1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Hollywood did a version of this Bollywood song

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Ramu3, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Ramu3

Ramu3 Member

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0ECqdpmVMO0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0ECqdpmVMO0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

As you can see , there were many Indian actresses and actors in this Bollywood video .

Which actresses / actors would they have in the video if Hollywood did a version of this song ?

2. Ramu3

Ramu3 Member

For Ex:

Actresses - Megan Fox, Jessica Alba , Salma Hayek , etc ....

add some "older " actresses also .

Actors - Johnny Depp , Bradley Cooper, Robert Downey Jr, etc ...

"older" actors as well.

3. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

gay thread is gay

4. Ramu3

Ramu3 Member

Thank you for your extremely insightful input !

5. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

isnt that the case for any Bollywood video?

6. Ramu3

Ramu3 Member

Mostly , but there are people on this forum who probably have never heard of Bollywood before ...........

7. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

please forgive my ignorance, but ... Whats Bollywood? :confused:

--RB

8. worzel gummidge

That's movie looks awful. I might have to check it out.

The last Bollywood I had a chance to see was this:
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/h0wLxRjkP1A&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/h0wLxRjkP1A&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Of all the songs they could've copied they chose one of those terrible UK teenybopper songs from the early-90s.
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ul_hcxlA5KU&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ul_hcxlA5KU&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Movie industry in India that churns out extremely cheesy, formulaic movies. As far as I know, they are all musicals.

10. Ramu3

Ramu3 Member

Isnt Durvasa Sanskrit ? They are not really musicals , they are movies just like any other movies . There are 4-5 songs in each movie , of course songs and music have been part of the movies for a long time in that industry .

11. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

These indians don't look anything like the indians I know of.

12. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

no they are all a form of musicals I have yet to see an indian film that didn't have at least 3 songs in it. Just like how Aladdin, Lion King etc are types of musicals.

And no way are indian movies just like other indian movies, the average indian movie is well over 2 hours long. I would probably try to watch more but you have to plan to watch an Indian movie you cant just sit down one night and start watching unless you have nothing else to do.

13. Ramu3

Ramu3 Member

Ahh man trying to explain this will be long and hard , but there are South Indians and North Indians. North Indians on average look different from average South Indians. Mostly in the video are North Indians .

North Indians - looker fair , some look almost like "White " people.

South Indians - look darker on average , some are quite "dark " .

India- go from whitest to darkest in one whole damm country ! Lol :)

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I can't think of a Hollywood movie that is not a musical in which characters spontaneously sing and dance.

15. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

The only times i seen a white indian was in a bollywood movie. Sugerland is filled with south Indians I guess.

16. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

95% of them, yes. But recently there has been an "indie" movement to actually make art for a change and direct attention to social issues.

I also wanna point out that they actually are NOT musicals. I consider musicals to have music pertaining to the scene or situation in the movie/play. Bollywood movies just have music in them (ya most of them very formulaic and cheesy) that are put in just to show scantly covered hot women. So if you ever are high or wanna torture yourself and you watch a bollywood film, you'll notice that every 15 minutes or so, you'll all of a sudden see the actor/actress magically teleport to New Zealand or Switzerland dancing on the beach/mountain/jungle/etc. Then wham, back to the story.

Most annoying is the fact that 50% of the movies made are a copy of an older movie (mostly from Hollywood). Case in point: Partner. This movie was a complete copy of Hitch and even got sued by the producers of Hitch.

Some good bollywood movies that you might enjoy (literal definition):
    1) Lagaan (Property Tax)
    2) Taare Zameen Par (Stars on the Ground)

(yes I'm an Amir Khan fan)