1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I was robbed. Must vent.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by HAYJON02, Oct 13, 2006.

1. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Beautiful weather out isn't it? I thought so when I left my living room windows open last night and passed out at like 2AMish after work. I was watching The Office on my new X-BOX 360 and went to check on my girlfriend, which of course led to me going to bed for the night (our 1 year anniversary tomorrow). This morning I woke up at 7 and immediately think "Oh [Bob Saget], the windows were open." Of course, I check and my X-Box 360 is gone. Along with most of my DVDs, games, my OLD X-Box and my cell phone.

Aren't people great?

Anyone else want to talk about how horrible people are with me? We could talk about any horrible people, not just thieves. :)

Happy Friday the 13th too. Sheesh.

2. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

****ty man :(

ive been robbed too - at gunpoint in my own house - austins finest never caught the people (not that they tried very hard, but if you live in austin you know apd are morons)

its a horrible feeling - 8 years ago and i still think about it all the time.

the most important thing is that you and your girlfriend are safe - there are alot of crazy people out there. all that other stuff is replaceable.

3. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

I had a thief steal everything I owned once. EVERYTHING. I came home one day after work and my entire house was empty. I never got anything back either, nor did insurance cover it. Even my kids were gone, not to be seen for 8 months!

I filed for divorce the very next day!

4. huypham

huypham Contributing Member

that COMPLETELY blows.

I hope you have insurance. People can suck, but I'm glad everyone is safe.

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

That sucks, but like some others have said, just be glad you're OK. Could have been a LOT worse.

I was robbed at gunpoint when I worked at a bank back in 2000. The guy jumped the counter and stuck the gun against my left temple. I was the only guy, so I guess I was his only threat. Not a fun day.

6. jo mama

yeah, not a good feeling - the guys that robbed me kicked in my door at 3 in the morning and i was asleep - woke up with a pistol to my head (talk about a rude awakening). he had the gun to my head for the whole time his buddies were taking everything out of my apartment, telling the dude to "waste" me over and over.

7. HAYJON02

It is just stuff, but it makes you feel sick ya know? I can kind of laugh about it only because I realize it could've been a lot worse. I didn't hear anything bc my fan was on, which is good bc I dont want to think what I would've done if I caught the guy. If someone's trying to take over a thousand worth of stuff, I'm going to want to hurt him in a major way. It was probably another student from my complex or some punk on Riverside. Eh, oh well. Teresa's ok and I'm angry but fine. I have the serial number for the 360 so maybe I'll check pawn shops today. They didn't even take the controller batteries or charger. Good luck playing that today, jerks.

I have to buy an anniversary present today. Hopefully I calm down before I have to go to class.

8. jo mama

my robbery happened in that area - some apts off east oltorff, behind that restaurant wan foo (if its still there).

stay off the east side yo!

9. HAYJON02

I should have a Wanfu frequent diner card.

The east side is pretty bad but even murders happen on west campus. I'm pretty sure a third of the people I know at UT have had their cars broken into. People are just as awesome everywhere.

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I remember reading about that in another post of yours. Having it happen in a public place is one thing, but in your own home....that's a whole different animal. I can't even imagine how scared you must have been.

Do you have a family? Wife and/or kids? Did you at the time? As bad as that was, obviously it could have been much worse.

11. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    I hope believe in Karma

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You were robbed while you were in the house?? ****. That would totally freak me out. And I have nothing to base this on (except personal experience many years ago), but I bet it was someone you know.

13. Roxfan73

Roxfan73 Rookie

Damn! I used to live in those apts back in 95. I had my stereo receiver, NES, TECMO SUPER BOWL, and my CD player stolen.

Oh, and they also ate all my leftover pizza too!

14. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

15. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Ha, I just moved back to Houston after living right across the street from Wan Fu. I don't think a night went by when the cops weren't chillin' in my parking lot, handling another domestic disturbance.

My roommate and I used to walk up to the store all the time and say to each other, "When you're hungry, you WAN FU!"

16. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Dude...Sorry to here about that...

17. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Oh man I'm sorry to hear that.. I've been fortunate enough not to have experienced anything major like that. I guess this could be a lesson for me to close everything up and tight before I sleep, cus I love to have windows open too. Glad everyone survived to tell your stories.

18. jo mama

no, i was a single college student. i was lucky in that i had band practice that night and i usually brought all my stuff home with me afterwards, but that night i didnt. that would have been about $1000 worth of gear they would have gotten too, but for some reason my laziness paid off that night.

they also missed my acoustic guitar, which my grandpa bought me as my first guitar 16 years ago. its still the only acoustic ive ever owned. its usually out on its stand as i play everyday, but for some reason i had it in its case behind my closet door, so the theives never even saw it.

19. jo mama

definately nobody i knew - a young lady had come knocking on my door at 2:30 in the morning that night, but i was asleep so as she was leaving some random dude came out of some other apartments and was trying to talk her up and followed her out to the parking lot - she was very creeped out.

so when the guys broke into my house i was woken up to the guy with the gun going "i saw my girlfriend come in here, where is she, where is she!"

its not hard to put it together - when he saw her leaving after no answer he figured nobody was home so him and his buddies figured they would have an easy score. it was only about 15 minutes after the girl left that they broke in.

sorry to derail the thread - basic theme though - i hate thieves!

20. jo mama

after i got robbed i got a black lab - best security investment ever!

nobody will ever sneak up on me again.