1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I-45 Fatality at Woodlands Parkway Overpass

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ScolaIsBallin, Oct 19, 2012.

1. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

RIP.. This guy taught me how to play guitar and he was really nice. Sad story.

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Man-changing-flat-tire-falls-to-his-death-on-I-45-174801401.html

A well known music instructor in The Woodlands area is being remembered by the community as a caring man who taught through passion.

Larry Asher died in a freak accident in The Woodlands on Thursday morning.

Investigators said it started with a flat tire change on an elevated ramp at The Woodlands Parkway and Interstate 45.

Asher’s spare began rolling off the bridge. That’s when he reportedly reached out and fell to his death.

“I was talking to him last night, right here where we are standing, and now he’s gone,” said Kevin Matta, who owns a hair salon across from Asher’s business.

Asher taught music for over 30 years. He was well known in the community for his guitar lessons.

He ran Pro Music Instruction on Sawdust in Spring with two close friends. The business was closed on Thursday, and surrounding business owners were in shock over the news.

“We went back and forth. I own this business he owns that business. Every time we spoke, he seemed like a genuinely good person,” explained Ervin West, another neighboring business owner.

Police say several witnesses saw Asher fall, but it happened so quickly there was nothing they could do to help

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

How did he fall off by reaching for a tire? :confused:

3. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

Oh man what a terrible place to get a flat tire at...poor guy seemed like a good person

4. tharges

tharges Member

Hate to hear that, man the way life leads you. You never know what you may encounter. Sorry for the loss of your friend.

5. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iDA3NcuUNLo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is him playing the guitar.. Damn watching that makes me so sad

6. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I heard about this on the news. Sad news indeed. I can't figure out how this happened though. He reached for a tire that was rolling off the bridge? I assume there is a guard rail or cement barrier on the bridge, so I don't know how the tire was rolling off and how he went over the barrier. Very sad.

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Fell to his death reaching for a tire? Certainly confusing journalism there. Did the poor guy fall off the bridge? Or reach into on coming traffic?

8. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

The irony here is that I would rather fall to my death than try to change a tire.

1 person likes this.
  9. plates300

plates300 Member

I saw this as I was driving south bound on 45 that morning. I didn't see him fall but all I saw was a spare tire drop out of nowhere onto the freeway. Everyone ahead of me stopped and I couldn't figure out why. Crazy way to go out. RIP.

10. SacTown

SacTown Member

What is the world coming to when a man cant change his own tire. Smh

11. Granville

Granville Member

I drive on that overpass all the time. So sad.

Too bad he didn't just drive on the flat till he could get to a safer spot to change the tire. You will ruin the tire that went flat but be in a lot safer position to change the tire.

12. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Awesome.

13. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

Stupid is not necessarily ironic. It's just stupid.

14. vaioavan63

vaioavan63 Contributing Member

I thought it was common sense to always change a tire on a flat level surface? RIP