1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How to put artist and title info when converting from a burned cd to mp3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by persian hoopa, Apr 3, 2005.

Tags:
  1. persian hoopa

persian hoopa Contributing Member

I have several CDs I burned 4-5 years ago from borrowed CDs and the original napster. I don't have the original CDs or mp3 anymore just the burned CDs. I just got an ipod and would like to have this music on it. However, if I transfer the music it will just say track 1, 2, or 3 with no artist or song title info.

I have seen some stuff about id3 tags but it is over my head and I can't figure it out. Is there a program or service that I can use to get this info when I rip the burned cds to mp3s or do I have to manually rename for every song that I have on such CDs.

2. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

http://www.moodlogic.com/

I used this a few years back when it was free and I would highly suggest it. Its format is VERY similar to Apple's music orginizer on their OS

3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

You have an iPod. I assume you have iTunes. Read the help file if you can't figure it out on your own.

4. persian hoopa

thanks for the help bobrek:rolleyes:

I have used itunes before for my wife's ipod and don't have any problems with the stuff I already have downloaded.

I have a bunch of music on CDs I burned I while back and I would like for them to have the title and artist info on it. I am asking if there is a program that will look this up for me instead of it just having a bunch of songs that just say Track 1, 2, or 3

5. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

6. persian hoopa

Most of these CDs are mixes and not just a copy of an entire disc if that helps

7. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

The info would be on the cd already. If it's not there, you would would need to rip them with the correct info. I think musicmatch will help name the nameless files if it can recognize the cd, but it can't but that info on the cd, just the files onto your harddrive when you rip them.

Just saw your latest post.

If they are mixes you are probably screwed. The software recognizes the cds and names the files accordingly. I don't think it can just recognize individual songs that contain no artist info.

8. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

If they are mixes made by a third party (You your friends etc.) Then you are screwed and are going to have to type the names in by yourself.

If they are real copies of cds then the programs should recognize it and name them.

9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I just load the song into iTunes, highlight the song, select "get info" and then put in the data I want. Can't you do that?

I don't know why I got the "rolleyes". You have to type in the data yourself. I assume you have iTunes, you can do it through there without having to pay for a 3rd party product.

#9 bobrek, Apr 3, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2005