1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I am just.. blown.. ehwey [Cell Phones]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Honey Bear, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

With the new Nokia Lumia 920. It has windows 8 and is the future as I've always seen it. Live tiles. Quality camera. Super fast and fluid and integrated - I've made it my primary phone. The Note 2 has been relegated to secondary line.

My private line is the HTC One X - mainly used for females.

The iphone 5 feels like a woman's deodorant can, unusually thin and long and light. I've used previous iphones and am sick of how cluttered and small the icons are, as well as the microscopic keypad. The apple OS is a thing of the past. It's funny how much groupthink goes on with apple fanboys in an effort to feel suave or intelligent.

The S3 is a nice size and moves quickly, but it's too cartoony and kiddish. It's not for the sophisticated man of today.

HTC One X is the best of the rest because the LCD screen is soft on the eyes. Good for sexting and that's why it's my private line. Rest of the market is too boxy, generic and settling for less to get value for $ instead of going all out for the best.

Only other phone that compares is the Galaxy note 2, and that's more of a white collar office phone. Not for street hustlers or guys who move around without briefcases. Then again, I have big hands so I can handle it.

Ya feel.

2. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

3. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

WOOO! YEAH!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GC5E8ie2pdM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

YOU'RE SIMPLY THE BEST

BETTER THAN ALL THE REST

4. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

apple sucks!! i agree

5. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Loving my 920 as well. What color did you go with? You sound like a White kind of guy in my opinion.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I hate tiles. Clutter. Ugh.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

LOL

Rocket River

8. VanityHalfBlack

Look up top at Tags, lol....

9. Treeza

Treeza Member

"Private line for females, sexting"

We get it.

10. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Where did this Honey Bear stuff come from?

11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Can't get into windows 8 phones... Four main reasons

1. HORRIBLE Notification system. If you missed it the first time you have to manually figure out you have a missed call, text, email etc

2. Live tiles are WORTHLESS. Humans do not scan data like it is presented in live tiles naturally. The tiles refresh slowly so appointments, emails etc that are on live tiles only refresh one at a time. Widgets are far more useful and practical since you can display an entire list of appointments, emails etc. Its way more robust.

3. Multi tasking sucks

4. Small ecosystem compared to ios and android. THough its not the os's fault. Its just newer. Android had this problem initially.

Other than that Windows phone 8 is has an elegant and unique UI that is smooth. But compared to android it just isn't as robust and powerful.

12. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

I don't care if you changed your username, I'm still going to post this

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

I agree with this. There is definite room for improvement.

I actually really like the tiles. I was so sick of iOS icon based system.

I definitely agree with this. I hate the multitasking so far. Hopefully they will get this fixed because I see it as a big problem.

I expect this to get better but you are correct as well.

I have little experience with Android but tons with iOS. My biggest worry is that M$ will not invest the time and effort to remediate the issues described above. If they do then I think it will be fantastic.

One thing that baffles me is the lack of HTML5 support in IE. I routinely see that I cannot view a video because of no Flash or HTML5. It was a huge WTF?

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Windows mobile? Wonderful...
    If you are technically illiterate and just want something pretty to stare at.

I just don't understand windows mobile's appeal. :confused:

15. Garner

Garner Member

Has a Windows fan boy ever given a review without using the word "Apple"?

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

One issue that Microsoft has is the longer time it takes windows phone to gain steam the harder it will be for converts to their OS. More and more people are sticking with their ecosystem (ios or android) People will be reluctant to switch. All those paid apps, time invested in apple or google apps wasted.

17. ontherox21

ontherox21 Member

I have no idea what you mean by 'manually figuring out' it you missed something. If you missed something you press the power button to bring up the lock screen. The lock screen shows you what you missed. You can even set up the lock screen to show your next appointment, the subject of the last email received, who's call you missed, etc.. Its not nearly as bad as you say it is.

As far as the live tiles go, I like them. To each his own, but to say that calendar info refreshes is false. The calendar tile isn't even a live tile. It always shows your next appointment. The email and message tiles only show the number of new emails or messages.

WP8 is by no means perfect, but I like it. My biggest complaint is that they messed up the music set up. The Zune set up with wp7 worked great. It wirelessly synced up perfect with what was on my computer. The Zune desktop software was great for organizing music and now that they have it all set up with the wp8 desktop client, it sucks.

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

19. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

I enjoy iPhones for the simplicity since its the best phone for the user, not the best phone out there. I have my nike app to run, iTunes does the job for music and I have an app to download smaller artists' music/mixtapes. Being able o go to a store that every mall is nice when I have issues with my phone is nice too. (I rarely have those though)

In summary, I'm typing this on an iPhone 4 that's running 2 years strong (getting the iPhone 5 next month). The phone fits my needs and the common needs of the masses.

Yes, your phone may have more powerful internals, or a few more camera features. It may have factor X, Y, and Z... But android phones get left in the dust to die when their successor phone or androids latest os comes out.

Windows is like Marx's communism throughout history, great in theory but not practice. Never executed quite well.

But at the end of the day everyones a hypocrite fan boy. When people 'ohh and ahh' at your phone you show it off and recommend it- but there are also those instances where you hate your phone and curse at it. I know I can't be the only one who does this.

20. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

I don't get excited about a phone. Maybe I'm just too old. I've also never been a vendor specific fanboy, and I especially don't like the walled garden approach to computing in general.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to look for a distribution of Linux to install on my Macbook. :)