why their focus was Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka, and then Harden...

6. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

OP is a moron. If Jeremy Lin acted like that he'd be sent back to the D-Leagues.

7. QHL9578

QHL9578 Member

Dwight? The stupid superman?

8. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Member

People kill me stating their speculation/conjecture as though it's fact. Yes, Harden was a total cancer to OKC, which is why KD and Russ are still so close with him. :rolleyes: He hasn't handled his business he way he should this season, but this is a strong reach.

9. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

u mirin?

[​IMG]

10. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

Funny thing is.... Jeremy would probably have been happy to take MUCH LESS money and be back in New York rather than here.

Another funny thing is, the Rockets could have had Courtney Fortson as their starting point guard last year.

Oh, and the funniest thing is that the Rockets had had 3 opportunities to pick Lin up for cheap, but like almost every other team in the NBA, they did not think he was good enough or worth picking up in the first place ;)

P.S. I think the Rockets should do a straight up trade of Jeremy Lin for Raymond Felton with the Knicks. All sides would derive a lot of win from this trade.

11. EyeAmCommi

EyeAmCommi Member

I didn't say cancer. I was saying his game wasn't as valuable to a team as the other 3 aforementioned guys. Scoring is great, but Westbrook provides defense, scoring and athleticism, Durant provides everything imaginable, and Ibaka provides defense, improved scoring. Harden so far so make it simple, provides scoring.

I like Harden, he just isn't a max contract player imo if he doesn't play D. He's in the mold of Stoudemire but in this NBA, offense gets you contracts.

12. ryebread

ryebread Member

I noticed this too. But I don't think it was Bickerstaff. Looked like the trainer guy, whats his face. Bickerstaff is thin, the guy that went over to Lin was a bit rounder. I understand taking him out to check on his health, but he should've been put right back in, not 3-4 minutes later. While Garcia was in for Lin, there was a shot of McHale and he looked hella uncomfortable. Fans probably heckling, asking why Garcia is in for Lin. If anything, take Parsons out, he can't shoot for *hit this season.

13. bws

bws Member

What second unit? From what I observed Lin comes in about halfway or so and plays with all of the starters, then Asik sits, at some points another player or two comes off of the bench. At another point Harden goes out so he definitely plays minutes with Harden and Dwight. Beverley comes back in and Lin and Beverley play together with either Dwight or Asik in. I don't know if there is a sense of a mostly players on the bench in or how much time he'll play with mostly the bench vs. mostly the starters but he's more of a 6th man than a second unit player. McHale said in the after practice interview today he'll get the same amount of minutes as when he was starting.

14. kastuul

kastuul Member

Conflict still exist when Lin plays more than 15 minutes.

I want to see the them to play PNR and move the ball.
    Harden ISO and Howard post-up won't let it happen.

In this team, nobody wants to sacrifice.
    Lin wants to attack so he gets benched.

Harden wants to dominate the ball but McHale has nothing to do with him.

15. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

By the way, in the play where Jeremy falls down, Harden went up to him and extended his hand.

16. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Member

He's definitely not a 2-way player... certainly not arguing that. Maybe I misinterpreted your post, but this:

-- made it sound like him giving up on his team and being "despicable" was the reason OKC didn't start him or cough up the money to keep him. Sorry if I misunderstood.

17. trock

trock Member

I don't get it. He just moved to the corner which is presumably where he should be on that play. He moved a bit slow, but what's so weird about it?

18. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Member

Just remembered I forgot to gag @ those Greg Smith pics.

19. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I haven't seen a replay, but from what I remember, they went over and he was down in pain so they left him alone. This is standard when it's an especially hard fall. You don't pick someone up right away when it's clear they need a few seconds to lay there and gather themselves. I don't know how anyone can perceive this as a slight to Jeremy.

1 person likes this.
  20. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

Where OP's post is concerned, while I do want to see a more assertive Jeremy Lin on the floor, I do not agree that he should get into any chemistry conflicts with his other team-mates.

We all know that some of his team-mates have a bit of a.... prima donna and entitlement attitude. But if Lin joins them in adopting such an attitude, this team is going to be nothing more than the next Sacramento Kings.

Jeremy being a level-headed chap alongside Garcia, Casspi and Brooks is great for bringing some balance to the team at least. If this team has any more Me-type characters, it will not be the Rockets that I love watching :(

Hopefully, as the season progresses, the star players (or at least THAT star player) will know that they are playing in a team of 5 against another team of 5, and team ball is the one that gets you all the way to a championship. And that they do not need to have the ball in their hands all the time... that they can be the finisher of plays rather than having to create plays all the time.

I do agree though, that Jeremy has to be slightly more.... imposing.... when he is on the court. He needs to find a way to make the ball move more, and to get the other lads to commit to defense as well. If that means that he has to dominate the ball for certain periods of time when he is on court, then I am all for it ;)