1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How to watch replays of all Rockets games in crystal clear HD

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Nov 4, 2013.

1. bmd

bmd Member

Apparently, there is some exploit in the NBA's replay streaming links. This does NOT work for LIVE games, but only for replays of games.

Step 1: If you don't have VLC media player, go download VLC media player. It's just a program like Windows Media Player. No big deal.

Step 2: Copy this link into wordpad, or somewhere where you can edit it:

http://nlds120.cdnl3nl.neulion.com/nlds_vod/nba/vod/A/B/C/D/2_D_E_F_2013_h_whole_1_G.mp4 (You have to click the link to show the entire URL.)

Step 3: That link is a template. You will need to replace "A", "B", "C", "D", "E", "F", and "G" with what I'm going to tell you in step 4.

Step 4:

A Year played

B Month

C Date played (If it's a day such as the 5th, enter 05)

D NBA League Pass ID (I'll show you how to find that on step 5)

E Away team initials (you can find that on the NBA website. Ex: HOU, MIA, etc.)

F Home team initials (you can find that on the NBA website Ex: HOU, MIA, etc.)

G Bitrate (These range from 400, 800, 1600, 3000, 4500 - from lowest quality to highest)

Step 5: How to find the NBA League Pass ID: Go to this link:

http://www.nba.com/gameline/20131102/

Now, click on the date of the game you want to watch. Find the game and hover your mouse pointer over "Watch game on NBA League Pass" right beneath the score of the game.

You should see a little URL pop up. I use Firefox, and it's in the bottom left hand corner of my screen. Take note of the numbers after the 00's at the beginning. Once you've found the ID replace both D's with the number. If you don't know what I'm talking about (this is an example. Don't copy the ID because the ID is for this game only):

[​IMG]

Step 6: Finally, open up the VLC player. Click "Media", then "Open Network Stream", then paste the URL, and then click play. Give it up to 1 minute to load! It may look like it's doing nothing... like it's just a black screen. But just give it literally 1 or 2 minutes, and it will start playing if your URL is correct.

Here is an example URL for the Houston Rockets vs. Utah Jazz game on Saturday:

http://nlds120.cdnl3nl.neulion.com/...38/2_21300038_HOU_UTA_2013_h_whole_1_3000.mp4 (You may have to click the link for it to show the entire URL).

18 people like this.
  2. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

OMG. This is amazing! Best thread ever! Thanks, OP!

3. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

I applaud your effort and sharing!

4. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Haven't tried it yet, but repped for effort alone..

5. moose

moose Member

that's pretty cool if it works

6. thejav

thejav Member

This worked like 2 years back..but it was patched after the free trial of nba league pass ended..not sure its the exact thing..but will try if my ballstreams doesnt work..thanks..

7. bmd

bmd Member

Short version:

1. Copy link and paste it into notepad

2. Find the League Pass ID how I showed you

3. Input all of the information into the original link (date, teams, league pass ID, bitrate, etc.)

4. Copy your new link with the correct information filled in and paste it into VLC media player.

That's it. It's really not complicated. It just took a lot of words to explain how to do it step by step.

8. bmd

bmd Member

We'll see after the League Pass trial ends. I don't know if it will work or not.

9. dragician

dragician Member

Thanks, Snowden ;).

10. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I posted something similar to this a couple years back but it got shut down by the NBA eventually. Let's hope this stays up.

11. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

Lock this thread and hide it...lol

12. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

At least give credit to reddit if your going to straight up copy and paste it..

13. ILoveWhiteGirls

So if I wanted to watch the Clippers game, I'd wait tomorrow morning for replay, correct?

14. benvolio

benvolio Member

great find / share

URL streams right in Chrome as well.

15. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

I fear that now that this is posted in the wide open -- it won't last long. But excellent find.

And these can be downloaded too to be watched later.

16. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Contributing Member

can you use a media player other than the vlc? like windows media player? (if you had to hypothetically install this on a work computer that you don't have admin access to install the vlc player)

17. bmd

bmd Member

1. I didn't get it from reddit

2. I didn't straight-up copy and paste it

18. bmd

bmd Member

It probably works in windows media player. I use VLC and the instructions I got said to use VLC.

19. bradri

bradri New Member

select stream instead of play and you can save the game to a file.

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Awesome, thanks.