1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I just admire the hell out of the FO

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Francis3422, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I moved to Houston in 2005 and IIRC that is the year we went to the WS and lost... Of course I was pulling for the hometown team but was much, much more a football and basketball person. My interest fell off again until we began to suck. Never watched games but always kept up with the process of drafting high and tanking to rebuild. The rebuild was done correctly and we are reaping the benefits. Most of the moves we have made have worked out and they have never failed to add a signficant upgrade when we really have a shot at it. As soon as Correa got up to the ML I began to watch and I am really liking baseball more and more as I get older.

Anyway............

I was a bit dissapointed @ 3:59PM today. I understood that we were good enough already but I was looking for that big move to give us separation. Bringing in Sanchez and the reliever version of Iman Shumpert was fine for me but I found myself wanting the move that was going to separate us from NY/LA/ATL(who I think is a darkhorse team to go to WS). The entire organization deserves a tremendous amount of credit for the success they have had and will have in the future. They have built a dynasty.

2. Mattician

Mattician Member

From the players they've drafted, the trades they've made.. they continue to impress me as well.

I'm thankful for Jim Crane and Jeff Luhnow. Gave the city it's first World Series win and aren't satisfied with just one.

BallSoHarden and CometsWin like this.
  3. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

It's completely insane how they execute the gameplan basically every time.

Two hours ago we were all thinking nothing would happen. Some people were contemplating whether holding onto Tucker would hurt out chances of winning the World Series this year (even though we all thought we had a really good chance as is anyway).

Then we were hit with an absolute bombshell... and then we all realized they did it without giving up Tucker and Whitley.

Lunhow has ice in his veins. I'm just afraid at some point he is going to screw over so many GMs that NOBODY will trade with him.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

This is truly a special time for the astros both with the collection of players and FO. it won't last forever so I'll sure as hell be enjoying it for the time being though.