1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Regret...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by OmegaSupreme, Jul 22, 2003.

Tags:
  1. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Member

1. i tried out for the basketball team my freshman year in highschool and got cut on the last day. i regret quitting the basketball team my sophomore year simply because... i was scared. although i was already good, i regret not putting forth enough effort on the track team. i could have really done something with that.

2. coming out in the my sophomore year of college. biggest mistake of my life so far. it's made it a lot more difficult.

3. buying this friggin ipod. i'm scared of downloading music after reading what all of you post on here.

4. applyng for credit cards while in college. sheesh. :eek: fell for the trap. down to one now though. :)

5. i regret staying on clutch bbs for so long. seriously... it's more than habit forming if you don't have friends. sigh... i have to cut back.

:( :( :(

where's that bottle of vodka...

2. bamaslammer

bamaslammer Member

1. Not banging what's-her-name. Like George Carlin said.......

2. Not spending enough time with my children when they were babies.

Otherwise......I'm regret-free. My life couldn't have gone any better than it has so far.

3. Oski2005

Oski2005 Member

I regret that there are things in my life I regret.

4. CRC

CRC Member

I regret my regrets on a number of things... especially about relationships...

5. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Member

i knew you'd say that at some point in time.

6. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Amen to that.

I also regret not taking rehab seriously after knee surgery and letting myself slip into abyssmal Oliver Miller shape.

7. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

having but one life to give to my country....
    :p

8. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

Having but one Rockets2K to sacrifice for my country...

;)

9. Rileydog

Rileydog Member

question from a new father. what if you had to make sacrifices in your career to have had more time to spend with the babies? knowing what you know now, would you hop in the time machine and make those sacrifices to spend more time?

it's a quandry b/c the financial success and stability is good for the kiddos when they get older.

10. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I would not regret sacrificing myself for MacBeth when he doesnt have time for all the pronstars thowing themselves at his feet...

:p:D

11. FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon Member

I regret that I still can get my driver license, because I fail it 3 times because I show them my driving skill the wrong way, and now I have to wait 6 months before I can take it again because I lost my fricking old permitt.

I regret that I spent way too much time online

I regret that peoples in CLUTCH BBS don't like me, they think I'm annoying. I regreat many hot girls always stare at me because I'm look too handsome.

There will be more to come soon.

12. studogg

studogg Member

and I know just what I'd change, If I could go back in time some how.

But there's nothin I can do about it now

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

OS, I saw the thread title and I thought you might be having second thoughts about all the YoYao pics. I should have known better. :D

-I regret not following my best friend to Berklee College of Music when I was in college and had the chance. I wussed out. He's now living in LA and doing film scores. I was better than him. :mad:

-I regret breaking up with my girlfriend for a fling. The girlfriend is now married with kids. I don't even know what happened to the fling. But man, was she good in the sack.

I had a lot more but I've since atoned for them all, so I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

14. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

You want to be my stunt double? Cause if I told you some of the stuff that;s been going on, and with whom....:D

15. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I would be as effective of a stunt double as the stunt doubles for Lone Star, Princess Vespa, and Dot Matrix in Spaceballs...

for those that haven't seen that masterpiece....what's wrong with you?

:D

16. DrewP

DrewP Member

I regret nothing.

Regret is a waste of time.

17. outlaw

outlaw Member

what happened? hang in there man. It gets easier in time.

18. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Member

i certainly hope so.

too long of a story... not that most here would want to hear something like that anyway.

19. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Member

do you want to see how lame i really am?

i left for a while to go to this place here in atlanta called the majestic. it's an old greasy spoon place with more loners, like myself, than the waffle house (by the way, i live 5 minutes walking distance from the first waffle house ever here in avondale estates).

anyway, i say that i'm lame because i was actually thinking about this bbs while there. more specifically (sp?) about your problem, crc. not to hijack my own thread or anything, but you actually adjusted your studies and moved to another country for this chick? damn.

well, on the way to the majestic i was listening to my coldplay cd. needless to say it was of course late at night and rainy outside, so coldplay is what you have to listen to under this circumstance. first i listened to "politik" (3 times in a row), then "god put a smile on your face" (two times in a row), and then "the scientist". that's when it hit me... crc, this is what you need to do:

download "the scientist" from somewhere, burn it to a cd (with only that song on the cd), find something small/inexpensive that would have sentimental value to her (a movie ticket stub or something really cheesy that would make her smile), and then mail both the cd and the other item to her. along with both of those, also send a piece of paper saying something really brief... like "i still remember the good times that we shared" or somethig like that. send all of that stuff to her. ;)

(sorry... the red wine is working on me now.)

"the scientist" has to be possibly the best "we broke up, but let's start over" song ever created. take a look at the lyrics...

Come up to meet you, tell you I'm sorry
    You don't know how lovely you are

I had to find you
    Tell you I need you
    Tell you I set you apart

Tell me your secrets
    And ask me you questions
    Oh let's go back to the start

Running in circles
    Coming in tales
    Heads are a science apart

Nobody said it was easy
    It's such a shame for us to part
    Nobody said it was easy
    No one ever said it would be this hard

Oh take me back to the start

I was just guessing
    At numbers and figures
    Pulling your puzzles apart

Questions of science
    Science and progress
    Do not speak as loud as my heart

Tell me you love me
    Come back and haunt me
    Oh and I rush to the start

Running in circles
    Chasing tails
    And coming back as we are

Nobody said it was easy
    Oh it's such a shame for us to part
    Nobody said it was easy
    No one ever said it would be so hard

I'm going back to the start

now you can't tell me that that doesn't sound exactly like the relationship that you had with her.

i dunno. it's worth a try i guess.

damn... you see! i stay on this damn bbs to f'ing much if i'm thinking about other people's problems that i've never met before while trying to live my own life. sheesh... get a f'ing life, omega.

20. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Oh yeah. Another huge regret- not fully utilizing my time the last few years to pursue my dream career. Always tomorrow I suppose...