1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How long do you plan to wear a mask?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by TWS1986, Mar 5, 2021.

1. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

I think this is probably best for D&D. Debated for the hangout, but it could turn into a shitstorm possibly.

How long do you guys feel like you will wear a mask now that the mandate is over (ugh)?

I'll probably wear it at least until I'm fully vaccinated by the end of this month and then for a good while after that. Granted, a fair amount of places are going to enforce it for a while anyway but I'm curious.

2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I don't wear mask outdoor (unless required or expected). I wear mask indoor and will continue to do so until vaccinated and until every adult has a chance to be vaccinated (June) not because I'm afraid of spreading it (vaccination essentially stop the spread), but so that others are at ease with me around them.

Afterward, I will wear mask if I'm sick.

I would love it if the US has a new culture of wearing masks whenever they are sick but still need or want to go out or go to work. The flu was killed by this behavior.

#2 Amiga, Mar 5, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
    vlaurelio, jiggyfly, ryan_98 and 3 others like this.
  3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I've been told that masks don't work. Surely you must be wrong.

Nook and TWS1986 like this.
  4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

You've been lied to. The masks cause psychological issue. Please be understanding to those that can't handle a mask.

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

NvM

TWS1986 likes this.
  6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not in TX so still have to follow my own state's mandate but if I was in TX I would continue the same practice of mask wearing indoors and if I'm around a lot of people or in close proximity outdoors.

T_Man, TWS1986 and Blatz like this.
  7. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

I've been told the same. No sense in this mask nonsense amirite??

8. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I am guessing that I will be vaccinated by summer and that I will likely still wear a mask in public into early fall. I am waiting until then to see how the vaccines do against the CV-19 variants.

tinman and BigM like this.
  9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Until I'm vaccinated. Will wear one indoors after that, probably, at least for a while, since we're not getting tattoos on our forehead with the golden seal of vaccination (maybe a picture of Fauci giving a thumbs-up). Guess I'll have to measure the wind and test if there's still nuclear fallout.

TWS1986 and Amiga like this.
  10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Until after summer.

TWS1986 likes this.
  11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I still wear them indoors in shared spaces as a courtesy to the people around me. But I still don't really go anywhere "high risk". Too close to being vaccinated. Home stretch. Staying vigilant.

R0ckets03, FranchiseBlade and TWS1986 like this.
  12. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

At least thru Summer anytime I am indoors, I`ve gone this long a few more months wont be that bad. Hopefully I get a vaccine in the next few months, I haven't even tried yet as there are more critical people who need it first

TWS1986 likes this.
  13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Probably for the next 10 years, because my wife just bought me this one last month:

[​IMG]

noppeper, mikol13, No Worries and 9 others like this.
  14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think if you pay attention to when and where people from Asia wear masks I think the logical model for masking in the near future that makes sense to me.

It’s always frustrating when you fly for a vacation and two days in you have a cold or a stomach bug because of the airport being a Petri dish.

Also bar restrooms will be a must for me to wear one because I can count on one hand how many bars I’ve been to that don’t smell like someone vomited inside of a dirty diaper.

So yeah I think masking is something I’ll keep in my back pocket for situations when I know I’ll be entering a germ filled scenario.

#14 dobro1229, Mar 5, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
    jiggyfly and TWS1986 like this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

until I’m vaccinated or things look like they’re clearly dying down...whichever comes 1st

T_Man and TWS1986 like this.
  16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Vaccinations generally mean your immune response is faster, and not mean you can't get infected and have the ability to give other the disease.

You're still a potential carrier if you're vaccinated, albeit the chances of spreading a higher load are much lower.

Mask mandates should remain until we reach herd immunity. But I think we should loosen restrictions now that death rates in hospitals are plummeting. There should be better protocols and city planning instead of this stupid lazy bullshit.

17. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Through next spring or summer probably, minimum. I don't think COVID-19 and its variants are done with us yet. Hope I'm wrong.

Best case, maybe fall.

TWS1986 likes this.
  18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Until it's well under control and community transmission is nearly dead.

So, probably years.

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Probably gonna stop after I'm vaccinated and numbers dip under wave #1

T_Man and AroundTheWorld like this.
  20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Until I get plastic surgery.