1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How many "next year" could we bear to earn championship?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by PeterKingX, Jun 1, 2009.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

It's an indefinite course. Once we get the one that stops us from saying "next year," I'll be saying "next year" the very next year.

2. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

Cleveland has a 4 more decades championship drought and never had a taste of being on the top of the basketball world.We just wait for 14 years(still counting) to get another title.Just keep waiting and fighting,good things would come your way.

P.S.I hope next season we'd be able to end our 15 year championship drought and bring happiness and glory back to H-town. :D

3. drowsy11

drowsy11 Member

seriously, we are lucky to have two rings in the relatively recent past (15 years) and be one of the top NBA teams NOW that will be competing for a championship next year. better than alot of other teams out there

4. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

this just proves how special championships are and they should be respected whether you saw that team play or not.

5. Obito

Obito Member

I believe we will win it next year with a healthy Yao, artest and mcgrady.

6. MD_in_Training

Welcome to the world of sports, buddy.

7. AaronBlurBrooks

If you have been watching the rockets for as long as I have, why even ask?

A true fan will follow his team through the ups and downs and cheer them on

with every opertunity. This organization has been great to the fans and has

made significant progress. I am willing to be patient for as long as it takes.

8. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

You really have a good attitude about game's win or lose. But I don't think it could be a excuse that we easily gave up hope earlier in the half of regular season.

9. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Member

Around 50. After that, it tends to just snap.

10. blender

blender Member

As a fan, you want to feel like the team is going in the "right" direction, making the right additions/subtractions, investing playing time in the right player or groups of players. Up until this year, I really felt the team was on this correct path, and I seriously believed this roster could have won the ring this year if not for McGrady's injury. For me, this season was to be the culmination of our "next years."

Now, I'm feeling very uncertain about the direction of this team, and McGrady's injury/contract status and his return date is at the center of this uncertainty. Maybe Morey's off-season moves will make things clearer for me, but right now, this coming "next year" feels to be a period of transition more than a legitimate chance at a championship.

11. A13

A13 Member

ONE At most

12. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

Celts 17
    Lakers 14 last one is in 2002
    Bulls 6 last one in 1998
    76ers 3 last one in 1983
    Spurs 4 last one in 2007, they have a impressive 100% when they get to the finals
    Warriors 3 last one in 1975
    Pistons 3 2005
    Knicks 2 back in 1973
    Heat 1 2006
    Bullets 1 1978
    and some other teams one it once back in 70s.
    We had 2 championships and we are one of the 7 teams to win a championship in the last 2 decade.

I'm glad i'm not a clippers fan..