1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How to Argue on the Internet

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by durvasa, Jun 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Great post, I agree. The problem is getting baited into having a reasonable discussion when the other side resorts to youtube videos and twitter quotes though. It's a waste of time. Even if I disagree with someone, if they take the time to write out a good response I have a sense of respect for them, that this individual took the time out to respect me for my beliefs and wrote a nicely written post backing up his/her assertions. The problem with the former posts is that you're drawn into the poo flinging no matter how much you hate it as well.

*paging RocketsLegend*

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That article is just left-wing bleeding heart crap!

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

He left out:

- Don't run away and hide if someone corrects or challenges you. Have the gumption to stand up for what you wrote and either defend it or simply write - 'whoops, I screwed up, thanks for setting me straight.'