1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Harden wasn't a Rocket would you still be a fan of James Harden's game?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fchowd0311, Apr 18, 2016.

?

If James Harden was never a Rocket would you still be a fan of his game as a NBA fan in general?

1. Yes, I would still be a fan of his game

98 vote(s)
    42.6%
  2. No, I only like him because he is a player on my favorite team

88 vote(s)
    38.3%
  3. I was never a fan of James Harden's game and wish he wasn't our best player

44 vote(s)
    19.1%
  1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

How do you think you would rank him if hypothetically he never was a Rocket and you just viewed him from a third party perspective? Would you find his game enjoyable to watch as a general fan of the NBA?

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I'm a Rockets fan and don't find his game enjoyable, think I'm not the only one.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

No.

Just the way Rockets fans didn't like Dwight Howard before he was a Rocket and won't be after he leaves. ;)

4. Harden's beard

I loved harden's game in okc and was stoked when he came here. I didn't know that the expanded touches wouldn't hurt his efficiency that much though. Although the defense is lacking I still like the man quite a bit.

5. ibm

ibm Member

I'm a Rockets fan and don't find his game enjoyable, think I'm not the only one.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Un-athletic and above average handles with average passing ability. His only elite skill is creating contact so yeah not very beautiful to watch.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Not at all.

DD

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I'd rather watch Kevin Martin play

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You guys are crazy if you think Harden isn't an immensely gifted player. It might not be pretty but it is effective. You don't find triple threat players often.

10. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

He's certainly more enjoyable to watch than Steve Francis, Yao Ming, or Kevin Martin, in addition to being a more productive player than all three. So I'm not gonna whine like a b**** about his game not being pretty enough, or perpetuate the asinine myth that his success is a product of refereeing, the way posters like PollosHermanos or the OP are so wont to do.

11. DaDakota

The question is "Would you be a fan of his game if he were not a Rocket"

Please try to keep up.

DD

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Not what this thread is about. Everyone can see the efg% and stuff like that, his game is still terrible to watch and not enjoyable.

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I would probably despise James Harden if he wasn't a Rocket.

Of course this is a quality of virtually all great players.

The only two "great" Western conference players I don't despise are basically Kevin Durant and Tim Duncan.

Don't hate Harden's game, hate the NBA for making Harden's game effective/encouraged.

14. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Other than his tumbling drives to the basket, I actually enjoy watching his step back game , I don't think there's any one better at the moment. What I like about it is he's added variations to it, ie. spin, side step, etc. Also, he's not the fastest but probably one of the most clever at getting to the basket. Easily splits double teams. The only part of his game I don't like are his forced ISOs but that can be managed if we had a decent coach.

15. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Yes - he's the homie.

16. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

I actually like his game and also like watching Steph Curry. Just like I loved watching Tmac

17. DaDakota

Here is the thing about Harden, he can be neutralized by a disciplined defender like Battier or Wes Mathews a couple of years ago.

He wants to go left, and he wants you to foul him, if you can limit him going left and play him straight up he struggles.

I am still not convinced we can win with him as the alpha player.

DD

18. dharocks

Name a more creative non-PG passer. It's mind-blowing to me that you guys aren't able to appreciate all of the insane skip passes Harden makes to open 3pt shooters. Not sure what's so terrible to watch about those.

19. dharocks

And yet you were convinced that we could win with Brooks, Wafer, and Budinger as our alphas.

1 person likes this.
  20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I liked his game in OKC, so yeah probably. But of course we can't know for sure. Just guessing.