1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

i7 Help

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by roslolian, Dec 24, 2011.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Hi All, maybe you can answer my questions regarding my laptop.

I recently bought a Toshiba Satellite A505. As far as I can tell the specs say it has an I7 (intel) CPU Q720@1.6GHZ. However when I tried to play Space Marine the cd is saying my laptop is too slow to play it.

Isn't i7 supposed to be among the higher end of the laptop processors already? Even my windows experience score for processor is 6.7 (out of a possible 7.9). Is there some kind of turbo boost function I'm not using? Space Marine isn't exactly a super high end game, which is why I don't know why my processor is too slow for it...

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

Could be the video card. what is your rating on video?

3. Warning-Sign

Warning-Sign Member

Most likely the video card. Laptops don't usually include high-end graphics cards. All other processes will be fast, except for graphics. What card does it have?

4. ICanDunkOnYao

ICanDunkOnYao Member

Assuming you have a Satellite A505-S6033, the NVIDIA GeForce 310M should be more than sufficient to run the game. Can you post a screenshot of the error message?

5. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Also, how much RAM do you have? The on board video may be sharing it's memory with the system memory.

6. Chinahype

Chinahype Member

screw what the cd says and just play the game and see how it runs

7. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

How old is the game, maybe the game is not compatible with 64 bit (asuming your laptop is x64)

Sometimes software such as games gives random errors when it shows an error and doesnt recognize what it really is.

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Hey guys thanks for the replies. My laptop is a straight-out-of-the-box A505 (the one with i7 720QM), but the video card is 310M so no problems there.

The game I'm referring is was just released this year Warhammer 40k: Space Marines. Based entirely on specs I SHOULD be able to play it, but when I installed it "red flagged" my processor because it said my i7 only has 1.6ghz, minimum requirement is a core 2 duo 2.0 ghz. I actually ignored the message and tried to play it, but the game just crashes. I can't post any pics because I so angry my brand spankin-new i7 laptop couldn't play a ****ty game I ragequit and broke the cd in half. So basically I'm not really worried about playing that game anymore, I'm just wondering if there's some kind of turbo boost feature I have turned off or something.

I also experienced something similar with the Blood Bowl: legendary edition game, it keeps saying my pc has low specs (again because it has 1.6 ghz, the requirement is 2.0 ghz). So yeah, is a core 2 duo 2.0 really better than my i7 1.6 ghz? LOL wtf is up with that?

9. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

10. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Even though you raqequit and broke the CD, you may be able to register the key via Steam and download the game. You can also download the game via a torrent and just use your CD key to make it legit.

I'd submit a thread on the official support forums, there has to be a hack to get around that check.