1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

How sick is the West going to be? Predict the final standings.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Lurch, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

1. Clippers
    2. Grizzlies
    3. OKC
    4. Houston
    5. Golden State
    6. San Antonio
    7. Denver
    8. New Orleans

This conference race is going to be so fun to watch, especially with our Rockets right there in the mix of things. I know it is still early to tell because the offseason is still so young and anything can change but how do you see it playing out?

This would land us a first round match-up with Golden State which would help it to develop into a premier rivalry that could last throughout Harden and Curry's careers.

I am so giddy about next season. I'm like a schoolgirl at a Justin Bieber concert.

2. acshen

acshen Contributing Member

1. Spurs
    2. Thunder
    3. Rockets
    4. Clippers
    5. Warriors
    6. Grizzlies
    7. Nuggets
    8. Pelicans

3. New Generation

1. OKC
    2. Clippers
    3. Houston
    4. San Antonio
    5. Grizzlies
    6.Golden State
    7. Denver
    8. Dallas

4. Roxs-Redemption

1. Spurs
    2. Thunder
    3. Rockets
    4. Clippers
    5. Warriors
    6. Grizzlies
    7. Nuggets
    8. Blazers

The first 5 seed western teams can be in any order. Western conference is getting so competitive.

5. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Wait until we get the rest of the free agents figured out, but for now I think:

1. Thunder
    2. Rockets
    3. Clippers
    4. Spurs
    5. Grizzlies
    6. Warriors
    7. Wolves
    8. Nuggets

6. CCorn

CCorn Member

The nba is so top heavy

7. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

1. Rockets :cool:
    2. Thunder
    3. Clippers
    4. Spurs
    5. Grizzlies
    6. Warriors
    7. Timberwolves
    8. Nuggets

1-3 could be in any order. I could see the Trailblazers or Pelicans getting the 8 seed too, this conference is going to be stacked.

8. conquistador#11

spurs
    thunder
    rockets
    grizzlies
    warriors
    clippers
    nuggets
    blazers/wolves

would not be surprised if it was another year like 2008-2009 were all seeds are 50 wins and higher. yikes. meanwhile in the east...

9. Cakewalk

Cakewalk Member

1. Thunder
    2. Rockets
    3. Grizzly
    4. Clippers
    5. Warrior
    6. Spurs
    7. Timberwolf
    8. Blazer

10. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

If we don't win the division, isn't 4th the highest seed we can get or something?

11. finsraider

finsraider Member

Better to break it into brackets IMO

Houston
    OKC
    Spurs

Clippers
    Memphis
    Warriors

Blazers
    Wolves

12. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

The Spurs were a remarkably healthy team last year. To assume they'll be the best still is a reach. I really think that this playoff loss was their last chance.

1. OKC
    2. Spurs
    3. Clippers
    4. Rockets
    5. Memphis
    6. Warriors
    7. Wolves (Love is healthy and they have Martin and Rubio, and a full year of Adelman's system; if they resign pekovic they will be a good team...just was caught with the injury bug)
    8. Utah
    9. Dallas (if they get Bynum, could be 5 or 6)
    10. Blazers
    11. Hornets
    12. Sacramento
    13. Lakers (Tank mode) will get the #1 pick
    14. Suns
    15. Nuggets (worst team in the NBA) will end up getting the #2 pick

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Not the best league in terms of parity, at all....

But it will be fun to have our team in the conversation again, if nothing else!

I think Memphis takes a big step back. New Orleans won't be as good as in the video game. GSW and Denver are wild cards.

14. Juxtaposed Jolt

^ There is no way the Nuggets will be the worst team in the NBA lololol

15. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Better not put too might pressure on these guys first year with Dwight. Let them grow.
    remember the Lakers hype?

16. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Spurs are still best in the West.

17. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

So none of you have the Lakers in the top 8 huh? interesting. Mike D can win with shooters. Not necessarily stars.

18. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

"still the best" :confused:

You do realize Thunder were the #1 seed and had one of the best point differentials of all time, right?

1 person likes this.
  19. Homey the Clown

(no order)

Don't count San Antonio out. Pop is too good of a coach and their roster is still one of the tops in the league. They have 14 straight 50+ win seasons. That's not by accident. They get **** done. They just picked up Marco and are looking at Billups and Matt Barnes. I only follow 2 teams in the league and it's the Rockets and Spurs. Call me a homer but the Spurs' records and results are no joke.

As long as Blake Griffin is Blake Griffin, the Clippers will always fall short. He has 0 post game and plays very little defense. Maybe Doc Rivers can change things. Oh yeah...Chris Paul got torched by Tony Parker in the playoffs. Fun times. Clippers are a question mark though. They suck on defense.

Houston with Dwight. I have to see it on the court. The good thing is with Howard being a decent defensive player in the post, they can shut **** down as most teams these days suck in the post and rely on their wings. Throw Josh Smith in there and **** will be real. Free throw shooting will suck though. Not good in close games.

Step Curry could go down at any moment in the season. I'd be cautious with GS. Plus they lost Jarrett Jack. They got Iggy but he didn't do much with Denver for me to say he'll change everything. I'd have to see what other moves they do.

OKC has 0 post game and has 0 interior defense. Durant and Westbrook are nice but what else do they have? Ibaka? He's a good shot blocker but he overrated as hell on defense. Much like the Clippers, it's barbeque chicken down there in the post against them. The buffet is always open.

Memphis got taken to the woodshed by the Spurs this postseason. They are a question mark much like the Clippers.

It's those 6 teams. I'd say Spurs #1 because they play at both ends of the court including inside and out. If that's my reasoning then I'd have to say Memphis #2. If Houston can get Dwight to return to his former self, I'd put them #3 IF they can get Josh Smith. OKC #4 just because they're OKC. They suck on defense, especially in the paint. Clippers #5 just because. GS #6 with a gimpy Steph Curry. #7 and #8 AND the rest don't matter. Lol @ the Lakers. Watch them make a splash next offseason. Assholes.

20. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

1.Okc
    2.Spurs
    3.Clippers
    4.Rockets
    5.Grizzlies
    6.Warriors
    ----Lock----------
    7.Wolves(pending injuries) or Dallas
    8.Blazers/nuggets
    ----------------------