1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Howard Eskin: Bynum’s Injury Perhaps More Serious Than Sixers Indicate

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clips/Roxfan, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

By Spike Eskin

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Andrew Bynum will miss all of Sixers training camp, and will likely not see any playing time during preseason games as he rests his knees. According to the team, Bynum not playing is a precautionary measure “in order to maximize the therapeutic effects of the Orthokine therapy he received earlier this month.”

The Sixers did also say that Bynum was “diagnosed with a bone bruise of the medial femoral chondyle of his right knee.”

94WIP’s Howard Eskin says that he is “getting the sense there is a more serious injury with Andrew Bynum’s knee than the Sixers are telling us. I will go as far as saying I think the Lakers may have given the Sixers damaged goods.”

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/story/19781304/eskin-lakers-may-have-given-76ers-damaged-goods-in-bynum

Bynum did tell Comcast Sportsnet’s Dei Lynam earlier this week, “I feel pretty good and I am definitely getting better. I just really have been trying to get down the offense because it is brand new.”

http://www.csnphilly.com/basketball...meshing-with-Collin?blockID=785907&feedID=694

Bynum’s knee problems have been well documented throughout his career, but he managed to remain healthy for most of the 2011-12 season for the Lakers.

The Sixers play their first preseason game, sans Bynum, Thursday night in Orlando against the Magic.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...ry-perhaps-more-serious-than-sixers-indicate/

2. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

3. rocketier1

rocketier1 Member

All the more reason why I'm glad we kept our young guns, dude has glass knees.

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

His contract is expiring anyway in the offseason and he's not extended so Philly isn't totally screwed.

But of course, the operative news is it looks like the Lakers, once again, get an all star player in his prime for almost nothing.

1 person likes this.
  5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

How awesome would it be if Lakers get busted for intentionally hiding his injury and the trade gets revoked. Dwight stuck for a year in Orlando and Lakers ending up with no center would be hilarious.

6. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

The Lakers got an injured Dwight for an injured Bynum and they still won the trade.

7. trowa

trowa Member

i wouldnt say that. who knows if dwight howard will ever be the same again.

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Hold on. The author "Spike" Eskin is quoting is father "Howard Eskin."

That's weird.

9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

The trade would have got killed on the physical the Sixers gave Bynum. The Sixers knew that Bynum's knee was jacked when they traded for him. He isn't getting experimental treatment done in Germany just for the sake of fun. Additionally, the bone bruise in that location can be an indication of thinning cartilage as well. Things aren't looking good for Bynum.

10. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

hehe not in this NBA. worst case, the Lakers end up giving up a 2nd rounder like the OKC for Green. But I doubt it even gets that far. Bynum's knees weren't a big secret.

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

^^
    I know, but the thought is great...

12. da_juice

da_juice Member

Especially not with Howard creating such a big fuss in LA.

13. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

On top of whatever knee issues he my have, he looks completely out of shape. He probably couldn't do much work this summer because of the procedure. It could be a long road back to peak form.

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Before any trade was made, I read a couple of places the Magic wanted no part of Bynum because of concerns about his knees.

15. trowa

trowa Member

bynum needs to lose some of his body fat. he is becoming like shaq

16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

That's what you get for bending over and taking one up the butt so the Lakers can have another dynasty. Nubs.

17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

:eek: Wow, this was totally predictable.

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

No sht.

[​IMG]

Even his fro is crooked.

[​IMG]

#18 RV6, Oct 10, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  19. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Isn't he busy filming the last season of the office and the critically acclaimed sequel to hot tub time machine?

1 person likes this.
  20. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

The Lakers are pathetic

but the Magic are stupid for giving up Dwight, and taking a lesser deal

Im glad the Sixers goofed, thats karma

also i expect the Magic to recieve #1 overall in the coming years, and not because they are going to suck