1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Ewing was worth so much........?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Scarface, Nov 30, 2000.

Tags:
  1. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

If Ewing was worth so much to warrant the massive trade that sent him to Seattle and the contract he recieved what do you think Dream is worth this offseason.

------------------
    "We need to fockass".....Dream back in the day

2. Franchises' Team

Ewing aint worth a damn. Faulkem' is his agent, a players market value goes up just because of that. Why? I guess the thinking is Faulkem' wouldnt be representing the guy if he wasnt a top tier player, right. With Ewing proving that this theory isnt true, I hope the Rockets dont get Faulked buy him and MoMoney at the end of the season.

------------------
    I'ma need more than 6 and a half rebounds a game from the PF

3. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Ewing had solid numbers last year for a center, much less an aging one. How can you say he is worth nothing?

15 points, 10 boards, and 1.35 blocks is pretty solid. He is with a new team for the first time in his NBA career, give him some time. Plus, there is a bit of turmoil going on over there.

I don't like him much either, but give the old man credit!

------------------
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

4. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

Thats not true Franchise. Faulk is not as powerful as he once was with MJ out of the game, so is the super-agent. Seattle wanted Ewing out of desire not because of David Faulk. So that brings me back to my question, what would Dream be worth this offseason?

------------------
    "We need to fockass".....Dream back in the day

5. RickQuick

RickQuick Member

Was Ewing worth it? Depends on if you count cap space. $15 million of it at the end of the year, and Chris Webber available. And who knows, maybe they'll even a decent season this year...Funny how two great centers, Ewing and Hakeem, could be available for a mid-level exception next year...... The Knicks screwed themselves on this deal. They won't have cap space till Florida is through with its recounts.....

------------------

6. Moe

Moe Contributing Member

I don't know, and I don't wanna know.

------------------