1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How NOT to post on the BBS

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Clutch, Apr 27, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I will defend the board's right to criticize every time -- people who blast the board for being critical after a bad loss are usually in the wrong in my book. I'm not going to lock a thread because it has a different opinion of mine or because it's critical of the Rockets as a team or an individual player. As ima_drummer2k wrote recently -- we're fans, not cheerleaders.

BUT, this type of immature nonsense is ridiculous. No one wants it here.

A little intelligence, a dash of analytical thought and a pinch of class will get you far here. Moderators can't see every post here so please report these types of posts. The children need to be weeded out.

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Member

like i said, post CONSTRUCTIVE criticisms. that kind is just pure stupidity.

i'm fine wth saying tmac should step up, or he should be traded if it improves the team, but don't just spew pure garbage b/c you don't like the guy.

thanks clutch

3. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

Wow, what thread was that in? The nerve. :rolleyes:

4. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I guess it was Copter's post, wasn't it?

5. Arvid

Arvid Member

Actually freethrow shooting practice for TMac sounds a reasonable suggestion...

6. Sooner423

Sooner423 Member

I love that line.

7. BucMan55

BucMan55 Member

I think its funny to suggest that he doesn't practice free throws. You cant practice game situation. Its mental for him, and shooting a million free throws a day will not change his head.

8. Almu

Almu Member

Having been here for over 10 years, 80 percent of the posting now is done by people 15 and under it seems. Little temper tantrums seem to be more the norm than the exception.

You can't say ONE negative thing about Yao without having the Chinese contingent jump down your throat.

The T-Mac fans who became his fans just because he can dunk call you an idiot if you critique his game in any negative way.

This BBS needs an ENEMA! Whatever happened to posting threads with actual coherent basketball thoughts or even funny humor like LHutz?

I guess we can't get back to them days.

9. wekko368

wekko368 Member

But you can work on your mechanics. Once you get used to the motions, the mental pressures will play less of a factor.

Why do you think jordan could make free throws with his eyes closed? If you practice your free throws a lot, the movements become repetitive.

10. durvasa

durvasa Member

Remember around February McGrady decided he'd come to the gym on the first bus and get some extra shooting in? Apparently that didn't last long (Feigen was asked if he was still doing it in mid-March, and the reply was no).

This isn't simply a mental thing. That's about discipline, dedication, and yes, will power. Sure, he doesn't have to come early and get in some extra shoot practice. But shouldn't we expect that from someone who we rely on to shoot a lot and score a lot? Do you realize that McGrady has not hit even 50% of his shots in 23 straight games, dating back to 3/10? During that time, he's also shooting 65% from the free throw line. That should be unacceptable to him, but it sure doesn't seem that way.

Since 3/10 (last 23 games), these are his shooting stats: 37% from the field, 19% from 3, 65% from the line.

#10 durvasa, Apr 27, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2008
  11. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

The problem is placing everyone into groups. If you defend Yao, you are automatically Chinese and/or from China. If you defend T-Mac, you're a T-Mac lover that became his fan because he can dunk. It's like you can't defend anyone on the team without being called a pube rider or hater. What happened to being a fan? If you can't stand up for players on the HOME TEAM without being bashed, what can you do?

12. mic

mic Member

That or if you defend the team's talent, then you're simply naive and don't know what you're talking about.

13. Sooner423

Sooner423 Member

The people who are the problem don't just stand up for the players. They retaliate with verbal personal attacks. That is not how you have a discussion.

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Every other one just about...

I'm real glad Clutch has made this thread. Hopefully we can weed out the noise and graffiti now and get the GARM back to constructive discussion on the team.

15. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

and weed out the fake fans from the real fans!
    we should also report people who post bad facts too. we don't need that crap either.

thanks Clutch! lets seperate the crap fans from the clutch fans.

16. LoveRoxHateJazz

I agree, we are fans, not cheerleaders. But when Yao went down, everyone was laughing about making the playoffs. We made it and have to face arguably the second best team in the NBA (1-Spurs, 2-Utah blew Boston out one game and lost by 6 before that.)

So to get all b****y about losing this series when you didn't even think we would make the playoffs is inexcusable. Battier/Rafer/Scola/T-Mac are all playing a physical series with injuries. Jackson and Deron are playing with minor injuries.

17. heypartner

heypartner Member

As B-Bob recently suggested, just like Escape from New York, we should banish that guy to the D&D for a month. He can only post there, and he has to post at least once a day or he's banned, so the D&Ders can throw sticks and stones at him. That's a good idea B-Bob.

hehe

18. CrystalPistol

CrystalPistol Member

fo shizzle my nizzle... :D

19. Landlord Landry

shiney happy people holding hands. :)

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Wrong forum.

;)

just kidding Clutch