1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I love this squad; win or lose I have the utmost respect for this team.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OlajuwonFan81, May 21, 2015.

1. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Man they have even proven me wrong. I never thought we'd make the conference finals especially with Howard and his health. What a resilient bunch..I know we lost 2 tough games against the best team in the league arguably but wow what an effort down 8 points with just over a minute to go.

As BimaThug says all we need to do is win 1 game on their court and take care of home court. It's clear as day we can compete with the Warriors....they are definitely beatable especially if we have a healthy Howard punishing down low.

Keep ya head up. It's been an incredible run....lets take care of business at home this weekend and keep it going!

3 people like this.
  2. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Wow, this is a great day for ClutchFans posters! Hats off to OP. The real fans are showing up tonight.

3. Man

Man Contributing Member

We can definitely beat them. Some less biased officiating at home, fight through this. Harden may not be able to keep this up at the same pace, but we can shut down Curry, and they got nothin else. If Dwight can get healthier, our big men should decimate them inside.

4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Rockets are reppin the city well.

They've made the CFs.... in historic fashion.

Their play against GS has defied Vegas and opinions.

They've increased their argument for #top5nbafranchise

5. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

I think we have proven we can compete with them. It's just a matter of keeping up this intensity and playing smart basketball i.e. keep turnovers down and play disciplined defense.

1 person likes this.
  6. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

I hope 90% of this team stays together next year, if they keep playing together....

7. newAge_Rockets

Yeah, win or lose I'm so very proud of this team. Our starting point guard is out, leaving two 38 year olds the task of defending the MVP.

We're also missing D-Mo, one of the most elite low post scorer in the NBA (and also a great complement to Dwight and solid team defender.

This team has shown the heart of a champion, and I'd be more than happy to bring almost all of these guys back next year and just hope for a little better injury luck.

But first let's try to Get back in this thing

Clutch City!!

1 person likes this.
  8. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks for posting... This one hurts... Brings back that 97 three from John feelings... I could live with last year's Lillard shot.

As a friend said, we still have games to play. Just stings a bit.

9. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Totally agree...They are totally competing and playing very hard...and good things happen to such teams...keep fighting...keep clawing. Sometimes, those persistent times ring thru.

I just think many of us, including myself, were totally disheartened by the blow outs we suffered vs LAC. They have played with heart so far...And your breaks will come...just need to go out there and compete.

10. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

clutch city 2 you guys. all they did was hold home court, now it's our turn to do the same. james is channeling in his inner hakeem, and i have confidence in him to turn it up even MORE at home. let's believe. for everyone going to games 3 and 4, toyota center better be rocking!!!

11. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Rockets will win the next 2 at home. This team is so close and it's frustrating to give these 2 games away

12. JHL85

JHL85 Member

Glad to see Harden proving who the real MVP is and Howard not being slowed by the injury! Let's even things up back at home!!

13. IvanLCPM

IvanLCPM Member

Unbeliavable!!! I was expecting a full clutchfans meltdown. I guess we all understand now this team wont give up no matter what. Go rockets!

14. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Harden was Godlike. Howard played like a star.
    But the rest of the team...???

Did you see the ESPN stat at the end of the game?? Rockets players besides Howard and Harden shot a combined 16 of 52 from the field. I don't know what percentage that is off hand, but it's not good. And most of those Rocket makes were break away dunks off of dumb GS turnovers. Josh Smith was horrible: yes, he had a few assists, but the majority of his passes seemed to end up in the front row. Terry is a one trick pony. Prigioni played poorly. Jones started well, then cooled off. Capela didn't do much. Ariza was decent. No one besides Harden and Howard exceeded expectations in this game.

It was Hero Ball every time down the floor for Harden...and he really came through. Without Harden we would have lost by 30.

This wasn't a team effort. This was Harden playing like an MVP.

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

Believe you me, there are still people calling for Harden's head because of the last play, Smith because of overall play, etc.

Just glad the forum isn't on total meltdown like after the Clippers series' games 1, 4 and 5.

16. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I'm satisfied with the season. Making it to the WCF is something to build on next season. That being said, I'm still pissed about game 2. I'll probably be pissed about it until next season honestly if we lose this series.

Taking a step back, yea we accomplished some good things this season, but damn I'm pissed about that last game.

17. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

Harden has destroyed Klay Thompson in both games... remmeber when people said thompson was on his level

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Agreed . .. . . .

This is not a Thread for the "Wishy Washy Down 3-1 to Clippers Dogging your team So Called Rocket Fans"

Rocket River

19. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

Yeah I'll sign, I'm so gutted but so proud

20. juanm34

juanm34 Member

They've really stepped it up. Just sux we are down DMo and PBev, but injuries are part of this game. We just have to keep on battle fighting until this series is over.