1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How Was The Downtown Practice?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Wink#3, Oct 29, 2000.

1. Wink#3

Wink#3 Member

I wasn't able to go to the practice they had on saturday the 28th so I just wanted to know how did it go and was it exciting to watch and since u got to see the rockets in person who looks like they have gotten better and do the rookies look good?

------------------
    Rasheeba Thompson

2. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

It was cool. They honestly took it very easy because they were using a sport court which is just a thin layer of this plastic/foam stuff over the concrete.

I'm sure they didn't want to blow out any knees or anything.

The whole event was fun though. Plenty of places to dunk a basketball or get free stuff. Pretty cool all around.

------------------
    Save Our Rockets and Comets
    SaveOurRockets.com

3. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Member

I got Francis to autograph a jersey [​IMG]

------------------
    Fun Police Says:

1. Stupid threads & Stupid BBS names are not FUN!
    2. Conduct yourself in a FUN way!

The Fun Police are Watching.
    Vote for the Rockets & Have FUN!

4. raww

raww Member

I had a great time. Got Francis to sign a basketball card. Also got autographs from Mobley and Kenny Thomas.

Kenny Thomas was actually pretty nice to a fan in front of me. In order to get a autograph from a player, you had to have this color piece of paper. Depending on what color you had, depends on the player you can get an autograph from. Anyway this lady in front of me didn't have her paper, so the security guard was like "you can't get a autograph unless you have the paper..." but Kenny said "that's okay, let her through." I just thought that was cool of him.

------------------
    RAWW
    Paid for by the Frudy T. Gin and Juice Daquari Factory.

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Is it just me, or is the NBA more accessible to their fans?

------------------
    When you make an assumption, you make an ass out of yourself and umption.

visit www.swirve.com

6. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Member

I was so busy looking for a Hakeem or Francis's colored paper that all my others went to waste. I finally was able to get a Francis paper. It cost me $10. But when I got Francis's auto everyone else left [​IMG]

------------------
    Fun Police Says:

1. Stupid threads & Stupid BBS names are not FUN!
    2. Conduct yourself in a FUN way!

The Fun Police are Watching.
    Vote for the Rockets & Have FUN!

7. txrockfan

txrockfan Member

I was able to get autographs from Steve Francis, Moochie Norris, Cuttino Mobley, and Mo Taylor. It was alot of fun and couple of us were able to help Jeff spread the word about early voting, and voting yes for the new arena.