1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

how to live the life

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Ghettostar85, Apr 3, 2005.

1. Ghettostar85

Ghettostar85 Member

so guys how do u have to live to get to a point when everything feels wonderful,when u stop thinking on painful thing and all that.. how do u turn bad times into good times?

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

find a significant other.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

Become single. ;)

4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Three words:

Black tar heroine

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I don't have any answers, I have accomplished every goal I ever set out to in life, and then keep adding new ones to keep going.

However, I never feel completely satisfied, and in fact it takes me 3 or 4 days on my vacation to completely unwind......drives me nuts.

DD

6. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Stop doing self-destructiuve things. You feel like your not good enough so you punish yourself. But let me tell you, there are six billion people on this planet, it's not that hard to at least be average and average is good enough.

Also, you can make a little money, find someone to love, help other people; Hell, just get off the computer and go outside, Spring brings a sense of renwal to everything.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Except for the danged WEB WORMS, YECK !

8. Isabel

Isabel Member

Well, the ideal way is to find someone, preferably of the opposite sex and available, who will listen to you and make everything feel better. :) Of course, we don't all have that option all the time, so... go out and try to stay busy. Don't sit around the house; nothing is going to happen around the house. Go hang out in other places. Meet people. Work out. If you're an artistic type, produce some music or works of art or writing. Keep yourself occupied. Don't ever turn down the chance to get to know someone new; you might be surprised.

Unfortunately, these things sometimes require time to take effect. Which is frustrating. Just keep going and don't give up...

9. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I sit in once place really quiet and just try to empty my head. In fact, I think I'm going to do that right now. :)

10. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Headed for the D&D forum?

11. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Do something for somebody else-- especially children or the elderly.

12. Fatty FatBastard

I drink and masturbate simultaniousy. I let the two "heads" figure out whom is going to orgasm first...

13. getsmartnow

getsmartnow Contributing Member

"Dream as though you'll live forever; live as though you'll die tomorrow."

That always gets me through.

14. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

8 to 10 hours of sleep 2 or 3 times a day.

15. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

You know, I love this quote, but, seriously, it doesn't work. If I were to live as if I were going to die tomorrow, I'd be broke and homeless in about 2 weeks. I mean, I'd fly all over the world, play music every day, lounge in the sun, eat anywhere I wanted and NEVER EVER freakin' work.

I'm all for it in theory, but in practice...oh well. :)

16. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

If I did that I probably would die tomorrow...

17. droxford

droxford Member

YOUNG GUYS - READ THIS

This is something my parents never told me, and I very much wish they had.

Your early and mid 20's are an extremely pivotal time in your life.

You're not a kid any more.
    You're old enough to drive, drink, work, and live in a place of your own. This is important. But being older also means that you need to learn to cut back on your play time. The time is at hand for you to work hard.

You're not old yet.
    Later in your life, others will depend on you. This will prevent you from making aggressive choices in your life. You will sacrifice things that will make you happy in order to make them happy. That's what it means to have others depend on you.

So, while you're still in your early 20's - be aggressive. Do not pursue a serious relationship (trust me - one will come to you). If you want to move somewhere, like California, Hawaii, etc... DO IT. Chances are, you'll be beginning your life away from home in a small one-bedroom apartment (or two bedroom with a roommate) no matter where you are, so it might as well be someplace beautiful.

Save your money.
    You're a big boy/girl now. Those pretty plastic things that cost a lot of money can bring you some fun. But you need to be old enough to see the business world. Those toys are made by companies that want to take your money away from you. That's all they want. They'd even prefer it if you were addicted to their products. Don't give your money to them! Keep your money. It will help you when the time comes to use it for serious things in life (and there will be a TON of 'em!).

Work hard at a career. If you have a cool idea, drive it furiously. Aggressively try for higher and better. If you have a new business idea, find a way to make it happen. Do it. Do it now. Make it happen. You will probably not have this opportunity in the future.

Be aggressive. Push it. Move. Go. You have great chances at career success by starting now. Now is the time - not later. Make it happen. Drive it. Do it.

-- droxford

18. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Good stuff droxford

19. cagey veteran

cagey veteran Member

Always compare yourself to somone whose life sucks worse than yours.

20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Are you saying that's where all the empty heads hang out?